DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3x3 album wall

Go down 
+9
NYYFAN523
ozfacter
DeathoftheCool
The Angry Johnny Revue
nebraska
Camus
plugga
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Harbortown
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

3x3 album wall - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3x3 album wall   3x3 album wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:31 pm

The Monitor is a brilliant choice! One of the best albums from 2010
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 album wall   3x3 album wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:33 pm

American Idiot is a truly fantastic album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 album wall   3x3 album wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:34 pm

Titus Andronicus, lovely! Also, The Suburbs? Hell yeah.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 album wall   3x3 album wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:35 pm

Harbortown wrote:
American Idiot is a truly fantastic album.

yessss
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 album wall   3x3 album wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Yeah American Idiot has been a favorite of mine since I was just a lad... Ive just gotten in to Titus Andronicus recently though, the Monitor is incredible
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 album wall   3x3 album wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:39 pm

In the Aeroplane Over the Sea, too. Love that album.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 album wall   3x3 album wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:41 pm

NMH, holla. Love it so much. I think Two Headed Boy Pt 2 is my favorite
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 album wall   3x3 album wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 9:56 pm

Camus wrote:
You went for You Gotta Go There To Come Back as favourite 'Phonics album?

That's a brave choice! I see it as their second weakest album ahead of Pull the Pin

Upon reflection it is safe to say that Stereophonics just may be the band I've liked for the most amount of time, and yet know the least about. I was 7 years old when I heard Dakota for the first time, as it was receiving a huge amount of airplay in New Zealand, I kept hearing it everywhere and referred to it as the "Made Me Feel Like The One Song," and this was the first song I'd ever loved. A year later when I finally discovered music and was getting the likes of Red Hot Chili Peppers and Nirvana, I kind of forgot about Dakota. Then when I was about 10 I remembered the lyrics to that song I used to like when I was 7 but couldn't for the life of me remember the name. I eventually found it, and dived a bit deeper and started listening to the other singles. The ones I liked the most such as Maybe Tomorrow, Madame Helga, and Movie Star were all off of Gotta Go There To Come Back.

So I went on a couple of more years listening to all the singles and then one day I was on Spotify going back and listening to all the music I used to like. Most of it was diabolical, talentless pop-punk which I dare not repeat on here, but one of the songs was Maybe Tomorrow, and then I noticed all the other songs I liked where on the same album. Listened to the whole thing and just thought as a whole the album was phenominal. I'm a huge Garage Rock/Modern Day Blues Rock fan and so tracks like Jealousy, Help Me (She's Out Of Her Mind), High As The Ceiling just made me think **** The Black Keys, this is where it's at. I also love the moody, acoustic songs that make up the other half of the album such as Maybe Tomorrow (which I already knew), and I'm Alright. Every song on that album is either a hard out rock tune or a heartbreak tune that makes you do some deep thinking. And that's what makes it so brilliant is how well the two blend together.

I'll be honest in saying that You Gotta Go There To Come Back is the only Stereophonics album I know that well. I've listened to Language, Sex, Violence, Other? and Just Enough Education To Perform enough to know that I like them. And I can name a few tracks from the first two albums, but the only thing I know about Pull the Pin is that a B-Side to Pass The Buck (one of the singles from that album) is the most phenomenal cover of Rolling Stones' Gimme Shelter you will ever hear, that just shows how much Kelly Jones is the greatest vocalist in modern rock music. Even better than Brian Fallon in my opinion.

stepsandnumbers wrote:

Saw TA live last month opening for The Hold Steady. Was almost as bad as seeing a DJ Set, and I even like well now lik-ed a few of their tracks before I saw them live.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 album wall   3x3 album wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:04 pm

The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:

Saw TA live last month opening for The Hold Steady. Was almost as bad as seeing a DJ Set, and I even like well now lik-ed a few of their tracks before I saw them live.

Really? I saw them open for Bright Eyes last year and they were great.
Back to top Go down
ozfacter
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 album wall   3x3 album wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:48 pm

left out gaslight since theyre an obvious pick. it was extremely hard to narrow it down to these 9. half these would be swapped out tomorrow....

[img]3x3 album wall - Page 2 Mosaic12[/img]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 album wall   3x3 album wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:50 pm

Goddamnit is awesome, as well as most of Alkaline Trio's work!
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 album wall   3x3 album wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 2:11 am

do you guys prefer resolutions or the loved ones stuff?
Back to top Go down
ozfacter
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 album wall   3x3 album wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 3:39 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:

the loved ones, without a doubt. i love hauses solo work, but the band is first.
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 album wall   3x3 album wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:25 am

3x3 album wall - Page 2 Mosaic12

Honorable mention: All of Tegan and Sara's Albums
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 album wall   3x3 album wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:48 am

Pinkerton is so badass, by far my favorite Weezer album. And Sam's Town is the one no one talks about, but thats really a great album too. good stuff, good stuff
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 album wall   3x3 album wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 1:01 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
Pinkerton is so badass, by far my favorite Weezer album. And Sam's Town is the one no one talks about, but thats really a great album too. good stuff, good stuff

I strongly believe Pinkerton is the greatest album of the 90's.

=w=
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 album wall   3x3 album wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 3:21 pm

ozfacter wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:

the loved ones, without a doubt. i love hauses solo work, but the band is first.

Hause doesn't have the capabilities for a stable solo album in my opinion
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 album wall   3x3 album wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:11 pm

NYYFAN523 wrote:

You're my new best friend.
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 album wall   3x3 album wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:15 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
NYYFAN523 wrote:

My girlfriend got me into them a while back. They are so talented.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 album wall   3x3 album wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:18 pm

3x3 album wall - Page 2 Mosaicce7d191d6f39dfa3401f7cbff24bc3e92dee2004
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 album wall   3x3 album wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:19 pm

Darkness on the edge of town, nice.

Speaking of Elsie, I just found out that my great grandmother was named Elsie. I might just pass that name on to a daughter if I ever have one, it's a pretty name.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 album wall   3x3 album wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:13 pm

NYYFAN523 wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
NYYFAN523 wrote:

My girlfriend got me into them a while back. They are so talented.

They are! I always try to tell people about them, but very few people give them a chance. Some of their songs are just heartwrenching.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 album wall   3x3 album wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:05 pm

The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:
Camus wrote:
You went for You Gotta Go There To Come Back as favourite 'Phonics album?

That's a brave choice! I see it as their second weakest album ahead of Pull the Pin

Upon reflection it is safe to say that Stereophonics just may be the band I've liked for the most amount of time, and yet know the least about. I was 7 years old when I heard Dakota for the first time, as it was receiving a huge amount of airplay in New Zealand, I kept hearing it everywhere and referred to it as the "Made Me Feel Like The One Song," and this was the first song I'd ever loved. A year later when I finally discovered music and was getting the likes of Red Hot Chili Peppers and Nirvana, I kind of forgot about Dakota. Then when I was about 10 I remembered the lyrics to that song I used to like when I was 7 but couldn't for the life of me remember the name. I eventually found it, and dived a bit deeper and started listening to the other singles. The ones I liked the most such as Maybe Tomorrow, Madame Helga, and Movie Star were all off of Gotta Go There To Come Back.

So I went on a couple of more years listening to all the singles and then one day I was on Spotify going back and listening to all the music I used to like. Most of it was diabolical, talentless pop-punk which I dare not repeat on here, but one of the songs was Maybe Tomorrow, and then I noticed all the other songs I liked where on the same album. Listened to the whole thing and just thought as a whole the album was phenominal. I'm a huge Garage Rock/Modern Day Blues Rock fan and so tracks like Jealousy, Help Me (She's Out Of Her Mind), High As The Ceiling just made me think **** The Black Keys, this is where it's at. I also love the moody, acoustic songs that make up the other half of the album such as Maybe Tomorrow (which I already knew), and I'm Alright. Every song on that album is either a hard out rock tune or a heartbreak tune that makes you do some deep thinking. And that's what makes it so brilliant is how well the two blend together.

I'll be honest in saying that You Gotta Go There To Come Back is the only Stereophonics album I know that well. I've listened to Language, Sex, Violence, Other? and Just Enough Education To Perform enough to know that I like them. And I can name a few tracks from the first two albums, but the only thing I know about Pull the Pin is that a B-Side to Pass The Buck (one of the singles from that album) is the most phenomenal cover of Rolling Stones' Gimme Shelter you will ever hear, that just shows how much Kelly Jones is the greatest vocalist in modern rock music. Even better than Brian Fallon in my opinion.

stepsandnumbers wrote:

I can respect that. Just make sure you listen to Word Gets Around properly. It's fantastic.
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 album wall   3x3 album wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:17 pm

Camus wrote:

I can respect that. Just make sure you listen to Word Gets Around properly. It's fantastic.

I'm onto it now. I recognize the opening 5 tracks, but most of the album is new to me.
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 album wall   3x3 album wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:47 pm

3x3 album wall - Page 2 Mosaic0af99b5deac52551c318eb91d3cb2e3782436d69

Hard choice though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 album wall   3x3 album wall - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3x3 album wall
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next