DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start?

Go down 
+9
Keeb631
brucesboots
Shrewsbury_Stars
built2last25
oh_megan
steady now steady now
Debonair
HorribleCrowe
ASlang59
13 posters
AuthorMessage
ASlang59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start? Empty
PostSubject: I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start?   I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 4:00 pm

I currently only own The '59 Sound LP (Black), Tumbling Dice 7" (white), American Slang LP (Black), Elsie LP (Blood Red), and I just pre-ordered the Ladykiller 7". I want to expand my collection and get a lot more stuff. Where should I begin looking to complete my collection? Also, if I want to have a fully complete collection, how much money do you think I should set aside?
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start?   I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 4:02 pm

The amount of money you want to spend is too yourself and depending on which types of vinyl colours etc. you want.

Looking around on Ebay is one way but there are alot of other ways!
Back to top Go down
ASlang59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start?   I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 4:18 pm

HorribleCrowe wrote:
The amount of money you want to spend is too yourself and depending on which types of vinyl colours etc. you want.

I'm pretty much up for spending whatever to make a complete collection. Haha, I hate to be selfish but I want every vinyl I can get my hands on! Of course, I do want to find things for as cheap as possible. I looked around on Ebay and found some interesting stuff (the live at park 10", a gold '59 Sound 7", amongst others) but some of the prices were incredibly steep. I really want the Behold The Hurricane 7" but it's listed at Buy It Now for $100 Sad Any other places you know of?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start?   I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 4:22 pm

ASlang59 wrote:
HorribleCrowe wrote:

I'm pretty much up for spending whatever to make a complete collection. Haha, I hate to be selfish but I want every vinyl I can get my hands on! Of course, I do want to find things for as cheap as possible. I looked around on Ebay and found some interesting stuff (the live at park 10", a gold '59 Sound 7", amongst others) but some of the prices were incredibly steep. I really want the Behold The Hurricane 7" but it's listed at Buy It Now for $100 Sad Any other places you know of?

Most people won't go for a complete gaslight collection anymore just because of price alone. If that 100 dollars scares you, I think an original sink or swim went for close to 600. My advice if you want to find some cool gaslight vinyls and get them, OK. But heading for a complete collection would be really hard, and a lot of money
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start?   I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 4:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start?   I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 4:25 pm

http://gaslightanthem.org/vinyl.htm

The guy who runs this, is apart of this forum, he works hard to keep track of everything gaslight on his site. This it probably the most complete list you'll find.
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start?   I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 4:35 pm

A full collection is probably unable to reach, there are only 15 cassettes of the coffeehouse sessions, which I believe people truly keep covered in their basement!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start?   I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 5:59 pm

HorribleCrowe wrote:
A full collection is probably unable to reach, there are only 15 cassettes of the coffeehouse sessions, which I believe people truly keep covered in their basement!

and I know of only two copies of the Sink or Swim Demos CD-R, so those are probably in Swiss bank vaults Very Happy

Last edited by steady now steady now on Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
ASlang59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start?   I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:31 am

steady now steady now wrote:
HorribleCrowe wrote:

and I know of only two copies of the Sink or Swim Demos CD-R, so those are probably in Swiss bank vaults Very Happy

Were those CD-R demos they sold at their very first shows?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start?   I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 6:53 am

ASlang59 wrote:
steady now steady now wrote:
HorribleCrowe wrote:

Were those CD-R demos they sold at their very first shows?

yes, they were (I've corrected my post to add the 'Demos' bit, basically the three demos that later appeared on vinyl)

I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start? SOSdemos06
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
oh_megan
A Contender
A Contender
oh_megan

PostSubject: Re: I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start?   I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 10:01 am

I've spent 100's of pounds on my gaslight collection so far, owning a hell of a lot of vinyl ect but i'm still nowhere near the complete collection and probably will never get to it as alot of it is just so rare as other people have said.
if you want demo's eBay is your best bet, and the $100 for the behold the hurricane 7" i would say is pretty cheap. it was part of a preorder that all together cost $100 but there are only 300 printed and alot of them are owned by die hard gaslight fans like myself, who probably wont be selling theres anytime soon!
Back to top Go down
http://ohmeganfallon.tumblr.com
built2last25
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
built2last25

PostSubject: Re: I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start?   I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 8:30 pm

As someone who basically has a complete gaslight anthem vinyl collection I would say save your money or use it to buy more albums from other bands. I had fun collecting but sort of wish i didnt spend as much on it as i did and i was doing it before prices really skyrocketed. having 15 different pressings of SOS is sort of pointless
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start?   I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 10:47 pm

built2last25 wrote:
having 15 different pressings of SOS is sort of pointless

I'm with you there. It also seems unlikely that new colors of SoS are going to stop anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start?   I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 10:48 pm

HorribleCrowe wrote:

Not if you only collect vinyl.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start?   I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 2:58 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
HorribleCrowe wrote:

Not if you only collect vinyl.

Im not sure the senor white 7" is poss these days, so even a complete vinyl collection is almost out of the question and thats without the test pressings.
As for the demo cd-r and coffee house cassette there are so few that are known of , I wonder how many copies of the cd-r were binned back then , or not looked after....and dont want to put a dampener on them but cd-r and cassettes dont age well so I cant see them turning up .
Dont want to put you off but I spent hundreds on my collection and more than likely have one of the most complete collections around , I have had great fun doing it , but be warned my bank manager must hate me (let alone the wife). I keep saying I will draw a close to trying to get everything with the end of the indie years , but im more than likely kidding myself. Have fun what ever you decide to do.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start?   I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:52 pm

Senor (white) is definitely out there. It just takes patience. There hasn't been one on E-bay since the SoS black explosion in price. Once a similar explosion happens with the next Senor (white), I think they'll pop up with more frequency. SoS black is just as rare and many have come up on E-bay over the last year or so.

I also don't consider test pressings necessary for a "complete" vinyl collection since they're not part of an official release. Personally, I find the notion of paying a lot of money for a test pressing a bit baffling (again, just my personal opinion). I view it sort of like paying a premium for an unbound, unillustrated copy of a book that the publisher printed for proofreading. I'd prefer to have the official first edition that's been bound and has cover art and a dust jacket. If you collect all of the editions of that book, I certainly don't think you'd need the "proofreading" copy for a "complete" collection.

As to the question in the original post, I think your best bet is to post on vinyl collective for Gaslight vinyl. That's usually the most economical option (particulary for the stuff that's not super rare).
Back to top Go down
Keeb631
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Keeb631

PostSubject: Re: I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start?   I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:03 pm

I've never listening to TGA or HC on vinyl. I bet its raw and hauntingly beautiful.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ItsCoreyBrah
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start?   I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 4:43 pm

I'll sell you every Gaslight item I have for $2,000. PM me if you are interested.
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start?   I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 6:55 pm

PFREEZY wrote:
I'll sell you every Gaslight item I have for $2,000. PM me if you are interested.

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start?   I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 7:27 pm

On a serious note. Its up to you but I wouldnt go overboard. I would get one of all the main pieces and invest money in discovering new artists. Unless you have millions in the bank. As people have said a complete collection is impossible and with prices as they are its getting worse for those trying to buy them. You won't be any less of a fan for not buying every possible release.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start?   I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 7:29 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
PFREEZY wrote:

lol!

lol!

Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start?   I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:09 pm

What's so funny? If he has a complete collection will all the rare vinyl...he's not that far off! I added up all my stuff which includes the LPs, 7"s, CDs and a bunch of promos... and I paid around $1300. I'm missing the white SATQ 7" though. Prob started my collection before most people on this board so I didn't pay top dollar for most of the stuff. Did pay like $140 for SOS Black/100 and $75 for the SOS Demos Blue Splatter/104 . But bought most of the LPs and 7"s at cost. The euro pressings have been expensive..cost between $25 to $35 to get each one. That's why I think I'm done with Gunner. It's not worth it. He's gonna keep pressing them and you'll never get your money back outta them.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start?   I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:14 pm

I think its more of a person actually going to spend that kind of money all at once. He most likely would be better off selling in parts then all together.

Also if you really want to get down to it, he doesn't have a complete collection- don't get me wrong there are some nice ones, but its not complete.

http://www.deadformat.net/tradelist/PFREEZY
Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start?   I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:31 pm

Didn't mean to come off like a dick. And I understand most people wouldn't drop that much money at one time on a TGA collection. But if he has a complete collection, that would be a fair asking price for it. Not only do you have to pay for the record. But alot of them were a pain to get as well. People who tried to get SOS demos 3 pack, 59 Sound LP on White from VC and/or the Blue LP from Side One...know what I'm talking about. Just cause you were on the computer at the exact time they went live...didn't mean you necessarily got one. They sold out that fast!! Kinda nerve racking and annoying! So alot of time was spend searching all these down too!
Back to top Go down
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start?   I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:35 pm

white and blue '59 weren't that hard to get. Green, however took me the longest to find. But, I could of just gotten lucky.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start?   I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm just starting my TGA/Fallon collection. Where do I even start?
Page 1 of 1