DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brians Interview with GQ in German

Go down 
+5
plugga
Harbortown
luckysparks
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Jerseyrain
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

Brians Interview with GQ in German Empty
PostSubject: Brians Interview with GQ in German   Brians Interview with GQ in German Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 1:01 pm

http://www.gq-magazin.de/articles/leute/manner/brian-fallon/2011/11/11/30540/

If you search Brian Fallon GQ it should be the second option and next to it you can choose the translate page option to read the interview. Try this link but it might not work.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.gq-magazin.de/articles/leute/manner/brian-fallon/2011/11/11/30540/&ei=LUa9TtirNofj8QP8nY2-BA&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CCsQ7gEwAQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dbrian%2Bfallon%2Bin%2Bgq%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Dactive%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DhrZ%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26channel%3Dnp%26prmd%3Dimvnso
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Brians Interview with GQ in German   Brians Interview with GQ in German Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:03 pm

Do you think this is in the actual magazine? If so I'm so buying a copy!
Back to top Go down
luckysparks
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
luckysparks

PostSubject: Re: Brians Interview with GQ in German   Brians Interview with GQ in German Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:26 pm

Reading google translated articles is always hilarious xD Thanks for the link! Didn't know Brian had that side to him.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Brians Interview with GQ in German   Brians Interview with GQ in German Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 3:44 pm

>Brian Fallon
>"Fashion is something magic"

Brians Interview with GQ in German UTgAf

I did see quite some fashion blasphemy at the Horrible Crowes concert though. Brian, that silly man, wore Vans with his suit. And his tie (blue) totally clashed with his hat (red).
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Brians Interview with GQ in German   Brians Interview with GQ in German Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 4:59 pm

lol maybe it's not magic the right word.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Brians Interview with GQ in German   Brians Interview with GQ in German Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:21 pm

I asked a German guy and apparently that's what Brian said.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Brians Interview with GQ in German   Brians Interview with GQ in German Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:23 pm

Harbortown wrote:

Brians Interview with GQ in German Tumblr_luieafoHj41qzlys0
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Brians Interview with GQ in German   Brians Interview with GQ in German Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:27 pm

That was hilarious! Translations are so funny.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Brians Interview with GQ in German   Brians Interview with GQ in German Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:27 pm

I loved that "poster boy of punk rock" hahaha also that d&g reference, I swear to god they are the tackiest fashion designers EVER.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brians Interview with GQ in German   Brians Interview with GQ in German Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 6:51 pm

PS It's NSFW unless your boss is totally cool with naked boobs on your monitor. Which, he/she might be. But just saying. Wink

This translation is making me LOL big time. "And Mom, I thank thee"- New Jersey Shakespearean English. "I think the women there are really such a dress code." All Gaslight fans have to dress like a woman now.

Last edited by NeverTrustAJunkie on Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Brians Interview with GQ in German   Brians Interview with GQ in German Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 7:11 pm

wait... Brian is talking fashion now?

Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Brians Interview with GQ in German   Brians Interview with GQ in German Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 10:50 pm

Bea wrote:
wait... Brian is talking fashion now?

Triple dots?

I will hunt you down.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Brians Interview with GQ in German   Brians Interview with GQ in German Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 8:18 am

Brians Interview with GQ in German Lucielleclosedoor
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Brians Interview with GQ in German   Brians Interview with GQ in German Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 9:03 am

plugga wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Brians Interview with GQ in German Tumblr_luieafoHj41qzlys0

i'm not bothering to read the actual interview, my takeaway is this cat face...
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Brians Interview with GQ in German   Brians Interview with GQ in German Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 9:04 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
PS It's NSFW unless your boss is totally cool with naked boobs on your monitor. Which, he/she might be. But just saying. Wink

This translation is making me LOL big time. "And Mom, I thank thee"- New Jersey Shakespearean English. "I think the women there are really such a dress code." All Gaslight fans have to dress like a woman now.

a woman by what definitions?
Back to top Go down
luckysparks
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
luckysparks

PostSubject: Re: Brians Interview with GQ in German   Brians Interview with GQ in German Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 9:10 am

That whole paragraph had me making this face, scratch . If anyone can actually see what's he's banging on about, let me know!
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Brians Interview with GQ in German   Brians Interview with GQ in German Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 9:23 am

luckysparks wrote:
Reading google translated articles is always hilarious xD Thanks for the link! Didn't know Brian had that side to him.

neither did i quite an eye opener about the lad. I think he was in it for the models tho Wink
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
luckysparks
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
luckysparks

PostSubject: Re: Brians Interview with GQ in German   Brians Interview with GQ in German Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 9:28 am

jerseyrain wrote:
luckysparks wrote:

neither did i quite an eye opener about the lad. I think he was in it for the models tho Wink

I bet him and Alex L have little fashion pow wows.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brians Interview with GQ in German   Brians Interview with GQ in German Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 5:41 am

Brian Fallon von The Gaslight Anthem. Like the Von Trapps? OK sorry.

Babelfish's translation of the first paragraph: ( http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gq-magazin.de%2Farticles%2Fleute%2Fmanner%2Fbrian-fallon%2F2011%2F11%2F11%2F30540%2F&lp=de_en&btnTrUrl=Translate )

Quote :
He would like to eat still completely, says Brian Fallon in the Munich of “baking steam turbine and gas turbine systems”. Because: Hunter shred is its body food. Well, we wait. After seven minutes the shred is pressed including Spätzle. Can we? „, Only a cigarette “, he mumbles to something overslept. Three minutes later, the man, who brought the style back in the Punkrock, is so far.

What was the "something overslept"? Benny? Also, who knew schnitzel was "hunter shred." And "But hello! I love hats!" is making me LOL. Because it's true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brians Interview with GQ in German   Brians Interview with GQ in German Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brians Interview with GQ in German
Page 1 of 1