DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We Are Augustines

Go down 
+12
Jack
visible_karma
The Angry Johnny Revue
thomas94
SubconsciousRitual
Christophe
Jerseyrain
Down by the Mersey
norwegianstar
steph
Holland
brianisbae
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

We Are Augustines Empty
PostSubject: We Are Augustines   We Are Augustines Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 1:50 pm

Are there any fans out there? I just found out about these guys after Frightened Rabbits recommended them. And now I'm hook, you should give a listen.
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

We Are Augustines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are Augustines   We Are Augustines Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 4:41 pm

Chapel Song is amazing! I downloaded that album, Rise Ye Sunken Ships or whatever and didn't like it too much though
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

We Are Augustines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are Augustines   We Are Augustines Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 8:52 am

these chaps are awesome!!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

We Are Augustines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are Augustines   We Are Augustines Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 9:08 am

i fucking loved Pela after i saw them live opening for Gaslight in NC, but...they broke up shortly thereafter, and even the record isn't as good as seeing them live...We Are Augustines is good, but not the same. just my personal opinion.
Back to top Go down
norwegianstar
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

We Are Augustines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are Augustines   We Are Augustines Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 7:13 am

There are some pretty good podcasts and youtube-videos to be found on the mighty internet. I recently discovered these guys, and I just loved them from the first listen. My personal favorites are "the ballad of a patient man" and "rise". The sad thing though, is that these two song havent been recorded onto the album.
There's a really powerfull story behind the album.
Back to top Go down
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

We Are Augustines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are Augustines   We Are Augustines Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 4:19 pm

Seeing them next month in Liverpool and can"t wait. Holland saw them in Manchester last month and was very complimentary about them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

We Are Augustines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are Augustines   We Are Augustines Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 5:57 am

I was at the Manchester show last night. Although they only played for an hour (probably due to only having the one album and a few b sides of material) it was a great show. The band played with a lot of energy and passin and at times a lot of emotion, especially on the quieter songs where Billy was nearly in tears it seemed. City of Brotherly Love was the highlight for me though... Picked myself up a Chapel Song 7" single with a nice b side on it too!
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

We Are Augustines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are Augustines   We Are Augustines Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 7:15 pm

Just got back from their Liverpool show. They were excellent and very emotional but also good fun with some good stage banter going on. Played for around 1 hr 20 mins and as much as I love their album seeing them live gave them a whole new level.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

We Are Augustines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are Augustines   We Are Augustines Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 6:08 pm

Just got into these guys recently and I'm really liking them. Like their earlier stuff with Pela as well. I don't understand how Rise Ye Sunken Ships (the song) and Ballad of a Patient Man didn't make it onto the album. For me they are the two best songs. I hope they record at least Ballad on the next album. I don't think they actually recorded Rise and I've only seen it played live in YouTube clips. Hopefully they will record that song as well because it really is great.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

We Are Augustines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are Augustines   We Are Augustines Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 6:23 pm

Have you got the iTunes Session? it has a really good live version of Ballad Of a Patient Man on it.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

We Are Augustines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are Augustines   We Are Augustines Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 6:36 pm

Holland wrote:
Have you got the iTunes Session? it has a really good live version of Ballad Of a Patient Man on it.

Yeah I just bought it. It is a good version of it actually. I don't think they recorded Rise did they? I don't know why because I think it would be best song on the album apart from maybe Book Of James.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

We Are Augustines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are Augustines   We Are Augustines Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 6:40 pm

No they didn't, the best version of Rise I have seen is the one they performed on Chase Jarvis. It really is an amazing song, i cant understand what made them decide not to put it on the album
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

We Are Augustines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are Augustines   We Are Augustines Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 6:42 pm

Holland wrote:
No they didn't, the best version of Rise I have seen is the one they performed on Chase Jarvis. It really is an amazing song, i cant understand what made them decide not to put it on the album

Yeah I agree I saw that Chase Jarvis performance too. As it would have been the title track it does seem odd that they didn't record it. I guess it would be a long shot for them to include it on their next album.
Back to top Go down
SubconsciousRitual
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
SubconsciousRitual

We Are Augustines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are Augustines   We Are Augustines Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 6:50 pm

They were my new favorite band last year! I really identify with the album, and have had some similar family issues. It's some sad stuff but they make it so uplifting. If you have a chance to see them live don't pass it up. They bring everything they have to the stage.

The iTunes session also has a heartbreakingly beautiful cover of Damien Jurado's Ohio. There's a recorded version of Rise on their Daytrotter session.

I did it backwards and discovered Pela through WAA. They're obviously similar but also incredibly different. I more personally relate to the WAA album, which was released at a time when I really needed it. But then I finally looked into Pela and that album is phenomenal. I can't imagine seeing them open for TGA, that would be a dream bill for me.

They're also incredibly nice, genuine guys.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

We Are Augustines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are Augustines   We Are Augustines Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 7:00 pm

SubconsciousRitual wrote:
They were my new favorite band last year! I really identify with the album, and have had some similar family issues. It's some sad stuff but they make it so uplifting. If you have a chance to see them live don't pass it up. They bring everything they have to the stage.

The iTunes session also has a heartbreakingly beautiful cover of Damien Jurado's Ohio. There's a recorded version of Rise on their Daytrotter session.

I did it backwards and discovered Pela through WAA. They're obviously similar but also incredibly different. I more personally relate to the WAA album, which was released at a time when I really needed it. But then I finally looked into Pela and that album is phenomenal. I can't imagine seeing them open for TGA, that would be a dream bill for me.

Yeah I've heard they are great live I am hoping to see them in October Smile Do you know where I can get the version of Rise from the Daytrotter session?
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

We Are Augustines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are Augustines   We Are Augustines Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 7:04 pm

I have seen them live twice and they are really quite amazing!
Back to top Go down
SubconsciousRitual
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
SubconsciousRitual

We Are Augustines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are Augustines   We Are Augustines Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 7:11 pm

The Daytrotter session is here: http://www.daytrotter.com/#!/concert/we-are-augustines/20055256-37382581

They used to offer free downloads, but now you need to be a Daytrotter member (it's $2 a month).
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

We Are Augustines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are Augustines   We Are Augustines Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 7:23 pm

The Daytrotter session is here: http://www.daytrotter.com/#!/concert/we-are-augustines/20055256-37382581

They used to offer free downloads, but now you need to be a Daytrotter member (it's $2 a month).

Thanks I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

We Are Augustines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are Augustines   We Are Augustines Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 8:49 pm

Christophe wrote:

Yeah I've heard they are great live I am hoping to see them in October Smile Do you know where I can get the version of Rise from the Daytrotter session?

I've seen 'em at Hurricane Festival this year. I'm not a huge fan, but I really liked their performance! Wink
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

We Are Augustines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are Augustines   We Are Augustines Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:38 pm

Had heard the name thrown about a lot but for some reason I always assumed they were some warped tour pop punk band. Man was I wrong, these guys are phenomenal. I know people won't like me comparing but to me they sound like the most brilliant mix of The Killers, Mumford & Sons, The National, and The Horrible Crowes. And THC is the only one of those bands I dont hate which is bizarre.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

We Are Augustines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are Augustines   We Are Augustines Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 7:24 am

That is a little bizarre...

In other news it is now about 3 weeks until the gig at Manchesters HMV Ritz and I still haven't got my tickets. Anyone else in the same boat or have theirs?
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

We Are Augustines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are Augustines   We Are Augustines Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:58 am

Unelievably Ive still not got my tickets for machester on Wednesday. Anyone had the same problem or just me?
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

We Are Augustines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are Augustines   We Are Augustines Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 12:02 pm

Who did you order with?

My mum and Dad (I don't know why they are going) bought tickets this week and they arrived a couple of days later.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

We Are Augustines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are Augustines   We Are Augustines Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 2:50 pm

I got them from SEE tickets and their tracking system says theyve still not been posted yet. Shocker.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

We Are Augustines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are Augustines   We Are Augustines Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 9:40 am

Theyre telling me I have to collect my tickets at the f***ing ticket office when doors open. Incompetent idiots. Avoid buying tickets from SEE tickets everyone. Unreliable! I'd better get in now otherwise Im going to kicking up a shitstorm bigger than they've ever SEEn!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

We Are Augustines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are Augustines   We Are Augustines Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We Are Augustines
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Other Bands-
Jump to: