DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium

Go down 
+5
A_Regular
joecocaine
dandangoose
Stalls_Standing
e7c
9 posters
AuthorMessage
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium Empty
PostSubject: The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium   The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:16 pm

The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium was just released, I think this is a great opportunity to get some TGA noted. I do not think is that you need to write a review, but take a look at mine on iTunes and hit the button for "This Review was helpful" if you agree with it.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium   The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:32 pm

Link me Scott!
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium   The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:38 pm

not knowing how to search iTunes... that is proof that somebody doesn't pay for his music!

then again posting a review on iTunes is proof that I am a sucker and pay for music.

give it an hour or two, as my review has still not been posted.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium   The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 6:07 pm

e6c wrote:
not knowing how to search iTunes... that is proof that somebody doesn't pay for his music!

then again posting a review on iTunes is proof that I am a sucker and pay for music.

Have you seen my vinyl collection!
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium   The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 3:14 am

Stalls_Standing wrote:
e6c wrote:

Have you seen my vinyl collection!

..and with that, you have won this argument.
Back to top Go down
dandangoose
A Contender
A Contender
dandangoose

PostSubject: Re: The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium   The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 8:14 pm

what i hate about itunes is not getting a physical copy with case and artwork.

but ive bought stuff on it before.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/therotpunx
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium   The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 6:57 am

I agree, not only do I support independent music, I also love indy stores; however, there are places that are very punk friendly and have lots of indy stores (DC, Florida, California, Boston and NYC) and then there are places that are not, and do not have any indy stores (everywhere else)

Since I live in Everywhere Else, I really rely on iTunes for most of my music
Back to top Go down
dandangoose
A Contender
A Contender
dandangoose

PostSubject: Re: The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium   The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 12:33 pm

yeah, which is understandable.

i live in one of those 'everywhere else' places.
which is why i always resort to ordering stuff off the internet.

its shitty waiting for stuff to come in though.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/therotpunx
joecocaine
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
joecocaine

PostSubject: Re: The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium   The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 5:04 pm

This album is amazing. I have been listening to this for the past week non stop.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium   The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 6:54 pm

it just amazes me that someone had the foresight to think... I'm gonna record this, but I am going to wait 20 years before I release it.

Damn the man.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium   The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:33 pm

I only have the picture disc 7". Kicks so much ass though.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium   The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 7:26 pm

I found the review and gave it a "yes" on helpfullness. This album was disappointing though. There's so much better stuff recorded with Topper that Sony is just keeping in the vaults...
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium   The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 7:12 am

it's awesome

i love the song 'police on my back' and it sounds even better with a screaming crowd getting drenched in rain in the background
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium   The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 8:57 am

andy.mac wrote:
it's awesome

i love the song 'police on my back' and it sounds even better with a screaming crowd getting drenched in rain in the background

Do you know of Willie Nile? He's made a cover of Police on My Back, if you like gaslight you might like him too.(he's not punk at all though)
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium   The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 9:41 am

Nope, I've never heard of him, I'll check him out. Thanks for the recommendation.

To be honest, these days there's probably only 6-7 bands that I listen to on a regular basis that you'd call punk. Everything else is pretty much blues and soul.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium   The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:23 am

Police On My Back is definitely the highlight from Shea...listen to From Here To Eternity if you haven't...there's some electric live cuts on that.
Back to top Go down
WWD4D?
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
WWD4D?

PostSubject: Re: The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium   The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 7:28 am

The best bit from this album is Mag 7/Armagideon Time/Mag 7 Return. It's amazing.
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium   The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:41 am

WWD4D? wrote:
The best bit from this album is Mag 7/Armagideon Time/Mag 7 Return. It's amazing.

Never a truer word spoken, sir.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium   The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Clash: Live at Shea Stadium
Page 1 of 1