DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant

Go down 
+21
ManasquanMike
turnitin2004
ral
StitchesOnTheRadio
TGAFAN25
EveryLittleSecret
MetallicaTourCamper
xstevenbx
NeverTrustAJunkie
shadow0129
B701
sadly_ecstatic
dustinpardue
DiamondSinatra
LuceroDiehard
CluckyB
colmillionaire
Velocity
acousticbandit
njguy99
SouthJerseyTGA
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant   HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 2:08 am

Is anyone going to this from NYC? Would really appreciate a ride (would provide gas money, of course) or just someone to ride the bus with. Regardless, I'm almost 100% sure I'm going. Beyond excited!!
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant   HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 2:10 pm

I've got an extra. Message me if ya wanna come!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
MetallicaTourCamper
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant   HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 7:34 am

If you have spares go to Sammy's Beach Bar. Alot of the Faithful Metallica Metclubbers will be there. Get them interested in Gaslight Anthem.
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant   HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:35 am

hello friends. this is what i look like. say hello.

HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant - Page 2 Spurs
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant   HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:39 am

TONIGHT!! This will be my first TGA show in nearly 2 years and the first one outside of Florida. I am beyond excited!!! This is what I look like: HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant - Page 2 Photo_10

My name is Steven, I'm 5'4". Don't hesitate to say hi, if you see me

Back to top Go down
EveryLittleSecret
A Contender
A Contender
EveryLittleSecret

PostSubject: Re: HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant   HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 6:05 pm

So gaslight is totally warming up with handwritten, clear as day we can here it waiting outside
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant   HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 3:03 am

Soooooo how was it?!??!
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant   HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 3:44 am

Awesome show. Not filled up at all, the balcony looked almost empty from the floor. I hated A Place to Bury Strangers and Cage the Elephant equally. Hangs with xstevenbx were rad. Setlist was more or less the same as it has been recently...I dunno it off the top of my head though. Fun show, just wish the openers were decent and/or good.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant   HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 3:53 am

any new handwritten stuff played? Here Comes my Man? Handwritten?!?
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant   HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 3:54 am

Nope just Biloxi Parish and 45
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant   HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 3:56 am

I don't know why they had Cage the Elephant open for them. They're awful. Sucks the other opener was bad too especially when these tickets were a bit pricier.

Glad to hear it was an awesome show though. I'm getting the impression that Brian has more or less dropped the banter from shows and that's kind of a bummer. Did he talk much?
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant   HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 4:11 am

He had this awesome bit about airlines and how he doesn't like to fly, but only because people who he sits next to are fat/talk too much. Hopefully someone got a video of that it was priceless. But the chatting was cut down to a minimum I thought.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant   HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 9:36 am

A friend sent me the setlist last night.

The Gaslight Anthem
June 22, 2012
House of Blues, Atlantic City, NJ, USA

Great Expectations
SeƱor and the Queen
Drive
Even Cowgirls Get the Blues
Old White Lincoln
Film Noir
Angry Johnny and the Radio (Brand New - Jesis Christ tag)
The Patient Ferris Wheel
We Came to Dance
Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?
Wooderson
Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts
The Diamond Church Street Choir
Biloxi Parish
The Queen of Lower Chelsea
Here's Looking at You, Kid
The Backseat

Encore:
House of the Rising Sun (The Animals cover)
She Loves You
Casanova, Baby!
American Slang
The '59 Sound

on ~10:40, off ~12:20

Last edited by ral on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EveryLittleSecret
A Contender
A Contender
EveryLittleSecret

PostSubject: Re: HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant   HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:12 am

show was awesome! glad they played a good amount of SATQ and SOS. the openers were a joke, cages set was about 40 minutes to long, and a place to bury strangers was barely even music. the rest of the country gets dave hause as the opener, and i hate you for it hahaha

btw the "new" version of biloxi, the bridge, is amazing. i loved the old version we've all been seeinng on youtube vids for years, but the new bridge sounds soooo sweet live
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant   HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:32 am

That off time you posted isn't even close to being true. They finished around 12:10.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant   HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:34 am

Haha, it would have been very impressive to fit that many songs in 40 minutes
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant   HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:36 am

colmillionaire wrote:
That off time you posted isn't even close to being true. They finished around 12:10.

right, obviously that's a typo and was supposed to be ~12:20. hopefully no one thought they played 23 songs in 40 mins.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant   HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:37 am

Right on, just caught off guard Smile
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant   HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:40 am

Haha, I didn't REALLY believe they played them all in 40 minutes. No worries.
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant   HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:40 pm

Wow, no one else thought the sound at HOB sorta sucked?

I have been to 5 or 6 gaslight show, and i thought this one easily sounded the worst.

I started in the front middle at the start of the show and then moved to the far left side (the moshing right away to start the show was an absolute joke, but I'm never going to win that argument, so I wont waste my breath on it.)

On the left side I thought the reverb was terrible, and it was hard to hear the words.

I moved to the far back middle and again I thought the mix was terrible, and the quality of the sound wasn't very good.

Am I the only one who thought this? I have been to HOB before and the sound was fine so I'm not sure what this one. Other opinions?
Back to top Go down
ManasquanMike
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant   HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:53 pm

ral wrote:
A friend sent me the setlist last night.

The Gaslight Anthem
June 22, 2012
House of Blues, Atlantic City, NJ, USA

Great Expectations
SeƱor and the Queen
Drive
Even Cowgirls Get the Blues
Old White Lincoln
Film Noir
Angry Johnny and the Radio (Brand New - Jesis Christ tag)
The Patient Ferris Wheel
We Came to Dance
Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?
Wooderson
Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts
The Diamond Church Street Choir
Biloxi Parish
The Queen of Lower Chelsea
Here's Looking at You, Kid
The Backseat

Encore:
House of the Rising Sun (The Animals cover)
She Loves You
Casanova, Baby!
American Slang
The '59 Sound

on ~10:40, off ~12:20

I would be that friend. Hello Ral! Anyways the Brand New tag was the "We all have wood and nails" line from "Jesus Christ" Good energy on the floor last night from my view in Row A of the balcony. I shot a few videos if anyone is interested in checking them out. Just posted 59 Sound and House of the Rising Sun to Youtube:

Back to top Go down
ManasquanMike
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant   HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:55 pm

Here is House of the Rising Sun:

Back to top Go down
ManasquanMike
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant   HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:20 pm

turnitin2004 wrote:

I have been to 5 or 6 gaslight show, and i thought this one easily sounded the worst.

I started in the front middle at the start of the show and then moved to the far left side (the moshing right away to start the show was an absolute joke, but I'm never going to win that argument, so I wont waste my breath on it.)

On the left side I thought the reverb was terrible, and it was hard to hear the words.

I moved to the far back middle and again I thought the mix was terrible, and the quality of the sound wasn't very good.

Am I the only one who thought this? I have been to HOB before and the sound was fine so I'm not sure what this one. Other opinions?

I thought it was subpar for sure. Not complete garbage but subpar for sure.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant   HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 2:25 pm

ManasquanMike wrote:
turnitin2004 wrote:

I thought it was subpar for sure. Not complete garbage but subpar for sure.

Oh jeez. I was hoping by this tour they'd have the sound mixing thing down. Hopefully this was a one time issue but I'm not optimistic given the past.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant   HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 2:58 pm

This sounded soooo much better than the convention hall gig. I could every word Brian said regardless of where I was standing. In fact I think this was the best in terms of sound quality... Maybe I am biased because of all the crappy bands that played before gaslight..haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant   HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HOB Atlantic City w/ Cage the Elephant
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next