DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EU / UK Tour 2012

Go down 
+80
Holland
golem
LaGuitarLady
Woody
moreblue
visible_karma
tom.TGA.punk
bringiton_ty
Emusic
DockOfTheBay
LittleSkill
kayla_tga
OldHaunts
BigCol
henn
Heart_Strings
AlfieUK
mike
Rock bus
BuddyHolly
bringiton
CapedAvenger
chickenman
thomas94
theBasemen
saraM87
joshyboytyler
1930_GA
_rebekka_
riversedge
steady now steady now
VoidedCyanide
PJayBe
theratman
AGoodTime
Raoul_Duke
NeverTrustAJunkie
StitchesOnTheRadio
sandinista
kirstyt
ThisMachineKillsFascists
bakerfall
JJW319
YouCanCallMeSally
ghosttocoast
giasonas
oh_megan
drifter69
The Boxer
Van Der Twix
Sinngh
Bea
oli1980
Álvaro
Camus
Dino
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Down by the Mersey
fake_empire
Krusimo
mingus
bobbyjames
tyoac
HorribleCrowe
The Major
Christophe
Gaslight23
Jerseyrain
Steve70s
Paula
VanillaMintFusion
White Man In Hammersmith
brucesboots
luckyman
loazis
plugga
Hirti
moonlight
Klown
enola
84 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Álvaro
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Álvaro

EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 8:00 am

Great photos & videos Manuela!

I went to Frankfurt, Munich and Stuttgart. Frankfurt was the worst of all but, being my first "proper" TGA show I enjoyed it. The setlist has nothing to do to what was finally played, no? (look at the encore part). When Brian said something like "thank you very much this is the Backseat" (in the end of the first part, before the encore) I notice how Alex R. look at Benny and he shrugged.

On the other hand, Munich was really good. I enjoyed when the played Changing of the Guards and Drive, for example. All the talking by Brian was really fun, also.

Stuttgart was pretty similar. They were wearing special tshirts to celebrate Halloween and they had their faces in red, black and white (they tried to be zombies but some of them - Alex L. - looked like a KISS singer, hehe). When they played Mae (first song) Brian walk from the back of the stage to the micro with a limp, like a zombie. There were funny conversations about swedish people (Brian likes them a lot, a lot, a lot but they don't do Halloween and that pissed him off as he thinks Halloween is awesome Smile).

Didn't like Blood Red Shoes much and, as expected, I loved Mr. Hause. I requested "Meet me at the Lanes" after the Frankfurt show (btw, I talked with some of your friends - I've recognised them on your photos! - who told me the story of the pizza box with the lyrics...you are professionals!) and finally could hear it in the session he had in a record store in Stuttgart...but I loved the one with the electric guitar he played in Vienna.

It was a great experience for me! Looking forward to Madrid to see the end of the tour.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 5:01 pm

Álvaro wrote:

Stuttgart was pretty similar. They were wearing special tshirts to celebrate Halloween and they had their faces in red, black and white (they tried to be zombies but some of them - Alex L. - looked like a KISS singer, hehe).

I think they were semi-copying the misfits. Dunno for sure but I know they've said they were gonna do that (Brian mentioned it I think in the Radio 1 interview) and it looks similar at least with Brian and Alex L. Like Alex L's look was the most accurate.

Thank you both for sharing about the shows you went to!
Back to top Go down
Sinngh
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Sinngh

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 5:16 pm

They played Changing of the Guards? How cool is that?
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 7:20 pm

Álvaro wrote:
Great photos & videos Manuela!

thanks Smile

Álvaro wrote:
I went to Frankfurt, Munich and Stuttgart. Frankfurt was the worst of all but, being my first "proper" TGA show I enjoyed it. The setlist has nothing to do to what was finally played, no? (look at the encore part).

How come we didn't meet Sad

Álvaro wrote:
On the other hand, Munich was really good. I enjoyed when the played Changing of the Guards and Drive, for example. All the talking by Brian was really fun, also.

