DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

May 30 - Gaslight Anthem Day (a proposal)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

May 30 - Gaslight Anthem Day (a proposal) Empty
PostSubject: May 30 - Gaslight Anthem Day (a proposal)   May 30 - Gaslight Anthem Day (a proposal) Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 2:52 am

Hey guys, I've been thinking about this idea for the last few weeks and I wanted to float it here for our amazing Gaslight community.

On May 30, 2008, Gaslight sold out their first ever show at Asbury Lanes. It was a big deal since they'd never sold out that venue or a show in NJ before, according to them at the time.

The show was the 2nd time they ever played The '59 Sound (the song) live and at the time they had around four videos up on YouTube if I remember correctly.

Anyway...

I'm proposing that May 30 of each year be Gaslight Anthem Day. To commemorate this day for the past three years I've been listening to the setlist that the band played that night at the Lanes. It was a pretty monumental show for me and for the band as well

Here's the setlist:

The '59 Sound
SeƱor and the Queen
Wooderson
Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?
I'da Called You Woody, Joe
Angry Johnny and the Radio
We Came to Dance
Boomboxes and Dictionaries
The Navesink Banks
Say I Wont (Recognize)
Drive
I Coulda Been A Contender
Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts
We're Getting a Divorce, You Keep the Diner

It'd be cool if we could make this an unofficial TGA holiday. Listen to this playlist, think back on your best memories at shows and with the band, etc.

Anyone think this is a good idea?
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: May 30 - Gaslight Anthem Day (a proposal)   May 30 - Gaslight Anthem Day (a proposal) Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 4:34 am

I'm sorry man, it may be significant to people who were there but I'm not sure it's worthy of making a day of it....

Gaslight is going to continue to be something special, but there are bigger days to remark other than the first time they sold out a jersey show.. lots of bands have sold out jersey shows....

Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: May 30 - Gaslight Anthem Day (a proposal)   May 30 - Gaslight Anthem Day (a proposal) Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 11:08 am

This show was special to me cause it was my first time seeing them. It is also the best show that I've ever been to. But for others I'm not really sure that they care, because they weren't there. Also because they are always going to relate to the first time they saw them.

I'll be thinking about this show then. Hard to believe how far they have come in 4 years.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: May 30 - Gaslight Anthem Day (a proposal)   May 30 - Gaslight Anthem Day (a proposal) Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 12:36 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
I'm sorry man, it may be significant to people who were there but I'm not sure it's worthy of making a day of it....

Think this is pretty accurate the show might be special to some, but not everyone. If you picked like the day they played their first ever show. Maybe that would be more universal/understandable to people.

---------------

I mean there's also the day this forum started, July 12th 2008, which could be a similar gaslight anthem day thing, that you proposed, to celebrate the site.

Because, when you think about it, anything short of the gaslight anthem themselves (promoting this "may 30th" day) only the people on dimestore would know about it. So if you hold it on the anniversary of the site, it makes it more universal to the site members - who, to reiterate, would most likely be the only ones who know about this day because it was started on the site and not by gaslight.

Just my two cents, what ever you decide in the end is fine by me.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: May 30 - Gaslight Anthem Day (a proposal)   May 30 - Gaslight Anthem Day (a proposal) Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 12:57 pm

I vote we don't make a gaslight day until there's a watershed moment that is worthy of a gaslight day...

there've been lots of great memories that we have individually but collectively I don't think there is one that reaches everyone...

Perhaps the debut of Handwritten, depending on how well it does for them (overall, not just first week), could be, looking back, a notable day that things changed for them,....
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: May 30 - Gaslight Anthem Day (a proposal)   May 30 - Gaslight Anthem Day (a proposal) Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 2:19 am

I agree with all of this. Thanks for the feedback all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: May 30 - Gaslight Anthem Day (a proposal)   May 30 - Gaslight Anthem Day (a proposal) Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 2:44 am

Vibes wrote:
I agree with all of this. Thanks for the feedback all.

You're a good person, vibes Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May 30 - Gaslight Anthem Day (a proposal)   May 30 - Gaslight Anthem Day (a proposal) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

May 30 - Gaslight Anthem Day (a proposal)
Page 1 of 1