DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bruce Springsteen

Go down 
+118
shiftynj
brunswick18
NotLikeWeBleed
bt211
Johnny 99
The Angry Johnny Revue
reitzel6570
kappanera
The_River
Debonair
Anya_TGA
TheMagnificentDreamer
Jaws
moosicmaniac
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Thunder Peel
BossTime
songs like a comfort
f1schu111
oh_megan
moconnell23
BuddyHolly
Raoul_Duke
DiamondSinatra
NYYFAN523
bringiton_ty
Definitely_Josef
Shorestyle69
acousticbandit
HeroOfVirtue
Emusic
onbackstreetsinbackseats
gtalbott
StitchesOnTheRadio
QuizzlyBear
CapedAvenger
03aarm
40 Miler
rumham
ral
covsc1922
Mikael
redheadchick
_rebekka_
Klown
bringiton
The Poet Jonah
joshyboytyler
Camus
TGAforLIFE
steph
nico0493
Christophe
I Came To Dance
mingus
eremitapa
Stalls_Standing
Gaslight23
Rizz
NeverTrustAJunkie
AngryJohnnyN1930
TGAFAN25
eagles1139
Mipi
Bea
Fiddler
Holland
luckyman
ThisMachineKillsFascists
dm1234
theBasemen
Daire
backseat99
Labhras
Álvaro
Down by the Mersey
luckysparks
plugga
Ghost
jzancan
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
Jerseyrain
DeathoftheCool
Matilda Noir
Philo
IrishNameAndAnInjury
brucesboots
Harbortown
riversedge
JimmyB
RobertODonnell
chickenman
Shrewsbury_Stars
Grant Michael
LuceroDiehard
chrissylovesbruce
Jay
Jack
MKULTRA
kieran
Ryan
Johnny99
e7c
simo
sarahjay
AmandaC.
steady now steady now
Scarlett
thecosmickid
drifter69
Angry Johnny
stephendgaf
Shipyards
Jukebox Romeo
ambrose
JoshRaymond
PatientFabiWheel
Forum Owner
122 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Bruce Springsteen - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 2:36 pm

wow, you stood very close to him, were you able to touch him?
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 4:44 am

Wish I was seeing him tonight. It would seem the whole of Auckland but me is heading out. Events like this are ridiculous on this night of the world. A night out at Bruce for some people could easily set them back $500+ when you include arranging babysitters, food and drinks and what not on top of the already outrages ticket prices.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 1:06 pm

Anya_TGA wrote:

oh YES !! these hands have touched the Boss
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 3:11 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
Anya_TGA wrote:

oh YES !!  these hands have touched the Boss

wow that's amazing, but I think you had to wait very long before the show to be so close to him.
Back to top Go down
Thunder Peel
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Thunder Peel

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 2:38 pm

He's playing a free show to close out the NCAA March Madness concert here in Dallas next month. Between that and The Killers this is a free show I'll definitely try to catch.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/03/04/ncaa-march-madness-brings-concert-series-to-dallas/
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 1:55 am

https://soundcloud.com/matt-caracciolo/sets/nebraska

I covered nebraska! The whole album! check it out
Back to top Go down
Johnny 99
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Johnny 99

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 2:16 pm

Thought I'd bump this and show some love for the great man and his work.

Some classics you may or may not have heard.....

The Wish, about his mum buying his first guitar - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLselvSYLAI

Frankie, just beautiful, fantastic ending - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRae3BopvPQ

Man at the Top - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJD1VaZo_OQ

Incident on 57th Street, easily one of his top ten songs for me, story telling at it's finest - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtPEZX6wAzg

Used Cars, a hidden gem on an album of masterpieces - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zYf9Uw-6Ak

Covers

Pretty Woman with John Fogerty, turn it up loud! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDTcWqDCZi8

Blowin' In The Wind/Bad Moon Rising - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UZxLhOzO9M

Trapped - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzzOs0Da43Y
Back to top Go down
Thunder Peel
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Thunder Peel

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 9:40 pm

Used Cars is one of my favorites. Nebraska as a whole is a masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 8:57 pm

now The Boss is coming to Europe and even to Germany and these dates are so inconvenient for me...I havent seen him live yet and I really want to..and I wished for a show in Cologne...so now Idk if I should go or not....maybe Barcelona or Rome...I could also go to the German shows but tickets are on sale in 9hrs and I am still undecided...so I won't go to these shows...but chances are high that I won't go at all -.- why do I have to live in Luxembourg?
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 9:14 pm

I have seen two shows on this tour so far (Pittsburgh and Boston) and enjoyed them a lot more than the past few tours. I am not sure but assume they'll continue to play The River album in Europe plus other songs. Love that the set is tighter, at the same time there is also no need to go overboard and go to lots of shows. I highly recommend going to one if you can swing it somehow. Can you do one of the Paris shows? These are in arenas, which in my opinion is a better experience.
Back to top Go down
NotLikeWeBleed
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 1:20 am

Went to the Philly show and let me just say....they were on fireeeeeeeee! Set was tight, crowd was hot, and Bruce per usual, gave it 110%.
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 1:26 pm

Coming to Europe. Stocked!!! (seen my screen name, right?)
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 8:35 pm

I'm going to see Bruce Springsteen in Barcelona!!! I am super exctied!!
Back to top Go down
brunswick18
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
brunswick18

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 10:16 pm

Saw him this past Saturday, as always he puts on an amazing show, even when you know what the first 21 songs are going to be
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2016 7:47 pm

Seeing him in Manchester and Wembley. I've seen him twice before and he's a complete legend. I loved the first time i saw him, but the second was when he opened the Leeds Arena and it was absolutely the best gig i've ever seen. He's a force of nature and his band are incredible.
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
shiftynj

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 5:51 pm

I've been a Springsteen fan since the 80s (told you, I'm old!) and one of my biggest regrets was not getting tix to the TGA show in Asbury Park where he showed up.

I just saw him earlier this winter and he still gives an amazing show, 3 hours with no break and really entertaining.

I just saw Springsteen announced he is cancelling his Apr 10 show in Greensboro because of the anti-LGBT law that passed in North Carolina. "Some things are more important than a rock show and this fight against prejudice and bigotry — which is happening as I write — is one of them," he told fans. "It is the strongest means I have for raising my voice in opposition to those who continue to push us backwards instead of forwards."

You can argue either way about whether that's the "Right" move and who is really getting punished, but I definitely admire the principle.

Statement: A statement from Bruce Springsteen on North Carolina
Back to top Go down
http://vergeofjordan.blogspot.com
crsmsi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 12:27 pm

Well, that pretty much revokes the law then. If the people of North Carolina have any sense they'd rather marry a cow to a sack of bricks than miss out on the Boss.

But honestly: Let's hope it helps. It's great to see Bruce stand up for what he believes in.
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
shiftynj

PostSubject: Springsteen/E Street tribute to Prince   Bruce Springsteen - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 10:52 am

Springsteen (and soloist Nils Lofgren) paid tribute to Prince at their shows in NYC last weekend

Springsteen's Prince tribute a lesson in public mourning
NPR

Let's go to the video tape:
Back to top Go down
http://vergeofjordan.blogspot.com
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 6:23 pm

great cover
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 8:59 pm

I was at both Brooklyn shows and they were two incredible nights. Bruce covered Purple Rain both nights. The first time it was the show opener, the second time after the River set.

This is the official video: https://player.vimeo.com/video/164197570 but it seems the link comes and goes so if it's not working by the time you open it it may have been taken down.
There was also a free mp3 of the song for a few days, recordings of both shows should be available soon.
As powerful as the video is, it does not even come close to the intensity of the experience being there the moment when the house lights went down and the crowd realized what was coming. The entire arena felt like one community.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 6:02 am

Seeing him for the first time this summer, and I'm very excited about it. I've loved Born To Run since I was a teenager, and have got into more of his work in more recent years. Every video or live recording they just seem to completely nail it. I know they were playing the whole of The River earlier in the tour, but I've heard that may not be the case going forward - anyone know any more?
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 9:04 am

cowgirlwiththeblues wrote:
Seeing him for the first time this summer, and I'm very excited about it.  I've loved Born To Run since I was a teenager, and have got into more of his work in more recent years.  Every video or live recording they just seem to completely nail it.  I know they were playing the whole of The River earlier in the tour, but I've heard that may not be the case going forward - anyone know any more?

Yes, he said when they go to Europe they'll "open up the setlist" more. Some venues or nights may still see the full River, others will most likely have a large part of the set from The River, then possibly some of the outtakes, and other songs. I agree that playing the full River set in a stadium may not translate as well as it does in an arena. They may choose to skip some of the slower songs. Either way, you'll have a great time and the sets are so long (roughly 3 1/2 hours, no encore break) there is something for everyone.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 10:00 am

Thanks...wait and see then. As I said when I booked the tickets, if they just play Thunder Road and Born To Run and then leave, I'll consider that £170 well spent!

But obviously 3 1/2 hours would be nice!
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 6:37 pm

bt211 wrote:
Seeing him for the first time this summer, and I'm very excited about it.  I've loved Born To Run since I was a teenager, and have got into more of his work in more recent years.  Every video or live recording they just seem to completely nail it.  I know they were playing the whole of The River earlier in the tour, but I've heard that may not be the case going forward - anyone know any more?

Yes, he said when they go to Europe they'll "open up the setlist" more. Some venues or nights may still see the full River, others will most likely have a large part of the set from The River, then possibly some of the outtakes, and other songs. I agree that playing the full River set in a stadium may not translate as well as it does in an arena. They may choose to skip some of the slower songs. Either way, you'll have a great time and the sets are so long (roughly 3 1/2 hours, no encore break) there is something for everyone.

I will see him for the first time in May..so he wont do an encore break just as Brian does it? he plays the whole set without a pause?
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 11:23 pm

Anya_TGA wrote:
bt211 wrote:

I will see him for the first time in May..so he wont do an encore break just as Brian does it? he plays the whole set without a pause?

I have only seen him in the U.S. so not sure if Europe is different but all the past few tours the band hasn't left the stage until the final song. They will take a quick bow before what would be the encore songs but there is really no break in between. Shows have been 3 to 3 1/2 hours, no opener. If the start time says 7.30pm, it typically starts between 8pm and 8.30pm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 37 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bruce Springsteen
Page 37 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next