Yeah that was really fun when after they played Backseat he came back saying "just kidding" and then launched into Drive. We couldn't believe it!

Álvaro wrote:
Didn't like Blood Red Shoes much and, as expected, I loved Mr. Hause. I requested "Meet me at the Lanes" after the Frankfurt show (btw, I talked with some of your friends - I've recognised them on your photos! - who told me the story of the pizza box with the lyrics...you are professionals!) and finally could hear it in the session he had in a record store in Stuttgart...but I loved the one with the electric guitar he played in Vienna.

Dave really is the best. I'm really happy for him that he managed to convince a lot of people of his music and preformance. Also it was very kind of him to play Meet Me At The Lanes for us in Vienna. Although we asked him and did the Pizza box thing we didn't expect him to play it because it didn't really fit in the set. Alos he played Rankers and Rotters in Vienna Smile

Who did you talk to in Vienna? And again why didn't we talk Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 7:28 pm

So, my tour is over now Sad

I did Berlin yesterday which was a perfect ending to that tour with Brian and Dave playing an intimate gig in the Ramones museum before the actual show in Columbiahalle.

Finally I got National Anthem (acoustic @ Ramones Museum) - I really wanted to hear that song live as it ist one of my favourites on Handwritten. Also I have now heard all Handwritten songs live (except You Got Lucky and Teenage Rebellion). I didn't take any videos at Columbiahalle but Rebekka filmed National Anthem in the Ramones Museum with my camera:

And I found this one as well:

I also didn't take a lot of pictures as the light was horrible at the front. But the ones I took are in my fb folder ....
Back to top Go down
Álvaro
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Álvaro

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 5:30 am

enola wrote:

I didn't go to Vienna, just watched a video of "Meet me at the Lanes" of that day!

We didn't talk because I didn't know you and I'm not good at starting conversations out of the blue with strangers so I didn't spoke with anybody in any of the shows! Smile I did talk in Frankfurt to 2 of the people that appear in your photos, a woman and a man (who may be italian or understand italian) in the merch while I was taking a photo with Dave Hause. And, now, I recognised you in your photos! You must tell me the story behind "Prague" and all that "Oh oh oh" that was so funny for Dave, hehehe.

I went "early" to the Frankfurt show (I arrive at the venue just before 6) but there were a lot of people already there (around 200, maybe). I was on the third row, just in front of the singer (when Dave said to take sides, ones to the right and the others to the left I was just in the middle) until the Gaslight show, when I went to a side because pogos are not for me Wink (worse off if I am circled by 190cm-tall germans!)

In Munich I arrived later and was in the 10 row more or less for Dave Hause and then went further back to the rest of the show.

In Stuttgart I arrive at 6.30 and, unexpectedly, I was in the first row, between Brian and Ian micros. So that was my wild show! Smile

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:

I think they were semi-copying the misfits. Dunno for sure but I know they've said they were gonna do that (Brian mentioned it I think in the Radio 1 interview) and it looks similar at least with Brian and Alex L. Like Alex L's look was the most accurate.

I just saw some photos and you are totally right!

Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 6:34 am

Álvaro wrote:
enola wrote:

I didn't go to Vienna, just watched a video of "Meet me at the Lanes" of that day!

We didn't talk because I didn't know you and I'm not good at starting conversations out of the blue with strangers so I didn't spoke with anybody in any of the shows! Smile I did talk in Frankfurt to 2 of the people that appear in your photos, a woman and a man (who may be italian or understand italian) in the merch while I was taking a photo with Dave Hause. And, now, I recognised you in your photos! You must tell me the story behind "Prague" and all that "Oh oh oh" that was so funny for Dave, hehehe.

Seems you talked to Flo and Nicole then. Flo is fluent in Italian Smile dave was fun in Frankfurt. That was the first time where he had to laugh so hard that he coukdn't sing anymore. The only thing we were doing was taking ober the Revival tour gang "ohooo" part during Prague. But he told us he enjoyed that Smile

Meet me at the lanes in Vienna was epic. Also the crowd liked it Smile

Back to top Go down
Álvaro
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Álvaro

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 8:12 am

Dave needs to release another album soon and start doing headline shows! Smile

By the way, why he does not want to be recorded when he plays Trusty Chords? (I've watched your video of Graz).

