DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)

Go down 
+20
Harbortown
Shrewsbury_Stars
ral
kuruptlon
NeverTrustAJunkie
steady now steady now
plugga
Holland
loazis
IKeeptheDiner
brucesboots
eremitapa
steph
The Angry Johnny Revue
simo
IrishNameAndAnInjury
JimmyB
DeathoftheCool
Debonair
eagles1139
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 3:06 pm

Taking the angle that Brian wasn't saying anything important is funny to me. If you'll notice, he is the one on stage and the person that people paid their hard earned money to hear. So to those people, yeah, he actually was preaching the sermon on the mount. Would be different if everyone were sat in a living room talking at a party and Brian demanded everyone shut up and listen to him. It's not like the kids were quietly speaking to each other. They were obviously being obnoxious.

Anyway, Brian obviously apologized to them so whatever. He's human and is allowed to have a bad night and shouldn't be crucified for it. This talking crap happens all the time and if I were him, I probably would have snapped a lot sooner.

As brucesboots said, I personally could care less if they don't come to see Brian/TGA in the future. Doesn't sound like they were there for him to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 3:21 pm

I'm taking the angle that people should just be nicer to people in general. It's frankly kind of sad that nobody else is sharing this point of view.

I'm sure if I were to go back in time to 2007 and show brian this video he would cringe.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 3:33 pm

I guess I'm not sure where you're coming from. I think it's pretty clear that the general feeling is that it was out of character whether because he swore or how he handled the moment in general.

If Brian had reacted badly when he was confronted by the injured party after the show instead of giving him free merch and a personal apology, and also if he had not had a history of normally handling these incidents with a better sense of humor, I suppose there would be more of a viewpoint on here that he should be nicer to people.

Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 3:44 pm

Jay wrote:
I'm taking the angle that people should just be nicer to people in general. It's frankly kind of sad that nobody else is sharing this point of view.

I'm sure if I were to go back in time to 2007 and show brian this video he would cringe.

I doubt you'd have to go back to 2007. You do have a point though, Brian could've been nicer when telling them to shut the fuck up but that doesn't excuse the people ruining the show for others. They were drunk, loudly talking through songs, requesting songs that were already played and shouting over Brian between songs. His frustration is understandable even if he did overreact.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 5:17 pm

im really struggleing to understand why this is still being debated , all of us who were there that night have said Brian had a crack at this bunch of twats because they were rude , loud and spoiling the show for all of us, yeah the crowd can and always will be loud at a rock gig but this wasnt a rock gig ,im sure Brian or any other band wouldnt want it any other way, but this was an acoustic set which was being ship wrecked by a bunch of drunken twats , as it was we all lost out in that the set list was shortened.
At the end of the day you show the artist a bit of respect and listen to the quiet songs and when he is trying to explain the songs , Its called manners, something that clearly they didnt have. Brian aint the first either ,I heard Bruce tell someone to shut the fk up at one of his solo shows....so nothing new here folks. Some of the treatment Dan Andriano got during some of his sets was dreadfull and just ignorent.
What Brian would have said in 2007 isnt relevent because this wasnt a rocky Gaslight show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 5:25 pm

brucesboots wrote:
im really struggleing to understand why this is still being debated
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 5:30 pm

brucesboots wrote:

I didn't understand why it was sad that we're not jumping all over Brian, so I was trying to say why we were not.

I re-read the thread from the show. The reports were that these audience members were being disrespectful during the concert, then went out of their way to give Brian a hard time after the show, THEN wrote a blog about him where they pretty much made themselves look even worse.

Self centered drunks = annoying

Brian = pushed over the edge

The end.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 5:37 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
brucesboots wrote:

I didn't understand why it was sad that we're not jumping all over Brian, so I was trying to say why we were not.

I re-read the thread from the show. The reports were that these audience members were being disrespectful during the concert, then went out of their way to give Brian a hard time after the show, THEN wrote a blog about him where they pretty much made themselves look even worse.

Self centered drunks = annoying

Brian = pushed over the edge

The end.

well said.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 5:39 pm

Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 3 16
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 5:49 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 3 16

cheers
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 3:19 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3