DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog in

"This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

"This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape) Empty
PostSubject: "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape)   "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 3:48 am

(Colin is probably gonna hate on me for naming this after some Wonder Years lyrics but waddaver. I do wut I want High Five )

Having been in Seattle for just over a year now, I decided to theme my mixtape around the concept of location. There are songs about home, songs about Seattle, songs from Seattle bands, or in some cases all of the above. Got its fair share of Orgcore, 90s pop rock, Bruce... with a few surprises mixed in!

Be sure to read the comments for each song. It explains the choice and how it fits in to the rest of the mixtape bounce

http://8tracks.com/cluckyb/this-towns-got-lies-to-tell
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape)   "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 2:42 pm

Fantastic stuff. Definitely gonna have to listen to more Mixtapes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape)   "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 3:11 pm

yes! Sir Mix-A-Lot
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape)   "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 3:53 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
yes! Sir Mix-A-Lot

Told ya there would be a few surprises =)
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape)   "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 4:18 pm

Love Mixtapes of course. Saw 'em the other night actually w/ The Wonder Years but I ended up missing TWY set. A little bummed about that. Not a big fan but still wanted to see them.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape)   "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 4:39 pm

simo wrote:
Love Mixtapes of course. Saw 'em the other night actually w/ The Wonder Years but I ended up missing TWY set. A little bummed about that. Not a big fan but still wanted to see them.

I'm a big fan of their (TWY) live shows. Crowd can get a little annoying with scene kids spending the whole show stage diving (at their last show I went to this one guy probably stage dove 20+ times during an hour long set), but for the most part is just lots of energy from the band/crowd and their stuff is great to sign along to. Not sure how the experience is if your not in the pit singing along though.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape)   "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 7:11 pm

Drew, you gotta do what ya gotta do! Razz

Listening now. Will post my thoughts afterward.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape)   "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 7:32 pm

The Divorce was the new band for me, I liked em! Also kicking myself for not listening to nearly enough Banner Pilot and Smokejumper as I should have been previously, bands rip.

Sir Mix-A-Lot made the mix though!
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape)   "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 8:14 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
The Divorce was the new band for me, I liked em! Also kicking myself for not listening to nearly enough Banner Pilot and Smokejumper as I should have been previously, bands rip.

Sir Mix-A-Lot made the mix though!

Wait you had heard of Smokejumper? Wasn't aware anyone out side of Seattle had heard of 'em.

Banner Pilot is awesome though. Also took me way too long to listen to their stuff. They put on a rad show too. (Actually a show of theirs with Broadway Calls was the first place I saw Smokejumper)

And yeah, Sir Mix-A-Lot was included just for you so I'm glad you liked it.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape)   "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 8:22 pm

They just played both Insub Fest in Baltimore and the Asbury Lanes with Black Wine this past week. Such a good band. Any recommendations for places to start/continue with Banner Pilot?
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape)   "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 8:34 pm

Can't go wrong with Heart Beats Pacific or Collapser for Banner Pilot.
Back to top Go down
Admodieus
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Admodieus

PostSubject: Re: "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape)   "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 8:38 pm

Great picks! The Wonder Years are from my hometown, went to high school with some of those guys. They've come a long way and make pretty solid pop punk if that's your thing.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape)   "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 8:46 pm

You're from Lansdale? I'm from Doylestown!

Really can't stand TWY though...
Back to top Go down
Admodieus
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Admodieus

PostSubject: Re: "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape)   "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 8:49 pm

colmillionaire, where do you live now? I'm currently in Philly, around Queen Village.

I saw a few shows in Doylestown too back when I was in high school (2004-2006). TWY really was a joke side-project started by the guys in two bands (The Premier, which was a big Lansdale at that time) and Emergency and I. TWY's first album (Get Stoked On It) continued this joke gimmick, then they got serious with The Upsides. They pretty much refuse to mentioned Get Stoked On It now, and they embrace their role as "serious" pop punk.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape)   "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 9:05 pm

I live near UPenns campus on Spruce in the 40's.

I might have seen you at some of those awful shows at the YMCA teen center. Best Lansdale band is The Minor Times IMO, so good. Just not into TWY music at all...I dunno because I like a lot of similar stuff.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape)   "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 9:10 pm

Everyone I've ever talked to about TWY says Get Stoked On It is completely terrible. Makes me wanna hear it actually.
Back to top Go down
Admodieus
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Admodieus

PostSubject: Re: "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape)   "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 9:22 pm

It's just a really goofy album, the lyrics are all about breakfast cereal characters, dinosaurs, land pirates, etc. There's also a somewhat out of place song (Geraldine Lies Over the Delaware) which is a holdover from their demos.

Anyways, I used to go to Drexel up until last June so I know University City quick well. Can't wait for TGA to get back to the city - last show I went to was their one in July 2010 at Penn's Landing, and it was awesome.

Back to top Go down
FelixMA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
FelixMA

PostSubject: Re: "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape)   "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:49 pm

Loved this! Great sombre opening with a bit of Bruce, had the amazing priviledge of getting to see him live last week Smile Also, thankyou for Harvey Danger, massive Peep Show fan and I've never bothered to actually check up the band behind the theme song...
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape)   "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 8:12 pm

Nice mix, know i'd like as soon as i heard Bruuuuuuce
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape)   "This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"This Towns Got Lies To Tell" -- (CluckyB's Mixtape)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Mix Tapes-
Jump to: