DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Torrent Videos

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

Torrent Videos Empty
PostSubject: Torrent Videos   Torrent Videos Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:07 am

I'm just looking for a bit of help really.

Im sure many of you have downloaded torrent videos of the various festival performances that are available. I know some of you use DIME.

When the video is downloaded it comes in several parts each named something like VTS_01_0.VOB etc. Im wondering have any of you put these shows on DVDs and how did you go about joining or merging each of the different parts together so that they fit together as on film?

The menu pages also tend to come with the torrent. What DVD writing program is best to use to put these together and how does it all come together to function like a proper DVD with working chaper menus etc?

Maybe the answers are obvious but Ive only downloaded torrents this past year and havent attempted to make any dvds out of them yet, but Id like to.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Cheers guys
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

Torrent Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrent Videos   Torrent Videos Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 12:44 pm

If you download a video torrent it will go straight to disc, all you do is open up the TS file in a prog like nero, add the files and burn....always better to burn at a slow speed.The chapters menus etc should already be there in your download, you only have to do that when making a video , ie from youtube downloads etc torrents should be complete.
Also check the length of the show, for longer shows (like Bruce) you need dual layer discs.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

Torrent Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrent Videos   Torrent Videos Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 1:14 pm

Thanks for the tips. I havent got nero or roxio or anything so might have to look into getting one. These DVD creating programs on the Mac just seem to have me going round in circles, bit too technical if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

Torrent Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrent Videos   Torrent Videos Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 1:59 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
Thanks for the tips. I havent got nero or roxio or anything so might have to look into getting one. These DVD creating programs on the Mac just seem to have me going round in circles, bit too technical if you ask me.

see if you can pick up an older version of nero on ebay cheap, maybe something like Ver 5, depending on what microsoft version you are running the older versions of nero work just aswell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Torrent Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torrent Videos   Torrent Videos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Torrent Videos
Page 1 of 1