DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dimestore Saints App?

Go down 
+3
HorribleCrowe
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Jerseyrain
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

Dimestore Saints App? Empty
PostSubject: Dimestore Saints App?   Dimestore Saints App? Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 6:27 am

I don't know if any one has any expertise in this kind of area but I know with some phones it can be a little slow and difficult accessing this forum whilst on the go. I tend to find apps work a lot smoother but maybe thats just me. I envision, a DSS app. You sign in and get access to the hot topics on the forum, maybe set lists, links to the tumblr/ facebook etc maybe some photos and downloadable phone wallpapers. Ya'll feel what Im sayin or am I just bull shittin here? haha. Anyhow just wondered how the idea would go down.

Bon Jovi had their own offical app with some cool stuff on it but its best used when theyre on tour. It does give all the latest news etc.

I realise that creating and maintaining an app would take a lot of work. Im not sure if there any copyright issues or if the band would appreciate it or not. If its made by the fans and used by the fans and all of the content was either our own or linked to an official page I can't see it hurting...
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Dimestore Saints App?   Dimestore Saints App? Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 8:08 am

I think that's a cool idea, but I have no idea what would be involved in creating a DSS app. It could make accessing the forum easier on the go though! Smile
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: Dimestore Saints App?   Dimestore Saints App? Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 9:20 am

haha, well, in a month a half I have holidays, maybe I could make it happen?
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Dimestore Saints App?   Dimestore Saints App? Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 9:34 am

I agree it's a pain checking dss on the phone! if anyone can make this app happen I would appreciate it greatly Razz
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: Dimestore Saints App?   Dimestore Saints App? Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 10:18 am

plugga wrote:
I agree it's a pain checking dss on the phone! if anyone can make this app happen I would appreciate it greatly Razz

July it is!
Back to top Go down
kirstyt
Wooderson
Wooderson
kirstyt

PostSubject: Re: Dimestore Saints App?   Dimestore Saints App? Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 10:25 am

If this happens I'll be more inclined to get my iphone fixed. Checking the forum on my current phone is effort, ha
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Dimestore Saints App?   Dimestore Saints App? Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 10:51 am

Good of Horrible Crowe to volunteer. I know nothing about app deisgn I'll be honest. Nearer the time we should get on this thread to discuss content etc...
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Dimestore Saints App?   Dimestore Saints App? Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 10:53 am

When I just this site on my Android phone using the Dolphin broswer it converts the site to a text only mobile version
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: Dimestore Saints App?   Dimestore Saints App? Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 11:02 am

Jerseyrain wrote:
Good of Horrible Crowe to volunteer. I know nothing about app deisgn I'll be honest. Nearer the time we should get on this thread to discuss content etc...

I'll discuss this with Debonair if he's interested. I'm a newby in those things, but i'm a quick learner!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Dimestore Saints App?   Dimestore Saints App? Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 11:18 am

I can look if its possible, but I've figured out alot lately that doing a huge amount of stuff on this site isn't really easy. You end up having to do a bunch of cheats and "breaking" of codes to get stuff done. I've never necissarily looked for an app though.

But this is hosted by a site called "forumotion' which has gotten some bad reviews because they limit what you can actually do on your forums.

They are though slowly rolling out a mobile version of the site, which is suppose to one day have the ability to post.

But I'll get back to you on what I find, my guess though (right now) is that it can't be done because the code wouldn't allow for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dimestore Saints App?   Dimestore Saints App? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dimestore Saints App?
Page 1 of 1