DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Stone Roses

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

The Stone Roses Empty
PostSubject: The Stone Roses   The Stone Roses Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:08 am

Surprised there isn't already a thread for these guys!

Anyother 'Roses fans about here? Amazing band imo, another great band from Manchester (Smiths/JoyDivision/NewOrder.etc.etc.)

Currently in the middle of a press conference where they're expected to announce a long awaited and surprising reunion! Someone else is bound to be excited by this!
Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

The Stone Roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stone Roses   The Stone Roses Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:31 am

Correction - They HAVE reformed and are planning an 'extensive world tour!'

http://www.thestoneroses.org/

I've nver been so happy cheers
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

The Stone Roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stone Roses   The Stone Roses Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:56 am

what a terrible shame , sorry to put a downer on it but i seriously can't stand Ian Brown or the brit pop era of music.
Back to top Go down
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

The Stone Roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stone Roses   The Stone Roses Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 2:52 pm

I can understand a bit of suspicion for Stone Roses, with them potentially being partly responsible for the watered down music for the lowest common denominator, lilly livered ego driven crap that was Oasis, but listen to their debut album, pure hungry rock n' roll. Don't hate true innovators just because somebody watered it down to sell to morons.

I am the resurrection is a great anthem.
Back to top Go down
I am Incinerator
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

The Stone Roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stone Roses   The Stone Roses Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 12:17 pm

That is great news.

Oasis knew that they weren't charting any new territory in music, they knew they were ripping off of what came before them. They came out gunning to be the biggest band in the world. They accepted and/or knew why people hated them and what for, and they still did what they were going to do. Yeah the music is generic and watered down...and Liam's ego could cause a solar eclipse, but I ould rather listen to Oasis tunes over a lot of other stuff

as far as Beady Eye and Noel solo...meh.

I loved a lot of the brit pop stuff, though.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

The Stone Roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stone Roses   The Stone Roses Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 3:15 pm

Theyre ok. Not for the hype though. This will please a lot of people though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Stone Roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stone Roses   The Stone Roses Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Stone Roses
Page 1 of 1