DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ask The Person Below

Go down 
+33
Forum Owner
DeathoftheCool
Mary Ann
bringiton
Don Carlo
Pridevsprose
Harbortown
AmSlang59
Rizz
HorribleCrowe
The Angry Johnny Revue
TGAforLIFE
TGAFAN25
Holland
eremitapa
Christophe
Steve70s
Ryan!
driftwood
Red_Heels
The Poet Jonah
Philo
Klown
simo
Labhras
plugga
Debonair
Camus
steph
ThisMachineKillsFascists
JimmyB
loazis
IrishNameAndAnInjury
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

Ask The Person Below - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask The Person Below   Ask The Person Below - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 12:05 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Shocked How can I pick between those two?! What are you trying to do to me?! If I have to pick...I will go with Here's Looking at You, Kid. It's more personal to me and I connected with those lyrics the second I heard them, but I love Blue Jeans so much as well. Here's Looking At You, Kid just has so many great lines and the story is so relatable, I have to go with it.

If you could be a cartoon character, which one would you be?

I knew it would be a tough one. I think Here's Looking At You, Kid just shades it for me as well. I really hope there is a slow song on Handwritten that is right up there with these two Smile

Me too! I love the loud, fast songs so much, but there's something about the slower songs that Brian writes that just hits my soul like no other songs can. Only 12 weeks to go...

Yep I know what you mean. And even the fast songs have so much emotion behind them, he just writes great songs simple as that really. And don't remind me of 12 weeks! It seems like a lifetime away Sad
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Person Below   Ask The Person Below - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 12:09 pm

Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Shocked How can I pick between those two?! What are you trying to do to me?! If I have to pick...I will go with Here's Looking at You, Kid. It's more personal to me and I connected with those lyrics the second I heard them, but I love Blue Jeans so much as well. Here's Looking At You, Kid just has so many great lines and the story is so relatable, I have to go with it.

I knew it would be a tough one. I think Here's Looking At You, Kid just shades it for me as well. I really hope there is a slow song on Handwritten that is right up there with these two Smile

Me too! I love the loud, fast songs so much, but there's something about the slower songs that Brian writes that just hits my soul like no other songs can. Only 12 weeks to go...

Yep I know what you mean. And even the fast songs have so much emotion behind them, he just writes great songs simple as that really. And don't remind me of 12 weeks! It seems like a lifetime away Sad

I'm sorry! Sad I thought June seemed like a lifetime away, so this is just agonizing! Maybe once the preorder goes up on iTunes we will get to hear clips of each song! That will help make the wait a tiny bit more tolerable.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Person Below   Ask The Person Below - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 12:14 pm

Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:

I'm sorry! Sad I thought June seemed like a lifetime away, so this is just agonizing! Maybe once the preorder goes up on iTunes we will get to hear clips of each song! That will help make the wait a tiny bit more tolerable.

Yeah maybe I don't want to play them to death though if I do listen to them. I've just read quite an apt quote in 'Dorian Gray' about temptation - 'the only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself'

I know it will be torture to try and resist listening to previews so I guess I had best yield to temptation haha!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Person Below   Ask The Person Below - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 12:17 pm

Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:

Yeah maybe I don't want to play them to death though if I do listen to them. I've just read quite an apt quote in 'Dorian Gray' about temptation - 'the only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself'

I know it will be torture to try and resist listening to previews so I guess I had best yield to temptation haha!

That's a great quote! I think you're stronger than I am, because I have already gone off the deep end with "45". I don't even know how many times I've played it. If they put clips up, I'm going to listen, but hopefully I won't go insane about it. Wishful thinking? Razz
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Person Below   Ask The Person Below - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 12:27 pm

Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:

That's a great quote! I think you're stronger than I am, because I have already gone off the deep end with "45". I don't even know how many times I've played it. If they put clips up, I'm going to listen, but hopefully I won't go insane about it. Wishful thinking? Razz

Yeah same I think I have gone over 50 plays already! There's no way I will be able to resist clips particularly if everyone on this forum starts commenting on them!

The waiting is the hardest part as Tom Petty once said Wink Why does it have to be so long and hard?
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Person Below   Ask The Person Below - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 12:47 pm

Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:

Yeah same I think I have gone over 50 plays already! There's no way I will be able to resist clips particularly if everyone on this forum starts commenting on them!

The waiting is the hardest part as Tom Petty once said Wink Why does it have to be so long and hard?

That's what she said! cheers

Haha, Tom knew what he was talking about! I think TGA should cover that song in response to how long it's taking for this album to come out!
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Person Below   Ask The Person Below - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 12:49 pm

Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:

Haha, Tom knew what he was talking about! I think TGA should cover that song in response to how long it's taking for this album to come out!

Clap

I think you are right although if they did that it almost be like them taunting us!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Person Below   Ask The Person Below - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 12:56 pm

Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:

Ask The Person Below - Page 31 459784477

I think you are right although if they did that it almost be like them taunting us!

If any of them have read some of these posts and saw how crazed some of us are getting, I wouldn't put it past them to taunt us a little bit more, just for the fun of it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Person Below   Ask The Person Below - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 1:12 pm

Patrick, so Spongebob could hang out with me.

I'll not ask a question for a bit, as it seems there's quite the convo going on Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Person Below   Ask The Person Below - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 1:13 pm

Klown wrote:

I'll not ask a question for a bit, as it seems there's quite the convo going on Laughing

Apologies, me and Shannon have a tendency of getting sidetracked Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Person Below   Ask The Person Below - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 1:21 pm

Christophe wrote:
Klown wrote:

Haha, it's all good, it's fun to read stuff like that Smile Shows the love for the music on a genuine level.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Person Below   Ask The Person Below - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 1:46 pm

Klown wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Klown wrote:

Haha, it's all good, it's fun to read stuff like that Smile Shows the love for the music on a genuine level.

Yeah, sorry about hijacking the thread (again!). I get carried away sometimes and Christophe is a bad influence! Wink Razz

Please go ahead and ask a question, Gordon! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Person Below   Ask The Person Below - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 1:56 pm

Klown wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Klown wrote:

Yeah, sorry about hijacking the thread (again!). I get carried away sometimes and Christophe is a bad influence! Wink Razz

You're the bad influence Shannon you're older than me and should know better! Frying Pan

Yep question time Smile
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Person Below   Ask The Person Below - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 1:56 pm

Hmmmm...let me think.

Maybe one for the Uk'ers more than anything (although everyone needs to watch these shows!)

Father Ted or Black Books?
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Person Below   Ask The Person Below - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 1:59 pm

Christophe wrote:
Klown wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Klown wrote:

You're the bad influence Shannon you're older than me and should know better! Frying Pan

Yep question time Smile

I promise not to derail this thread anymore, I just had to give you a frying pan back, Christophe, for making me feel old. Frying Pan
Razz
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Person Below   Ask The Person Below - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 2:13 pm

Christophe wrote:
Klown wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Klown wrote:

Yep question time Smile

I promise not to derail this thread anymore, I just had to give you a frying pan back, Christophe, for making me feel old. Frying Pan
Razz

It's clear we need our own thread. Too enthusiastic for our own good! geek

Klown I would have to say Father Ted because I haven't seen Black Books.

What book are you reading at the moment?

Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Person Below   Ask The Person Below - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 2:24 pm

Christophe wrote:

Go find it now! seriously, how can you go wrong with the Father Ted humour and an alcoholic book store owner who hates customers. You can thank me later!

I'm giving into mainstream pressure at the moment, and am reading through Hunger Games. To be honest, I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would and have since went out and bought the rest of the set. Neglected reading for a while, I think this will get me back into it, so I can thank it for that.

Hot weather or cold weather?

Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Person Below   Ask The Person Below - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 2:29 pm

Klown wrote:
Christophe wrote:

Go find it now! seriously, how can you go wrong with the Father Ted humour and an alcoholic book store owner who hates customers. You can thank me later!

I'm giving into mainstream pressure at the moment, and am reading through Hunger Games. To be honest, I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would and have since went out and bought the rest of the set. Neglected reading for a while, I think this will get me back into it, so I can thank it for that.

Ok I will check it out when I get chance and let you know my thoughts.

Hot weather without a doubt. Just wish it would hurry up. Evil or Very Mad

Favourite film director?
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Person Below   Ask The Person Below - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 2:31 pm

Christophe, we should have our own thread! It would probably reset more often than spam! Razz

Alfred Hitchcock! I love his movies and they were pretty ground-breaking for their time.

Have you ever seen the rain coming down on a sunny day?
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Person Below   Ask The Person Below - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 2:36 pm

Christophe, we should have our own thread! It would probably reset more often than spam! Razz

Alfred Hitchcock! I love his movies and they were pretty ground-breaking for their time.

Have you ever seen the rain coming down on a sunny day?

lol! haha yeah I think you're right Shannon it would be worse than spam!

I actually saw the rain coming down on a sunny day yesterday for the first time in a while. It was refreshing Wink

(I feel under pressure now to post a reply to the question every time in this thread now haha!)

Would you rather be called Donald or Donal?

Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Person Below   Ask The Person Below - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 3:20 pm

Christophe wrote:
Klown wrote:
Christophe wrote:

Ok I will check it out when I get chance and let you know my thoughts.

Hot weather without a doubt. Just wish it would hurry up. Evil or Very Mad

Favourite film director?

You'd better watch Black Books. Dylan Moran couldn't be any more funny.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Person Below   Ask The Person Below - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 2:37 pm

Christophe wrote:

UMM, i'd rather not be called a man's name, but what the hell kinda name is "Donal"? that's my answer.

if you ended up in jail, what would it be for?
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Person Below   Ask The Person Below - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 2:39 pm

steph wrote:
Christophe wrote:

UMM, i'd rather not be called a man's name, but what the hell kinda name is "Donal"? that's my answer.

lol! Donal is a great name! Can't get more Irish than being called Donal Wink

Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Person Below   Ask The Person Below - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 2:43 pm

Christophe wrote:
steph wrote:
Christophe wrote:

lol! Donal is a great name! Can't get more Irish than being called Donal Wink

Razz it sounds ridiculous to my American brain. i'll go with Labhras for an Irish name Wink
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Person Below   Ask The Person Below - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:39 pm

steph wrote:

Probably either wreckless driving, engaging in a speed contest, or something like that, plus possibly arguing with the officer and trying to talk my way out of trouble. It's a minor miracle that I have never gotten a speeding ticket. Rolling Eyes

Are you afraid of spiders?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Person Below   Ask The Person Below - Page 31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ask The Person Below
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next