DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)

Go down 
+126
cdala
33RPMHero
thebiglebowski
Halcyon
Breanne
HolyBreakOfDay
betweenthewaxandtheneedle
visible_karma
sandinista
TrickyNick
encobel
henn
big blue
moonlight
OutOfStep
The Cool
AlrightToDrive
Reinvent good times
Tiffany
spork13
Hanswurst
HeardItLikeAShot
HighLonesome
janiejones
infoghost
redheadchick
'49mercury
matkins
19thirty
logan2u
moodydan
JonnyisRFC
pjpitt89
luckyman
Paddy
Holland
Hirti
DiamondSinatra
Emusic
SubconsciousRitual
onbackstreetsinbackseats
Kosburn59
kirstyt
TheContender
RandyMachoManCabbage
NeverSeenaTwoStep
El Jefe
bringiton_ty
CapedAvenger
thurman
dancs85
pjjankunas
bt211
dustinpardue
ManasquanMike
EveryLittleSecret
cruzila
megan125
Nothingman
oli1980
Shrewsbury_Stars
steph
Rizz
prettyontheinsidex
AGoodTime
outerheaven
cmigs
fatbench
loazis
failurebytopher
MetallicaTourCamper
DeathoftheCool
Keeb631
westwingjl
TGAforLIFE
JimmyB
Zach_Edelman
sadly_ecstatic
steady now steady now
rumham
YouCanCallMeSally
Velocity
mvw
miked331
Grant Michael
ashleybb
TGAFAN25
Casey
oh_megan
SirBrad
A_Regular
bakerfall
Down by the Mersey
White Man In Hammersmith
saltandburn1967
fullcollapse
J.B.R.
njguy99
ral
brucesboots
JJW319
plugga
jdc
Debonair
Mikael
Jerseyrain
bringiton
Van Der Twix
LuceroDiehard
VanillaMintFusion
Camus
moosicmaniac
Daire
Raoul_Duke
Labhras
Joe Thumb
NYYFAN523
NeverTrustAJunkie
EmptySoul89
colmillionaire
simo
azlisa
IrishNameAndAnInjury
StitchesOnTheRadio
Klown
enola
130 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 5:22 pm

Originally they were meant to play the Mandella Hall in Belfast, but it sold out pretty quick, so it got upgraded, they did come close to selling out the Ulster Hall, but it was only an extra couple of hundred tickets.

The Academy show was pretty spacey at times, there was a lot more there for the Revival Tour.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 6:40 pm

if they do model it after Pearl Jam's club, then seniority would determine your seats, so I'll be joining on day 1. obviously when they're playing GA shows you don't have an assigned seat, but when they move up to theaters, it would make a difference.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 6:41 pm

Yeah, seniority plays a big part in the PJ club, which is why I want day 1 signup. Granted, it's useless in Europe, but the odd US trip would be of a benefit.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 7:27 pm

That's actually an interesting point- maybe the selling out thing is really a problem in the Northeast US (?) I don't recall other cities selling out quite so fast anyway. So maybe that really wouldn't be a factor for people the way vinyl's not for me.

Well, if early access to tickets isn't involved, then my spending limit would probably go down a few bucks unless the merch was completely outstanding and I just had to have it.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 9:59 pm

enola wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
If they were doing special appearances, notice on how to participate before they put the news out to the general public.

I like that thought. If (some) fanclub members could get access to performances like this Red Bull Music Academy thing etc. or get informed about it in advance ... That would be great.

I love that idea because right now those things seem kind of like a crapshoot. (Although being on this forum has helped!)
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:54 am

I think the ticket thing is mainly a NJ/NY issue and I'm also not afraid that I won't get any tickets here in Austria. On the other hand I do travel a bit to see them and then I'm most probably very thankful for the opportunity to buy tix in a special presale.

I have no idea about the Pearl Jam fanclub but I will anyhow join the TGA fanclub on day 1 Very Happy

Btw: what would be a cool name for the fanclub? I'm thinking about it for a few days now but I'm hopelessly uncreative Wink

Last edited by enola on Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:56 am

What if they wanted to use "Dimestore Saints" :O
Back to top Go down
Raoul_Duke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Raoul_Duke

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 6:53 am

enola wrote:
I think the ticket thing is mainly a NJ/NY issue )

Dunno, depending on the size of the venues they play in England, id say its necessary here. Koko show was ridiculously quick to sell out.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 6:55 am

Raoul_Duke wrote:
enola wrote:
I think the ticket thing is mainly a NJ/NY issue )

Dunno, depending on the size of the venues they play in England, id say its necessary here. Koko show was ridiculously quick to sell out.

I think that was more because it's a one-off show with a capacity of 1000. They won't play over here again for another few months so I'm not surprised it sold so quickly.
Back to top Go down
Raoul_Duke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Raoul_Duke

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 7:24 am

yeah suppose. although what sort of venues will they likely play? Obviously theyll play bigger than Koko, but do we think hammersmith apollo size again? realistically, the next step up from that is arenas and im not sure they will do that yet.
Back to top Go down
Joe Thumb
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Joe Thumb

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 8:25 am

Raoul_Duke wrote:
yeah suppose. although what sort of venues will they likely play? Obviously theyll play bigger than Koko, but do we think hammersmith apollo size again? realistically, the next step up from that is arenas and im not sure they will do that yet.
fyi - if the rumours come true, they will play in venues in germany with a capacity of about 6 - 7.000 this autumn Shocked
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 8:54 am

Brixton is a 5,000 capacity venue as well.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:19 am

Joe Thumb wrote:
fyi - if the rumours come true, they will play in venues in germany with a capacity of about 6 - 7.000 this autumn Shocked

Well Tonhalle in Munich has a capacity of 2000 people. And it would be the same venue they played last year. Hmmmm, we'll see ....
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
VanillaMintFusion
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
VanillaMintFusion

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:41 pm

So in Ulm Brian chatted a bit about the Fan Club. He told us that with the fan club you'd get a tshirt, some free exclusive songs once a year, you'd get a laminate each year which can be used at certain gigs to get into soundchecks (this wouldn't be at every gig, but occasionally). There you could request songs to be played that wouldn't get played at gigs anymore for example. Also meet & greets etc. He also said he veto'd the "levels" within a fanclub. So not the "for 20$ you get this, for 40$ you get more access, rights" etc. He wanted to keep fans equal that joined. Regarding the tickets, we'd be able to buy a certain amount in a pre-sale there (like 2 or 4 tix max). If they discover names/addresses that weren't fans but scalpers they'd be kicked out. So interesting stuff...

BTW hi, this is Larissa. Some of you might have met me in Ulm Smile
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:46 pm

VanillaMintFusion wrote:
So in Ulm Brian chatted a bit about the Fan Club. He told us that with the fan club you'd get a tshirt, some free exclusive songs once a year, you'd get a laminate each year which can be used at certain gigs to get into soundchecks (this wouldn't be at every gig, but occasionally). There you could request songs to be played that wouldn't get played at gigs anymore for example. Also meet & greets etc. He also said he veto'd the "levels" within a fanclub. So not the "for 20$ you get this, for 40$ you get more access, rights" etc. He wanted to keep fans equal that joined. Regarding the tickets, we'd be able to buy a certain amount in a pre-sale there (like 2 or 4 tix max). If they discover names/addresses that weren't fans but scalpers they'd be kicked out. So interesting stuff...

Thanks for the info
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:50 pm

VanillaMintFusion wrote:
some free exclusive songs once a year

Please be vinyl, please be vinyl, please be vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Van Der Twix
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Van Der Twix

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:57 pm

VanillaMintFusion wrote:
He also said he veto'd the "levels" within a fanclub. So not the "for 20$ you get this, for 40$ you get more access, rights" etc. He wanted to keep fans equal that joined.
That is really cool from them. Thank's

Last edited by Van Der Twix on Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VanillaMintFusion
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
VanillaMintFusion

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:57 pm

Klown wrote:
VanillaMintFusion wrote:
some free exclusive songs once a year

Please be vinyl, please be vinyl, please be vinyl.
My thoughts exactly!!

Also he talked about exclusive merch, you could only get it if you were part of the "fan club".
BTW can I just mention how much I hate the word "fan club"?!!
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:59 pm

VanillaMintFusion wrote:

Yeah, I know what you mean, sounds like we are 8 years old or something Laughing
Back to top Go down
Van Der Twix
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Van Der Twix

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 3:01 pm

Klown wrote:
VanillaMintFusion wrote:

Yeah, I know what you mean, sounds like we are 8 years old or something Laughing

Agree. And I hope they won't call it "The Gaslight Army" or something like that... I'm no soldier Razz
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 3:03 pm

Van Der Twix wrote:
Klown wrote:
VanillaMintFusion wrote:

Agree. And I hope they won't call it "The Gaslight Army" or something like that... I'm no soldier Razz

Like this....(this years annual special exclusive gift)
45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 2 2361452730060565108S600x600Q85
Back to top Go down
Van Der Twix
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Van Der Twix

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 3:07 pm

Exactly !
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 5:12 pm

1) Would you join the fanclub? yep
2) How much would you be willing to pay as an annual fee? £40 or less depending
3) What kind of fanclub exclusives would you expect / wish for? exclusive songs/merch

I know of a few other bands that do this type of thing. I'm not a fan of these bands but they seem to run it pretty well. Paramore is one that charges $30 a year and you get free t shirts and stuff and I think soundcheck opportunities etc, and exclusive songs. My friend is very happy with it.

I know a band called Los Campesinos! do one and they have made special limited 7" singles with exclusive songs. Special fanzines and magazines and things like that. They also gives discounted gig tickets and money off their official merch shop which I'd like.

This band is on a much smaller scale so this type of thing isn't realistic as much - http://thecrookes.bigcartel.com/product/bright-young-things-membership

But they sell that for £7.50, and you get handmade fanzines with lyrics and things like that in. + guestlist, photos, setlists and other things.

So from a Gaslight one I'd like merch discounts, ticket pre-sale/or discounts, exclusive merch, a 7" or two with exclusive songs. I think that'd be worth $30 to me.
Back to top Go down
Raoul_Duke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Raoul_Duke

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 6:02 pm

VanillaMintFusion wrote:
So in Ulm Brian chatted a bit about the Fan Club. He told us that with the fan club [b]you'd get a tshirt, some free exclusive songs once a year, you'd get a laminate each year which can be used at certain gigs to get into soundchecks (this wouldn't be at every gig, but occasionally)[/b]. There you could request songs to be played that wouldn't get played at gigs anymore for example. Also meet & greets etc. He also said he veto'd the "levels" within a fanclub. So not the "for 20$ you get this, for 40$ you get more access, rights" etc. He wanted to keep fans equal that joined. Regarding the tickets, we'd be able to buy a certain amount in a pre-sale there (like 2 or 4 tix max). If they discover names/addresses that weren't fans but scalpers they'd be kicked out. So interesting stuff...

This sounds awesome. soundchecks would be mental. thats essentially what id pay for, the opportunity to meet them. and early gig tickets.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:53 pm

Raoul_Duke wrote:
VanillaMintFusion wrote:
So in Ulm Brian chatted a bit about the Fan Club. He told us that with the fan club [b]you'd get a tshirt, some free exclusive songs once a year, you'd get a laminate each year which can be used at certain gigs to get into soundchecks (this wouldn't be at every gig, but occasionally)[/b]. There you could request songs to be played that wouldn't get played at gigs anymore for example. Also meet & greets etc. He also said he veto'd the "levels" within a fanclub. So not the "for 20$ you get this, for 40$ you get more access, rights" etc. He wanted to keep fans equal that joined. Regarding the tickets, we'd be able to buy a certain amount in a pre-sale there (like 2 or 4 tix max). If they discover names/addresses that weren't fans but scalpers they'd be kicked out. So interesting stuff...

This sounds awesome. soundchecks would be mental. thats essentially what id pay for, the opportunity to meet them. and early gig tickets.

Woah! If I could afford it I'd up my original no more than 40 bux to no more than 80 for all that. Although if you weren't able to attend the gigs that they were allowing the sound check access then that would suck. Unless they did it at all gigs but you could only choose it for like 1 or 2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next