DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog in

 

 "Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

Posts : 669
Join date : 2011-05-27
Age : 24
Location : New Zealand

"Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape Empty
PostSubject: "Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape   "Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 3:29 am

Name: Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)
Link: http://8tracks.com/the-angry-johnny-revue/songs-i-ve-grown-up-with-so-far
Description:
This is my mixtape for the Dimestore Saints forum. I started listening to music regularly when I was 7, and almost 7 years later I've made this mixtape. The music I listened to in the past and the music I listen to now is far different, but here are 8 songs that have stayed with me throughout my childhood and early teenage years.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Posts : 5335
Join date : 2011-12-16
Age : 30
Location : UK

"Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape   "Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:50 am

Really enjoyed this mix. A couple of songs I've not heard in a long time, and a couple new to me. Nice work.
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

Posts : 1356
Join date : 2012-01-07
Age : 26
Location : The Ferris Wheel

"Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape   "Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:01 am

Starting with The Kooks, great great great choice!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



"Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape   "Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 2:41 pm

man never listened to the Stereophonics but I liked the song you put in.
Also I love love Lucero so great to see them on the mix.
Also what's your favorite John Frusciante album? I don't run into people normally who have heard of his solo album. Good surprise.
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

Posts : 669
Join date : 2011-05-27
Age : 24
Location : New Zealand

"Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape   "Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 2:57 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
man never listened to the Stereophonics but I liked the song you put in.
Also I love love Lucero so great to see them on the mix.
Also what's your favorite John Frusciante album? I don't run into people normally who have heard of his solo album. Good surprise.

Shadows Collide With People is my favourite of his solo efforts. I also like the psychedelic feel The Empyrean has, and Curtains is a good album as well. I don't really like the rest of his work, because quite frankly I'm not a fan of electronic music.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Posts : 8156
Join date : 2011-01-03
Age : 31
Location : UK

"Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape   "Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 3:05 pm

I like your mixtape! not the biggest fan of rhcp but I do like john frusciante a lot!
the kooks are kinda weird ahaha
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



"Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape   "Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 3:25 pm

The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
man never listened to the Stereophonics but I liked the song you put in.
Also I love love Lucero so great to see them on the mix.
Also what's your favorite John Frusciante album? I don't run into people normally who have heard of his solo album. Good surprise.

Shadows Collide With People is my favourite of his solo efforts. I also like the psychedelic feel The Empyrean has, and Curtains is a good album as well. I don't really like the rest of his work, because quite frankly I'm not a fan of electronic music.

have you heard his first two albums? they are pretty great considering how dopped up he was.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

Posts : 1230
Join date : 2010-01-24
Age : 30
Location : On the flipside, Netherlands

"Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape   "Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 3:25 pm

Cool mix! Will listen to some more Ryan Adams aside from Gold : )

Nice website by the way. I like the comments you can add for every song.
Back to top Go down
HarryLime
Wooderson
Wooderson
HarryLime

Posts : 328
Join date : 2009-11-12
Age : 29
Location : Georgia, USA

"Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape   "Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 3:53 pm

The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:
Name: Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)
Link: http://8tracks.com/the-angry-johnny-revue/songs-i-ve-grown-up-with-so-far
Description:
This is my mixtape for the Dimestore Saints forum. I started listening to music regularly when I was 7, and almost 7 years later I've made this mixtape. The music I listened to in the past and the music I listen to now is far different, but here are 8 songs that have stayed with me throughout my childhood and early teenage years.
Great list! I'll definitely be listening to some more Lostprophets.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Posts : 1953
Join date : 2010-07-26
Age : 26
Location : The Dreaded Barbary Coast

"Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape   "Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 5:25 pm

Forgot how much I love sofa song. Good mix, good mix
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

Posts : 931
Join date : 2011-03-15
Age : 35
Location : Wigan, England

"Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape   "Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:23 am

Good Mix!
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content




"Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape   "Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
"Songs I've Grown Up With (So Far)" - Angry Johnny Revue's Mixtape
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Mix Tapes-
Jump to: