DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Spam Thread: An analysis.

Go down 
+5
loazis
steph
JimmyB
Debonair
Harbortown
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

The Spam Thread: An analysis. Empty
PostSubject: The Spam Thread: An analysis.   The Spam Thread: An analysis. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:13 pm

I just came back from a long walk.

I ripped my shirt off in the raging storm, wind lashing out against my bare skin as I fell to my knees, sobbing intensely. I thought about the Spam thread, this vast, breathtakingly beautiful domain which I have forged with my hands, carved into Mount Dimestore with the encouraging victory cries of my ancestors coursing through my inner self.

This kingdom of glory, righteousness and splendor by which the gods themselves test their mettle. A beacon of hope, a lighthouse standing tall and proud amidst the shipwrecks of lost souls and broken dreams on the shores of the Old Realm, rotting away in cold misery as refugees seek their way to the place where mead flows freely and meat is plentiful: Harbortown.

The stone halls of this place are imprinted with the marks of aspiring champions in the Great Era of Posting: IrishNameAndAnInjury, Stepandnumbers, Plugga, Debonair, Steph, Oldgospelchoir, Redskynight...Their names forever cemented in the stepping stones of forthcoming civilizations, honored by future kings, heroes, saints and sinners.

Their names echoed in my brain, treason ringing in my ears as if I were a rabid dog. I undertake a great journey, leaving my kingdom be for a day, and it gets soiled with anarchy? My comrades taking great joy in my absence, littering these great banners of my forefathers with words of uprising, rebellion.

Then I realized, face pressed to the cobble stone and rain streaming down my shivering body, that this was not treason. This was not anarchy, uprising or rebellion.
No, it was something more. I arose, chest heaving with excitement as I faced the shrieking winds of Njord, and in my heart I felt the sincerity of these disciples of Spam, my apprentices making pages fly like doves post-gunshot.

I had carried on the spirit of spontaneity that the spam thread entails to these children of chaos.

The Spam thread is self sufficient.
My work is completed.

Well done, Dimestorians. Well done.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: The Spam Thread: An analysis.   The Spam Thread: An analysis. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:22 pm

hahaha man brillient....i just want to say that spam thread will never bee the same with out you.............

.....also how the hell do you post this much everyday man Razz
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: The Spam Thread: An analysis.   The Spam Thread: An analysis. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:59 pm

Just how does Harbor post so much? I think we need a Conspiracy show about it...Does he post himself? Does he have minions to post for him while he is away? Is he even Human?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: The Spam Thread: An analysis.   The Spam Thread: An analysis. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:02 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Just how does Harbor post so much? I think we need a Conspiracy show about it...Does he post himself? Does he have minions to post for him while he is away? Is he even Human?

Once you have posted as much as he has in a day....you will understand
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: The Spam Thread: An analysis.   The Spam Thread: An analysis. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:09 pm

JimmyB wrote:

oh my god yes, like "Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura", even mentioning that show, i hear his ridiculous voice in my head.

Harbortown, i wish i had words to comment on what you wrote, but i think i used up all my words in the spam thread. you're lucky i can still form basic words and not just gibberish.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: The Spam Thread: An analysis.   The Spam Thread: An analysis. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:15 pm

tl;dr
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: The Spam Thread: An analysis.   The Spam Thread: An analysis. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:41 pm

NOW WRITE IT IN THE SNOW
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: The Spam Thread: An analysis.   The Spam Thread: An analysis. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:45 pm

plugga wrote:
NOW WRITE IT IN THE SNOW

SECOND!!!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: The Spam Thread: An analysis.   The Spam Thread: An analysis. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:26 pm

I told you guys. It's GONE.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: The Spam Thread: An analysis.   The Spam Thread: An analysis. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:29 pm

Write it in swedish?
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: The Spam Thread: An analysis.   The Spam Thread: An analysis. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:37 pm

That whole thing? Here, in Swedish?
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: The Spam Thread: An analysis.   The Spam Thread: An analysis. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:41 pm

Just a bit, so i can master your language. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: The Spam Thread: An analysis.   The Spam Thread: An analysis. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:50 pm

Quote :

I ripped my shirt off in the raging storm, wind lashing out against my bare skin as I fell to my knees, sobbing intensely. I thought about the Spam thread, this vast, breathtakingly beautiful domain which I have forged with my hands, carved into Mount Dimestore with the encouraging victory cries of my ancestors coursing through my inner self.

Jag kom precis tillbaka från en lång promenad.

Jag rev av min skjorta i den ilskna stormen, vind piskandes mot min bara hud medan jag föll mot mina knän, gråtandes intensivt. Jag tänkte på Spam-tråden, denna vida, magnifikt vackra domän jag har skapat med mina händer, ristat i Dimestore-berget med de uppmuntrande segerropen av mina förfäder rungandes genom mitt inre.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Harbortown on Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: The Spam Thread: An analysis.   The Spam Thread: An analysis. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:52 pm

John, that might have been the best thing I have ever read! You really should consider a career as a novelist. I am humbled by your words and proud, so proud, to be a disciple of Spam. Wink

But seriously, how do you post so much in one day? My fingers ar practically bleeding from typing so much! I think Jimmy might be on to something. Maybe there is more than one of you. Are you really twins? Triplets? Shocked

Glad to have you back, John. You are the lifeblood of the Spam thread. The rest of us are tired!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: The Spam Thread: An analysis.   The Spam Thread: An analysis. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:53 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Quote :

Jag rev av min skjorta in den ilskna stormen, vind piskandes mot min bara hud medan jag föll mot mina knän, gråtandes intensivt. Jag tänkte på Spam-tråden, denna vida, magnifikt vackra domän jag har skapat med mina händer, ristat i Dimestore-berget med de uppmuntrande segerropen av mina förfäder rungandes genom mitt inre.

Enjoy!

It's pretty! flower
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: The Spam Thread: An analysis.   The Spam Thread: An analysis. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:58 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Quote :

Jag rev av min skjorta in den ilskna stormen, vind piskandes mot min bara hud medan jag föll mot mina knän, gråtandes intensivt. Jag tänkte på Spam-tråden, denna vida, magnifikt vackra domän jag har skapat med mina händer, ristat i Dimestore-berget med de uppmuntrande segerropen av mina förfäder rungandes genom mitt inre.

Enjoy!

AWWWWW IT IS BEAUTIFUL
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: The Spam Thread: An analysis.   The Spam Thread: An analysis. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:03 pm

Honestly though, I don't personally think I'm posting excessively or anything.

And if I do, well, I'm kind of a forum junkie. It's one of my hobbies!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: The Spam Thread: An analysis.   The Spam Thread: An analysis. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:07 pm

Harbortown wrote:

Its not in a bad tone, more of a wow! we wish we could do it as easily. you are truely the king of spam
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: The Spam Thread: An analysis.   The Spam Thread: An analysis. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:14 pm

I imagine harbortown living in that island house from The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Have any cats, harbortown?
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: The Spam Thread: An analysis.   The Spam Thread: An analysis. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:15 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
I imagine harbortown living in that island house from The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Have any cats, harbortown?
I have one! He's fat.

Who are you?
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: The Spam Thread: An analysis.   The Spam Thread: An analysis. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:18 pm

Debonair wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Its not in a bad tone, more of a wow! we wish we could do it as easily. you are truely the king of spam

What Debonair said. We are in awe of you John, and we missed you. That's why we had to have a project to keep us busy. Razz

Keep posting as much as you possibly can! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: The Spam Thread: An analysis.   The Spam Thread: An analysis. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:20 pm

I missed you too. Going to bed at midnight instead of 5 AM hurt. It hurt.

Tomorrow I'll upload pictures of the pretty amazing dinner I made with my friend!
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: The Spam Thread: An analysis.   The Spam Thread: An analysis. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:20 pm

Well the joke was that the cat ends up getting killed in the movie. But hey, it's only a movie right?
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: The Spam Thread: An analysis.   The Spam Thread: An analysis. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:21 pm

Harbortown wrote:
I missed you too. Going to bed at midnight instead of 5 AM hurt. It hurt.

Tomorrow I'll upload pictures of the pretty amazing dinner I made with my friend!

Ooh, what did you have for dinner?
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: The Spam Thread: An analysis.   The Spam Thread: An analysis. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:22 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
Well the joke was that the cat ends up getting killed in the movie. But hey, it's only a movie right?
Ooohh. It's been ages since I saw that, I forgot!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Spam Thread: An analysis.   The Spam Thread: An analysis. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Spam Thread: An analysis.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next