DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jim Lockey And The Solemn Sun

Go down 
+2
_rebekka_
IAmDisappeared
6 posters
AuthorMessage
IAmDisappeared
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
IAmDisappeared

Jim Lockey And The Solemn Sun Empty
PostSubject: Jim Lockey And The Solemn Sun   Jim Lockey And The Solemn Sun Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 9:12 am

These guys are the best! Anyone heard their new album 'Death'? Incredible. Get on it.
Back to top Go down
_rebekka_
A Contender
A Contender
_rebekka_

PostSubject: Re: Jim Lockey And The Solemn Sun   Jim Lockey And The Solemn Sun Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 12:53 pm

Yes it's great!

I saw them at the Barfly gig the day before Frank Turner's Wembley gig and I really liked them!
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: Jim Lockey And The Solemn Sun   Jim Lockey And The Solemn Sun Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 9:15 am

just discovered them the last week and.. wooaaah !!

sounds like if Mumford & Sons picked up the electric guitars and rocked out cheers

the entire album is streaming on xtramilerecordings currently

http://www.xtramilerecordings.com/NewsDetails.aspx?nid=632&act=view

my favorites are:

England's Death, A Song About Death, Warriors and Home Hospital

I really love this record, you definitely should give it a listen Wink
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: Jim Lockey And The Solemn Sun   Jim Lockey And The Solemn Sun Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 9:30 am

Well, I've known them for a few months. What I heard was really, really good -if you ask me. Nearly everyone I tried to introduce to those guys said: They're ok, but nothing more Sad
Haven't listened to a lot of their new songs from the album Death though, mainly Atlases - of which I absolutely love Boat Song.

btw: Thank you for the xtramile link. Waited for a possibility to listen to the album for a longer time since the album's not on Spotify.

Last edited by thomas94 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Jim Lockey And The Solemn Sun   Jim Lockey And The Solemn Sun Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:35 pm

Brilliant supporting Frank Turner on Sunday, and their album 'Death' is absolutely superb. I kind of get the 'heavy Mumford' comparisons but really these guys are on another level. Fantastic that they join this fairly crowded and bring something new to the table in their sound.

I have the same favourites as Hanswurst, those four songs are the stand out tracks on the album, and all terrific. Also Wishing Well.
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: Jim Lockey And The Solemn Sun   Jim Lockey And The Solemn Sun Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 8:29 pm

Ghost wrote:
Brilliant supporting Frank Turner on Sunday, and their album 'Death' is absolutely superb.

I think they even won Frank over with their tunes regarding some of Frank's posts on Facebook cheers

Last edited by thomas94 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: Jim Lockey And The Solemn Sun   Jim Lockey And The Solemn Sun Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 8:41 pm

thomas94 wrote:
Ghost wrote:
Brilliant supporting Frank Turner on Sunday, and their album 'Death' is absolutely superb.

I think they even won Frank over with their tunes regarding some of Frank posts on Facebook cheers

I think he even got a Jim Lockey-related tattoo on the day I saw them as well.
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: Jim Lockey And The Solemn Sun   Jim Lockey And The Solemn Sun Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 8:45 pm

Camus wrote:
thomas94 wrote:
Ghost wrote:

I think they even won Frank over with their tunes regarding some of Frank posts on Facebook cheers

I think he even got a Jim Lockey-related tattoo on the day I saw them as well.

Seriously? Surprised Is there a picture of that?
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: Jim Lockey And The Solemn Sun   Jim Lockey And The Solemn Sun Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 8:51 pm

http://pics.lockerz.com/s/263981294

Or it was matching tattoos or something, I can't remember what he'd said, I was definitely drunk at that show.
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: Jim Lockey And The Solemn Sun   Jim Lockey And The Solemn Sun Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 9:25 pm

Camus wrote:
http://pics.lockerz.com/s/263981294

Or it was matching tattoos or something, I can't remember what he'd said, I was definitely drunk at that show.

Thanks, Mike...that's pretty awesome! Wink
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: Jim Lockey And The Solemn Sun   Jim Lockey And The Solemn Sun Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 6:11 pm

they changed their name to just "solemn sun"
and came up with a new song which is more post-rock stuff

any thoughts from any fans on here?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jim Lockey And The Solemn Sun   Jim Lockey And The Solemn Sun Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jim Lockey And The Solemn Sun
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Other Bands-
Jump to: