DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Discussion on dreams

Go down 
+4
plugga
steph
IrishNameAndAnInjury
JimmyB
8 posters
AuthorMessage
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Discussion on dreams Empty
PostSubject: Discussion on dreams   Discussion on dreams Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 5:53 pm

What do you personally think about dreams? Are they predictors of the future (within reason dreams), deja vu, desires of our mind, what we want the most, What could happen to us, or just something that our minds make to pass the sleeping hours
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on dreams   Discussion on dreams Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 6:12 pm

I think it depends on the dream. I tend to have really vivid, realistic dreams that stick with me for a while, and sometimes I think they are my subconcious trying to tell me something, while other times I think I may just be losing it.

Occasionally I dream really weird things, like the other night I dreamt that my aunt who passed away five years ago called me on the phone and told me to watch out for her grandkids, who I am very close to, because "something" was going to happen. I woke up before she told me what! It was all very ominous and kind of freaked me out, and I wonder if it meant something more than the fact that I was just thinking about her and missing her that day.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on dreams   Discussion on dreams Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 10:11 pm

personally, I hope my recent dream comes true.....Playing in a rock band to a packed house, and some point later on in the dream...The girl I have been interested in, actually gave me a very passionate kiss...then I woke up...
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on dreams   Discussion on dreams Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 5:54 am

subconscious shit flying around in our minds that may or may not mean anything...it's like our minds without the conscious filter on them. oftentimes, when i happen to remember my dreams, there are many seemingly crazy parts of the dream that i can pick out and see where they came from (i.e., an earlier discussion that day, and someone in the discussion appears in the dream).
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on dreams   Discussion on dreams Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 5:58 am

I NEVER remember my dreams, I can't remember the last time it happened!!
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on dreams   Discussion on dreams Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 11:50 pm

I get a heavy feeling of deja vu a lot of the time, but I don't really think it has anything to do with the dreams I have, because usually it ends up turning out to be something quite normal and not out of proportion, which happens in most of my dreams.

The dreams I do remember usually occur during times when I'm suffering some heavy emotion, or maybe when I'm just incredibly drunk like a few nights ago (those are probably the worst). A lot of the time, they're focused on people I really care about or girls that I've been interested in before. There have been a few times when I've had dreams of playing onstage with some random band that I'm into, which has consisted of Goldfinger, for some reason, and maybe Gaslight once or twice.

Most of the time I think they just are things that I wish would happen. Yes, I would LOVE to jump around with Brian onstage, kinda like Ian did on the American Slang tour during Old White Lincoln, and I certainly have wanted to date some lovely girls pretty badly. Once or twice they've been negative, where the girl would tell me to just get away from her, or my dad would die of a heart attack. I honestly think those dreams occur at random for me because they usually happen at random times when nothing significant has happened between that person and myself. They're certainly triggered off of my fears though, because I think just about everyone has the fear of losing someone they love very much.

Strangely enough, though, my dreams usually don't happen at random, besides those few negative instances, which is quite pleasant, really. They make me feel a good sense of nostalgia, which I really enjoy because every memory kind of has its own tone, and being able to revisit that in your head, if not physically, is a really cool thing.
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on dreams   Discussion on dreams Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 1:58 am

Well I don't know what their purpose is, but they have to mean something right? I mean why would the human brain go through such a complicated process when it's supposed to be resting?

Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on dreams   Discussion on dreams Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 7:11 am

Jay wrote:
Well I don't know what their purpose is, but they have to mean something right? I mean why would the human brain go through such a complicated process when it's supposed to be resting?

I think one reason I have such vivid dreams that I always remember is because my brain never does fully rest when I am able to sleep. Stupid insomnia. Last night I dreamt that I was back in high school and no one could understand me when I spoke, like I was speaking gibberish or something. Then I woke up and was awake for the next hour. Fun, right? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
waltzingseñora
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
waltzingseñora

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on dreams   Discussion on dreams Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 6:45 pm

I don't think dreams can predict the future, considering that a dream is what our subconscious mind makes. Sometimes they show our desires or greatest fears, this happens quite often! Sometimes they're totally stupid and nonsense, I once had a dream about my cat trying to save me from a spider army Neutral

Did you know that random poeple you see in your dreams are ACTUALLY poeple who exist? I read about that the other day, our mind can't "create" new faces, so we see people who we have met at least once before, even while walking on the street.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on dreams   Discussion on dreams Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 2:45 am

that's really interesting about us not being able to create new faces...i feel like im going to have some weird dreams tonight haha
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on dreams   Discussion on dreams Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 3:26 am

If dreams are predictions for the future, then I can look forward to flying around NYC in a helicopter stealing steeples off churches with my friend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on dreams   Discussion on dreams Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discussion on dreams
Page 1 of 1