DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's going on guys

Go down 
+2
Debonair
JesseCWhite
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JesseCWhite
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
JesseCWhite

What's going on guys Empty
PostSubject: What's going on guys   What's going on guys Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 3:55 pm

Hey guys,

I've been lurking these forums for the past year or so now. I finally decided to sign up for an account and contribute a bit. I discovered Gaslight the December after the '59 Sound was released. I've been listening non-stop since then. These forums have been great for compiling acoustic collections and discovering Surrogate McKenzie as well as This Charming Man.

My name is Jesse and I live in Ohio. I'm in my last semester of college and am getting married next month.

After putting acting to the side, I decided to focus on writing. I released a self-published poetry book in February titled 'Fabricated Autumn'. I have my own website, fabricatedautumn.com. I am in the process of self-publishing my first full-length novel and will hopefully be looking for an agent soon after. I appreciate any support and advice for those who read my work. I'd be happy to do the same for any other writers here. My novel, Stalking Nightfall, is in its final chapter. After a month of editing, the novel should be coming out in the middle of May.

Other than that, I'm a pretty laid back guy. I've been to a handful of Gaslight concerts in both Cleveland and Columbus. During the American Slang tour, I sliced my hand open the day before the concert. If any of you were at the first Columbus show, that was me in the front/second row with a bandage around his hand haha.

Anyways, it's nice to meet you all. I hope to contribute to the boards regularly now that I finally signed up for a membership.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fabricatedautumn.com
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: What's going on guys   What's going on guys Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 4:24 pm

Welcome man!
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

PostSubject: Re: What's going on guys   What's going on guys Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 4:34 pm

Welcome to the forums dude!
Back to top Go down
JesseCWhite
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
JesseCWhite

PostSubject: Re: What's going on guys   What's going on guys Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 4:39 pm

Thanks guys! Since I know someone will eventually ask - my favorite Gaslight song is The Backseat. It's the first song of theirs I heard all those years ago on their Myspace page haha. Old White Lincoln is a close second, as is Wooderson.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: What's going on guys   What's going on guys Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 pm

hey Jesse! sounds like you're pretty successful with your writing, that's awesome! i'll check out your site some time.
Back to top Go down
JesseCWhite
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
JesseCWhite

PostSubject: Re: What's going on guys   What's going on guys Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:13 pm

steph wrote:

hey Jesse! sounds like you're pretty successful with your writing, that's awesome! i'll check out your site some time.

Thanks Steph! Much appreciated! I'm just trying to get on my feet with it.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: What's going on guys   What's going on guys Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:33 pm

Hey Jesse, I'm Shannon. Welcome aboard! Congratulations on your poetry book and your novel as well. That's great! There are several writers on this forum (myself included), and I'll check out your website soon. We have a poetry and lyrics thread going that you should check out sometime. Everyone is very supportive around here and we'd love to read your work.

Oh yeah, The Backseat is one of my favorite Gaslight songs too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: What's going on guys   What's going on guys Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:36 pm

Welcome! Try not to get too attached to this place, it's a lot of fun Razz
Back to top Go down
JesseCWhite
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
JesseCWhite

PostSubject: Re: What's going on guys   What's going on guys Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:42 pm

Haha thanks! I'll be sure to check out the poetry thread as well. I'd love to read the works of fellow Gaslight fans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's going on guys   What's going on guys Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's going on guys
Page 1 of 1