DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DimeStoreSaints shirts?

Go down 
+33
saltandburn1967
StitchesOnTheRadio
_rebekka_
DiamondSinatra
Holland
El Jefe
Vibes
markbarlow
The Boxer
njguy99
Hanswurst
sadly_ecstatic
JimmyB
moreblue
Jerseyrain
Forum Owner
Klown
steph
TGAforLIFE
Kosburn59
Camus
brianisbae
loazis
White Man In Hammersmith
Down by the Mersey
A_Regular
IrishNameAndAnInjury
steady now steady now
plugga
AGoodTime
Christophe
enola
Debonair
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

would you want a DSS Shirt?
Yes
DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Vote_lcap88%DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 88% [ 53 ]
No
DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Vote_lcap12%DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 60

AuthorMessage
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 3:00 pm

That's a great design! I like it too. Smile
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 3:15 pm

can we get man/woman shirts? Razz
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 3:38 pm

....I like it, but only if it says "We'll see you on the flip side, Steph." On the back...

just joking. Laughing
Back to top Go down
El Jefe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 5:11 pm

Some great designs here. I'll order one too! Though I think I have a lame number.... Can I trade for 666 or 13?
Back to top Go down
http://www.eljefedesign.com
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 5:13 pm

I want 666!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 7:33 pm

plugga wrote:
can we get man/woman shirts? Razz

yeah, seriously! most band shirts are not flattering for girls. at all.

however, i still am undecided on the matter, so who cares what i think. i like it in general, but i also think i'd feel like a giant dork wearing one Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 7:38 pm

I don't even care about numbers and names, I'd go for that shirt just as a Gaslight shirt itself
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 7:43 pm

Definite yes!! Numbers and names are cool I think!
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 5:36 am

Cool design. I'm still sticking with the idea of our DSS name on the back of the shirt. Don't really see the point of numbers though. We're not a sports team. And what number would we have the only number I can see is the member number that we had when we joined e.g Im guessing I might have been 1212th to join so Id have 1212. Anyone else have a good explanation of why numbers would be good and what theyd be out of curiosity?
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 5:37 am

Another idea is that we all take a Gaslight Anthem t shirt and have our name printed on the back and DSS in big letters where a number would be. That way we'd all have different shirts but we'd be identifiable to each other at gigs
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 6:01 am

I'm not necessarily thinking big numbers as in like a sports jersey I was thinking more along the lines of just small under the back of the collar. The number doesn't have to be necessarily that visible as long as it's there and then it's unique to each member. I would then have the name slightly bigger underneath. I wonder even if it might be an idea for the number to be incorporated into the design or whether that is getting a bit too difficult?
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 6:04 am

The more customized the shirts get, the more expensive and complicated they get.

I'd just like a simple, black shirt with moreblue's design...
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 6:07 am

njguy99 wrote:
The more customized the shirts get, the more expensive and complicated they get.

I'd just like a simple, black shirt with moreblue's design...

Yeah I thought so. I agree I like Mark's design but I think it would be a nice personal thing to have your # subtly on the back. Not sure if the name would work now. But yeah the more simple the better.
Back to top Go down
moreblue
A Contender
A Contender
moreblue

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 6:15 am

Hey guys, I'm not even 100% sure which design we're talking about but cheers for the feedback if it's the Anchor design I suggested. And no worries if not.

To have El Jefe himself give a collective nod of approval to this thread is cool. I have about a dozen of his awesome screen-prints framed and hanging in my place!

rjguy89 - I'm not sure when the Webster Hall show is, sorry. I only know when the U.K shows are. But sure, if you needed the press quality PDF of the design I could send that to you soon.

plugga - not 100% sure if you mean the anchor design I did or not but you can download Adobe Illustrator software for a free 30 day trial and give it ago. It's probably easier than you think.
And yep, we should definitely get a women's cut of Tshirt made so it's more flattering than a big baggy mens Tshirt.
Also, there could be an alternative version of the design for woman which was 75% smaller in size so it looked slightly sweeter on a women's cut of Tshirt.

markbarlow - yep I think dark grey would be great. Black is fine but also fades in the wash.

On the TGA part of the anchor do you guys think it should be 'T.G.A' or just TGA how it is now?

Last edited by moreblue on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 6:22 am

moreblue wrote:
Hey guys, I'm not even 100% sure which design we're talking about but cheers for the feedback if it's the Anchor design I suggested. And no worries if not.

To have even El Jefe himself give a collective nod of approval to this thread is cool. I have about a dozen of his awesome screen-prints framed and hanging in my place!

rjguy89 - I'm not sure when the Webster Hall show is, sorry. I only know when the U.K shows are. But sure, if you needed the press quality PDF of the design I could send that to you soon.

On the TGA part of the anchor do you guys think it should be 'T.G.A' or just TGA how it is now?

I like it as it is now, without periods. The Webster Hall is the record release show on July 24. Lots of us will be there!
Back to top Go down
moreblue
A Contender
A Contender
moreblue

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 6:44 am

njguy99 wrote:

I like it as it is now, without periods. The Webster Hall is the record release show on July 24. Lots of us will be there!

Sure, I can definitely send you a press quality PDF this evening (u.k time) if you like.

Also, I figure it won't be a big deal of people get this printed on whatever colour they choose. Black, grey, navy blue. Or something brighter to stand out more. The white 1 colour design should work on most colour Tshirts.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 6:47 am

Let's get official DSS approval first Smile I'm happy to set up the shop at Skreened with the shirt and all, so people can order if they want. But I don't want to print my own without the OK from the admins...
Back to top Go down
moreblue
A Contender
A Contender
moreblue

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 6:54 am

Sure, no worries Smile
I don't know how this works with getting it approved.
Back to top Go down
markbarlow
Wooderson
Wooderson
markbarlow

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 9:29 am

I'm guessing the mods/admins would just need to give their collective approval of the design and whether or not we're going with names and numbers (I vote not, simply for convenience).

Did someone say they'd approached el jefe about a design? I'd certainly be interested to see what he might come up with (if he was interested) but more than happy to go with moreblue's design - I think its great.

My employer has a decent industrial print department - I've got a feeling they could do t shirts so I could approach them for a quote. This might be work out cheap but of course we'd have to provide the shirts to start with which becomes difficult to organise (getting varied sizes).

Alternatively we could place an order from one of the online firms, get them delivered a designated person (maybe one per country/one per region in the US). I'll probably regret volunteering later (!) but I'd be happy to organise this for UK members and then post them out or bring them to shows.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 9:54 am

If there is some sort of vote for names/numbers, count me against the idea. It's cool that there is talk of a tshirt and all, but I prefer the subtlety of it all. Yes, I know I'm only going to wear it on certain occasions, but I still don't want to broadcast that 'hey...im on da internet'. The design alone should be enough.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 10:19 am

My vote goes names, no numbers. I think its nice that we can distinguish between ourselves and know who people are at the gigs
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:43 pm

^Agreed. That would make meetups/shows so much easier.
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:44 pm

but would you ever wear them in public again...?

Maybe I'm just been too pratical here Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:45 pm

I'd wear it walking the beach in Asbury, hoping Brian's out walking his dog and notices... lol!
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:47 pm

I would wear mine again regardless of whether it had a name and or number on it cos I like the design. It doesn't have to be too obvious just a subtle name and or number. I definitely wouldn't just wear it at gigs although that would obviously be the best place to wear it. It's a cool t shirt Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DimeStoreSaints shirts?   DimeStoreSaints shirts? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DimeStoreSaints shirts?
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next