DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official ladykiller video

Go down 
+12
Bea
Holland
HorribleCrowe
Shrewsbury_Stars
TroubleHunter
The Angry Johnny Revue
Harbortown
TGAFAN25
JimmyB
IrishNameAndAnInjury
steph
Debonair
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Official ladykiller video  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official ladykiller video    Official ladykiller video  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:17 pm

Bea wrote:
what's up with that kid on the bike with the hoodie? i expected him to start flying like Elliott...

Haha, "E.T., phone home!"

That shot coincided with the lines Let it pour over my head, all your shame and your history, right? I figured the kid pulling the hood over his head was supposed to symbolize him protecting himself from what was going on. But I could be reading WAY too much into this. I tend to do that. Razz
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Official ladykiller video    Official ladykiller video  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:50 pm

https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t3894-official-ladykiller-video-coming-soon?highlight=ladykiller

Nice find, but just a reminder you need to use the search function before creating topics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official ladykiller video    Official ladykiller video  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:55 pm

Yeah, not the best video ever, but it's still cool to have! I'm sure they didn't focus too much on this video, since they're obviously focusing on the new Gaslight record, so it's really not surprising that the video turned out the way it did.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Official ladykiller video    Official ladykiller video  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:59 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Shrewbury, you didn't like the Behold the Hurricane video?! Shocked Why not? I thought it was pretty amazing.

I thought it was an interesting short film but not a good video for the song. Why?

The footage feels like it was shot without any connection to the Horrible Crowes and that the band/S1D later decided to to use it for Behold the Hurricane. So I guess my issue is that the video does not feel like it was made as part of an organic process that was actually inspired by the song. It strikes me more as halves of two different sandwiches that were put together.

Putting that issue aside, I also don't think the story told on film fits very well with the lyrics of the song, which is about losing a lover and then living in an empty house without them. To me, the video tells the story of a man who has lost his wife and daughter and then becomes homeless and, apparently, mentally ill. I know you could say that both the video and the song are generally about loss but that's a bit too broad for me. By that token, this could also be a video for a song like Darkness on the Edge of Town because it's also about a guy who's lost a lot and becomes disconnected.

Not trying to knock anyone who enjoys the video, these are just my two cents.

Last edited by Shrewsbury_Stars on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Official ladykiller video    Official ladykiller video  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:08 pm

Holland wrote:
i want to see!! oh the frustration.

http://www.tunnelbear.com/
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Official ladykiller video    Official ladykiller video  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:25 pm

plugga wrote:
Holland wrote:

Hmm they are failing to send me a confirmation email.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Official ladykiller video    Official ladykiller video  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:28 pm

Holland wrote:
plugga wrote:
Holland wrote:

i don't remember how much it took for mine to arrive, anyways if it doesn't ork you can use my account!

as for the video, it's not bad but I would have loved some more live footage hmmmm
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Official ladykiller video    Official ladykiller video  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:31 pm

plugga wrote:
Holland wrote:
plugga wrote:
Holland wrote:

i don't remember how much it took for mine to arrive, anyways if it doesn't ork you can use my account!

as for the video, it's not bad but I would have loved some more live footage hmmmm

well thanks Smile but i think i will just wait it out until a UK link comes about.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Official ladykiller video    Official ladykiller video  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:43 pm

Actually i got the email how do you use it?
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Official ladykiller video    Official ladykiller video  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:46 pm

Holland wrote:
Actually i got the email how do you use it?

download the app and then use the username and password you chose! it's pretty easy from there!
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Official ladykiller video    Official ladykiller video  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:56 pm

working now, you are the saviour of the internet!!
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Official ladykiller video    Official ladykiller video  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:59 pm

Holland wrote:
working now, you are the saviour of the internet!!

that's a nice way to say I'm a geek pig
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Official ladykiller video    Official ladykiller video  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 6:19 pm

this is dumb, it's an American-Anglo band, and I can't watch the video in the UK Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Official ladykiller video    Official ladykiller video  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:08 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Shrewbury, you didn't like the Behold the Hurricane video?! Shocked Why not? I thought it was pretty amazing.

I thought it was an interesting short film but not a good video for the song. Why?

The footage feels like it was shot without any connection to the Horrible Crowes and that the band/S1D later decided to to use it for Behold the Hurricane. So I guess my issue is that the video does not feel like it was made as part of an organic process that was actually inspired by the song. It strikes me more as halves of two different sandwiches that were put together.

Putting that issue aside, I also don't think the story told on film fits very well with the lyrics of the song, which is about losing a lover and then living in an empty house without them. To me, the video tells the story of a man who has lost his wife and daughter and then becomes homeless and, apparently, mentally ill. I know you could say that both the video and the song are generally about loss but that's a bit too broad for me. By that token, this could also be a video for a song like Darkness on the Edge of Town because it's also about a guy who's lost a lot and becomes disconnected.

So to symbolize the lyrics properly, the guy has to literally sit in his house and mope around like some Pennsylvanian?

I know that I've had times of heartbreak when all I could do was just walk around aimlessly.

Suddenly I realized that you were gone
I've felt that exact feeling, I've lived this song almost word by word and the video portrays it pretty god damn well. It's not necessarily becoming mentally ill, it's feeling that you're losing your mind. It's not becoming homeless, it's losing direction and a sense of belonging. It's metaphoric.

By your logic, The '59 Sound is a bad video because it's not about a guy getting killed in a car crash.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Official ladykiller video    Official ladykiller video  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:32 pm

Harbortown wrote:
So to symbolize the lyrics properly, the guy has to literally sit in his house and mope around like some Pennsylvanian?

Yes.

Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Official ladykiller video    Official ladykiller video  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:34 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Yes.

You're silly.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Official ladykiller video    Official ladykiller video  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:42 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Yes.

You're silly.

I also don't follow male fashion trends. So, double-whammy.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Official ladykiller video    Official ladykiller video  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:49 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Yes.

You're silly.

I also don't follow male fashion trends. So, double-whammy.
I know. I'VE SEEN YOUR JEANS.
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: Official ladykiller video    Official ladykiller video  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:07 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

nice touch
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Official ladykiller video    Official ladykiller video  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 12:47 am

Thanks brah.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Official ladykiller video    Official ladykiller video  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 1:24 am

By the way, I just uploaded the video footage from Ladykiller on Youtube. The quality isn't that great but it's what I can do!

https://youtu.be/ytkz9N5LMPA
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: Official ladykiller video    Official ladykiller video  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:13 am

Good job John!
Used screenflow?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Official ladykiller video    Official ladykiller video  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:18 pm

I know some people were having trouble viewing it, so if you havent gotten the chance to see it, SideOneDummy uploaded it to YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tikvh6AmVcw&feature=youtu.be&a
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: Official ladykiller video    Official ladykiller video  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 2:27 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Tikvh6AmVcw
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Official ladykiller video    Official ladykiller video  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 5:03 pm

Its an ok video but Im not sure theres a lot of point to it. Other than the concert parts its just random scenes with no real story to them... is it just me or have a few of you thought this?
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official ladykiller video    Official ladykiller video  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official ladykiller video
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2