1. I Am The Avalanche Avalanche United - The best guys, great songs, amazing live show. The end.
2. Adele 21 - If you don’t like this you have no soul. Plus anyone that can sell 45 gazillion records without even standing up gets my vote.
3. Chuck Ragan Covering Ground - This record will always remind me of a great time in my life. Such a great guy who always puts a smile on my face, thank god his songwriting skills outshine his sandwich making skills.
4. Dave Hause Resolutions - I’m putting Dave here for the same reasons as above except (1) he’s never made me a sandwich and (2) he’ll cry if I don’t mention him.
5. Wilco The Whole Love - This makes me never want to pick up a guitar again, how do people even get that good?
6. Mastodon The Hunter - Even my Mum likes this.
7. James Blake S/T - Not the kind of album you can put on all day but when the time is right there is nothing better than this.. that was released in the last 12 months.
8. Bon Iver S/T - I must admit I didn’t love this the first time I heard it. My mind was completely changed though after seeing them at Hammersmith Apollo, what a show!
9. PJ Harvey Let England Shake - She could do a Skrillex covers album and id still love it.
10. Thrice Major/Minor - About 500 people told me id love this before I heard it. It didn’t let me down!
11. Foo Fighters Wasting Light - This is what me and my good friend Danny Donuts listen to when we are on tour. If we have to make any small vibe adjustments to the hotel room, this goes on and we get to work.
12. Feist Metals - Sometimes I think about giving up working and just going to where Feist might hang out. Just on the chance she might be there. Not in a stalker kind of way. Just in the way that we might be friends and potentially get married kind of way.
13. Alex From SideOneDummy’s hip hop collection (hopefully) Part 1 - I love it when people make me mix’s of music that they think I will like. Nobody has ever sent me one after designing full artwork and packaging, until now. This however made me look like a complete fool driving through the ‘shire pretending I can rap.
14. Metronomy The English Riviera - I wanted to hate this but I can’t. These songs get stuck in my head for days.
15. The Horrors Skying - I love to see bands push themselves to the next level, The Horrors did for sure.
16. JLS Jukebox - One of my favourite people on the planet is my 5 year old nephew Jam Master Jake The Snake Wilson. When we’re not air drumming to his other favourite band Parkway Drive, you can find us singing along to JLS.
17. Raphael Saadiq Stone Rolling - I wish I had played on this!!
18. The Decemberists The King Is Dead - When thinking of a guitar part I often find myself thinking “what would Chris Funk do?”
19. Jay Z/Kanye West Watch The Throne - Has Jay Z ever done anything bad?
20. Jessie J Who You Are - I’m a sucker for good pop songs and this is full of them.
Also the lists of the S1D people are pretty great! Check all the lists out here:http://sideonedummyrecords.tumblr.com/tagged/horrible-crowes