DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog in

"A Stroll Around the Neighborhood" - Bea's Mixtape

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

"A Stroll Around the Neighborhood" - Bea's Mixtape  Empty
PostSubject: "A Stroll Around the Neighborhood" - Bea's Mixtape    "A Stroll Around the Neighborhood" - Bea's Mixtape  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 4:34 am

Name: A Stroll Around the Neighborhood

Link: http://8tracks.com/bea92/a-stroll-around-the-neighborhood

Description:
I've been listening to a lot of slower songs lately - mostly because I've found myself taking a lot buses and trains deep in the night. Now don't get me wrong, I've grown up on punk rock and there's nothing I love more than them fast songs. But I also do believe there's a time for every kind of music. There's a time for turning up the volume and listen to punk. There's a time for dancing in your room to those songs you'll never admit in front of your friends you like (yes, you know what I'm talking about). And there's also a time for just letting the slow music soothe you. These are some of the songs that I've been listening on repeat lately, whether on the last train of the night or during the long walk home from the station. So if you're gonna listen to this mix, I'd recommend you do this right. I'd say go take a walk around the neighborhood, either late at night or very early in the morning. But since I'm not sure you can listen to this mix somewhere else than your computer, here's plan B: just wait until it's dark outside, preferably late at night - when it seems like you're the only person awake in miles -, lay on your bed, turn down the lights, and relax. There's no need to be so tough and punk rock all the time Wink

ps: the title comes from the song "New Year's Eve" by First Aid Kit. GO LISTEN TO THAT ALBUM! best so far this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "A Stroll Around the Neighborhood" - Bea's Mixtape    "A Stroll Around the Neighborhood" - Bea's Mixtape  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 4:37 am

pumping this right now cause its midnight and everyone in the house is asleep.

1. never really listened to him...wonderful song as an intro.

2. Never really listened to the Avett Brothers also tho I have heard a lot about em... defiantly checking them out now

3. I've seen you talk about this band few times, nice to finally know what they sound like.

4. saw them on tour with TGA. I bought that album.

5. Best Band in the world.

6. Never heard of this guy

7. Didn't know this was a cover.

8. sooo gooood.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: "A Stroll Around the Neighborhood" - Bea's Mixtape    "A Stroll Around the Neighborhood" - Bea's Mixtape  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 2:25 pm

It got the job done, feeling pretty drowsy. Love Pearl Jam, Adele, and The Avett Brothers. I'll give this mix to my mom, I'm sure she'll love it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: "A Stroll Around the Neighborhood" - Bea's Mixtape    "A Stroll Around the Neighborhood" - Bea's Mixtape  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 3:05 pm

listened to this in the evening, probably should have left it for a quieter moment of my day, but I loved it nonetheless!
I and love and you is one of my favorite songs by the avett brothers, pearl jam are just... well, pearl jam everything they do gets my approval and that song makes me cry everytime I hear it, yeah.
also yay tom waits!
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: "A Stroll Around the Neighborhood" - Bea's Mixtape    "A Stroll Around the Neighborhood" - Bea's Mixtape  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:16 pm

Good mix of artists on this one. I was familiar with all of them but had only heard maybe half of the songs chosen. I was interested in seeing which PJ song you picked given the slow songs description but then it was probably my least favorite PJ song of all time. If I never hear
Spoiler:

again it will be too soon. They have so many fantastic songs that fit the mood you went with too - All or None, Nothingman, Off He Goes, and Of The Girl come to mind immediately.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: "A Stroll Around the Neighborhood" - Bea's Mixtape    "A Stroll Around the Neighborhood" - Bea's Mixtape  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:31 pm

ral wrote:
Good mix of artists on this one. I was familiar with all of them but had only heard maybe half of the songs chosen. I was interested in seeing which PJ song you picked given the slow songs description but then it was probably my least favorite PJ song of all time. If I never hear
Spoiler:

again it will be too soon. They have so many fantastic songs that fit the mood you went with too - All or None, Nothingman, Off He Goes, and Of The Girl come to mind immediately.
i'm not a big PJ fan at all, i only have Backspacer and just because a friend gave it to me... so that's the only slow song of theirs that i know, and i like it too.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: "A Stroll Around the Neighborhood" - Bea's Mixtape    "A Stroll Around the Neighborhood" - Bea's Mixtape  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:43 pm

Bea wrote:
ral wrote:
Spoiler:

i'm not a big PJ fan at all, i only have Backspacer and just because a friend gave it to me... so that's the only slow song of theirs that i know, and i like it too.

You're missing out if that's the only PJ you've heard. They're worth checking out, even just the songs I mentioned. Also, somehow I left probably their best "slow" song, Indifference, off my list the first time.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: "A Stroll Around the Neighborhood" - Bea's Mixtape    "A Stroll Around the Neighborhood" - Bea's Mixtape  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:46 pm

i will listen to those songs for sure. i like the Into the Wild soundtrack and that song he did for Big Fish, but i somehow haven't been able to get into PJ...
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: "A Stroll Around the Neighborhood" - Bea's Mixtape    "A Stroll Around the Neighborhood" - Bea's Mixtape  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 4:07 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "A Stroll Around the Neighborhood" - Bea's Mixtape    "A Stroll Around the Neighborhood" - Bea's Mixtape  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 6:35 pm

the song from the Big Fish soundtrack..'Man of the Hour' is sooooooo goooood
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "A Stroll Around the Neighborhood" - Bea's Mixtape    "A Stroll Around the Neighborhood" - Bea's Mixtape  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"A Stroll Around the Neighborhood" - Bea's Mixtape
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Mix Tapes-
Jump to: