DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leatherface

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

Leatherface Empty
PostSubject: Leatherface   Leatherface Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 6:37 am

Any fans here? I love this band maybe a bit to much. Mush IMO is one of the greatest punk records around.

Im really pissed though America keeps getting Leatherface while they neglect the UK despite being British. Sad
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Leatherface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherface   Leatherface Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:06 pm

cant say ive heard there tunes
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

Leatherface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherface   Leatherface Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 7:00 am

Meh they arnt massive. But it seems anyone who like Hot Water Music seem to dig this band as they have very similar sounds and have done a split. Unfortunately there isnt a lot of the stuff from mush around on the net. The rest of their stuff is a bit hit and miss.

The lyrics are top notch very intelligent though the vocals are an acquired taste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYQBUyL0ips
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Leatherface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherface   Leatherface Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 10:56 am

i do like hot water music
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

Leatherface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherface   Leatherface Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 12:58 am

JoshRaymond wrote:
i do like hot water music

Then you may well like. I seriously think any "gruff" punk fan should check out Mush and the HWM split. Check it Razz
Back to top Go down
Shipyards
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Shipyards

Leatherface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherface   Leatherface Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 12:32 pm

Huge Leatherface fan, they've been part of my life for a very long time and I never tire of them (from the "Beerpig" EP). Frankie is one of the most underated lyricists of the last twenty years (imho), they read like poetry- although his delivery is an aquired taste (gruff is the word indeed).

"Mush" is the best starting point, then "Minx" ... from there go nuts!

Like Kieran I am distressed that they have neglected the UK of late in favour of the States, Japan, etc; sure they'll return to our shores soon. Hopefully ..... ?
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

Leatherface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherface   Leatherface Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 7:58 am

I guessed by your username you where a fan. Laughing

Totally agree with the lyrics thats part of the attraction they would just be anther punk band without frankies input. Mush turned my musical 'career' (if that makes sense) upside down when I heard it for the first time.

Would agree with Mush and Minx as a starting point. The HWM split is probably their best record release and Andy is a great song albeit somewhat sad.

I do hope they return soon its got to be on the cards. I dont care if I have to travel from plymouth to London or anywhere to see them. Ideally now hot water music are back a joint headline tour would be sweet seeing as they have played togther lots on various tours.
Back to top Go down
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

Leatherface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherface   Leatherface Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 4:31 pm

Great band, Missed their first incarnation which i regret 'cos they toured mush loads around the North East which is where I'm from..Later on I always seemed to catch the spin off bands ie rugrat/bulltaco and dr bison. I'd love the chance to actually see them live. The were also kind of classed as the UK Jawbreaker , a band that I only hold the Clash above as ones that truly made me go wow.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Leatherface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherface   Leatherface Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:14 pm

just downloaded there split with HWM, i love the sound but the vocals are going to take some time to get used to
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

Leatherface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherface   Leatherface Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:41 pm

Frankie stubbs is such an awesome lyricist though stick at it check out Mush and Minx as well.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Leatherface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherface   Leatherface Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 6:08 pm

alright ill get that tonight
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

Leatherface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherface   Leatherface Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 6:41 pm

kieran wrote:
I guessed by your username you where a fan. Laughing

Totally agree with the lyrics thats part of the attraction they would just be anther punk band without frankies input.

I think that their guitarwork also makes Leatherface special. It's pretty technical for a punk rock band.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

Leatherface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherface   Leatherface Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 4:29 pm

New album stream its a lot better than Dog disco.

http://www.punknews.org/bands/leatherface
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Leatherface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leatherface   Leatherface Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leatherface
Page 1 of 1