He did the same in his acoustic set in Stuttgart (in a record store) and I wonder why! I would understand, for example, if he didn't want any cameras on the whole set at the store - because it is supposed to be an intimate thing and all that - but just for that specific song? I will ask him next year, heheh.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 12:07 pm

I think he's tired of people requesting Trusty Chords from him. He sometimes throws in a line or a verse pf it in one if his songs but that's it. He once said it's his favourite song ever ... maybe he doesn't wanna ruin it ...

And as far as I know he will release a new album soon. He's playing 3 of the new ongs in almost every set now. AND he will tour with Cory Branan next spring. They both confirmed that ...
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 12:53 pm

When I saw him, he said, "If this is your favorite song, put your camera away and sing along." I don't think it's that he doesn't want to be filmed but that he wants people to participate and enjoy themselves in the moment.
Back to top Go down
Álvaro
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Álvaro

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 2:29 pm

I hope that tour with Cory Branan bring them to Europe again. That would be great!
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 2:34 pm

@Simo: that would totally make sense!

@Alvaro: it's a EU tour cheers
Back to top Go down
Álvaro
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Álvaro

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 2:47 pm

enola wrote:
@Alvaro: it's a EU tour cheers

Ok, I'll be more accurate: I hope that tour bring them to Spain!

WTF, I'll go to Germany again! Smile
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 3:18 pm

simo wrote:
When I saw him, he said, "If this is your favorite song, put your camera away and sing along." I don't think it's that he doesn't want to be filmed but that he wants people to participate and enjoy themselves in the moment.

That's what I thought as well. I've seen other bands ask people to put away the phones in the interest of having a good time in the moment, rather than looking through their phone the whole time. Foo Fighters and Green Day among them.
Back to top Go down
dado13
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 3:39 pm

Hi! Who is going to the Milan concert on tuesday?
Back to top Go down
moonlight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
moonlight

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 5:52 pm

dado13 wrote:
I'll be there bounce
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 6:50 pm

Álvaro wrote:
WTF, I'll go to Germany again! Smile

We'll be there Smile
Back to top Go down
encobel
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 6:54 pm

moonlight wrote:
dado13 wrote:
I'll be there bounce
I'll be there too
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 7:42 pm

Vienna bootleg posted, how exciting!! Thanks whoever you are!!!!

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=427238
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 3:22 am

Jerseyrain wrote:
Vienna bootleg posted, how exciting!! Thanks whoever you are!!!!

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=427238

Yeah! I was hoping that this one will appear! Makes me sooo happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 4:01 am

can i ask a dumb question...how do i open a torrent file after i download it? (I have a mac)
Back to top Go down
Van Der Twix
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Van Der Twix

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 11:17 am

Hi guys, here are some photos from the gig in Paris ! Check it out on the link below Smile The gig was great, the band was pleased to see that much fun in the crowd ! For once french public was great ! I also had the chance to speak with the guys (except Brian) and they're adorable ! I can't wait to see them again !
http://theoldwhitelincoln.com/the-gaslight-anthem-la-cigale-les-photos/EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 24 CIGALE5
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 11:46 am

Cool pix!

But why is it always Brian on almost all the pix? I mean, I like him of course, but there's other members in the band...
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
Van Der Twix
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Van Der Twix

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 2:12 pm

The friend who took the pictures had no photo pass (because of the shitty organisation) and could'nt really move that's why. Also he was there to interview and shoot Blood Red Shoes so he just gave me the good ones he took from TGA but I wish they were pictures of Benny and Alex R. too though Smile
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 3:11 pm

Ok! And sorry if my message was a bit rough :s didn't want to say it that way. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EU / UK Tour 2012
Page 24 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next