DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings

Go down 
+12
mona88
40 Miler
loazis
JukeboxJuliet
NeverTrustAJunkie
simo
JimmyB
Álvaro
Bea
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Harbortown
IrishNameAndAnInjury
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings Empty
PostSubject: Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings   Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:28 am

Have any of you guys spotted Gaslight merchandise in odd places? Yesterday on my way home from work, I pulled up next to a police car driven by a plain clothes cop. I glanced over at him and saw that he was wearing a Gaslight Anthem t-shirt! I thought that if I had gotten pulled over for speeding by this cop I might have been able to get out of the ticket, especially since I had '59 Sound blasting at the time. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings   Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 1:49 pm

That's awesome! I don't think I've ever seen even ONE Gaslight tee where I live. I've had people ask me about them when I was wearing one of their shirts, but that's it.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings   Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 2:02 pm

I've seen two in Santa Barbara.
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings   Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 2:08 pm

Never seen a single person other than myself wearing one whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings   Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 2:12 pm

The shirt that the cop was wearing is the only one I've seen in my part of the world. That's probably why I was so surprised!
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings   Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm

i saw a girl waiting at a bus stop in Luxembourg wearing one! i almost run out of the bus right there, cause before then i was convinced of being the only person in Luxembourg who knew of them Razz
Back to top Go down
Álvaro
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Álvaro

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings   Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 2:43 pm

No tshirts seen in Spain so far.

I was at London Feis this year and 3 or 4 people say hello to me because I was wearing a TGA tshirt.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings   Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:11 pm

South of Pittsburgh...I have seen exactly...2, 1 one those I wear.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings   Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:41 pm

StopAndSlideToTheRight wrote:
Never seen a single person other than myself wearing one whatsoever.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings   Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 3:39 am

Sam (drummer) from Sharks had one on at Warped in Scranton, and a drummer for this band Vandals (I think their name is) wore one when they opened for Youth Brigade last year. I guess drummers <3 Gaslight Anthem. Those aren't exactly odd locations though.
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings   Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 10:31 am

Never seen gaslight or horrible crowes (not a big surprise there) merchandise on anyone here in Iowa.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings   Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 5:55 pm

I saw a guy wearing the gray 'Older But Bolder' Tiger-shirt to a drum 'n Bass show a few months back. In my drunkenness I walked to him and yelled something like 'DUDE. BEST BAND EVER. I LOVE YOU'. He responded kinda awkwardly.

I was disappointed.

Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings   Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 6:44 pm

loazis wrote:
I saw a guy wearing the gray 'Older But Bolder' Tiger-shirt to a drum 'n Bass show a few months back. In my drunkenness I walked to him and yelled something like 'DUDE. BEST BAND EVER. I LOVE YOU'. He responded kinda awkwardly.

I was disappointed.

I would have done the same thing except I probably would have been so excited I would have proposed marriage. I commend you on your self restraint.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings   Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 6:55 pm

loazis wrote:

I was disappointed.

Cool! The cop I saw was wearing the '59 Sound bowling pin shirt. I recognized it immediately and was so excited! I didn't say anything to him though for two reasons. One, it would have been weird for me to be yelling out of my car window at a police officer, and two, I drive a red Mustang (usually too fast for my own good) and try not to attract any extra attention from cops that might write me a huge, scary ticket. Wink

Back to top Go down
40 Miler
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings   Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 7:40 am

I see Gaslight shirts quite often when i go to Cities.
Back to top Go down
mona88
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings   Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 11:27 pm

Wow, that's cool~ I wanna have that tee!
Back to top Go down
Clementine
A Contender
A Contender
Clementine

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings   Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 10:56 pm

Random shopper at Ikea in Denver and a kid at Warp....both sightings made me smile
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings   Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:45 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
loazis wrote:

I was disappointed.

Cool! The cop I saw was wearing the '59 Sound bowling pin shirt. I recognized it immediately and was so excited! I didn't say anything to him though for two reasons. One, it would have been weird for me to be yelling out of my car window at a police officer, and two, I drive a red Mustang (usually too fast for my own good) and try not to attract any extra attention from cops that might write me a huge, scary ticket. Wink

i drive a red Camaro (way better than a Mustang muahahha Wink) and got pulled over today...after a cop waved me thru a four way stop while on my phone and aware that my registration was expired [had updated online but hadn't received the current tags] and i guess since i was on the phone and afraid of being pulled over for expired tags i was speeding haha. my friend that was on the phone with me was laughing at what kind of idiot would speed up in front of a cop haha. my dumbass is the answer to that question. thank the nonexistent heavens he was a nice cop!
Back to top Go down
CharlotteGaslight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
CharlotteGaslight

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings   Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 9:09 pm

After I left University to move back home for the summer, my flat mate phoned me to say she had just seen a guy in a Gaslight t-shirt in a computer lab, I demanded she speak to him for me, but she refused, she said he looked weird lol, and neither have us have spotted him or the t-shirt since... Sad
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings   Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 9:18 pm

steph wrote:

i drive a red Camaro (way better than a Mustang muahahha Wink) and got pulled over today...after a cop waved me thru a four way stop while on my phone and aware that my registration was expired [had updated online but hadn't received the current tags] and i guess since i was on the phone and afraid of being pulled over for expired tags i was speeding haha. my friend that was on the phone with me was laughing at what kind of idiot would speed up in front of a cop haha. my dumbass is the answer to that question. thank the nonexistent heavens he was a nice cop!

Steph, Steph, Steph. Let's get one thing straight. The bets cars out there are as follows:

1. Mustang
2. Camaro
3. Challenger
4. Charger

That's just how it is.

So, since the cop was nice does that mean you got out of the ticket? I have never gotten a speeding ticket, which is a miracle! I bet I just jinxed myself though.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings   Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 9:24 pm

Volvo is the best car.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings   Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 9:35 pm

Volvo?! I think not! The only cars worth driving are muscle cars. Forget safety ratings and practicality. With cars, the cool factor is what it's all about.

On a side note, earlier this week the seven year old I nanny for said her favorite car in the whole world is a Volvo because they look "distinctive". Her five year old sister was outraged and yelled out that Mustangs and Camaros were the best cars (smart kid, good taste. I have raised her well!). World War III nearly erupted in the back of the minivan.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings   Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 9:45 pm

THE VOLVO, FORGED BY THE HAMMER OF THOR IN THE RAGING FIRES OF RAGNARÖK WITH TITAN POWERED VOLVINIUM ORE EXTRACTED FROM THE CORE OF THE EARTH. ITS SWEDISH JUSTICE TURBOCHARGERS BOOST IT THROUGH DIMENSIONS OF TIME AND UPON CONTACT PUSH SPEED BUMPS A HUNDRED FEET INTO THE GROUND!
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings   Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 10:04 pm

One thing the Volvo does have going for it is you could drive into a wall at 100km/h and do more damage to the wall than to the Volvo.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings   Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 10:21 pm

Yeah, yeah, yeah, Volvos are well-built, made of steel, solid as a tank, blah blah blah. But have you ever seen a Volvo race down a drag strip so fast you can feel the vibration through your feet into your heart, or do an amazing burnout that sends up a cloud of smoke and exhaust so thick you can't even see through it? I think not. Why? Because they are not cool enough to hang out with the muscle cars.

Muscle Cars eat at the cool kids' table and Volvos eat in the library with the other dorks. Come over to the dark side, Harbortown. It's more fun over here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings   Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Surprising Gaslight t-shirt sightings
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next