DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

59 Sound Pickups

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
I am Incinerator
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Guitar sound - 59 Sound Pickups Empty
PostSubject: 59 Sound Pickups   Guitar sound - 59 Sound Pickups Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 3:32 pm

Yesterday I was surprised by my wife. She let me know she ordered a set of 59 sound pickups from Luther Lee for my tele as an anniversary present. It was a pleasant surprise, for sure!

It made me stoked because I was e-mailing back and forth with Eric. He let me know about the 59 Sound as well as another telecaster pickup he winds that is based off of the early 50's Broadcaster pickup (which I think would sound exceptional in an Esquire build). Eric was very helpful with his explanation and letting me know how to get the most out of these pickups, not to mention his overall excitement for his work nor to mention the 59 Sound set in particular. So yeah, very very STOKED to get these in and into my tele!
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound Pickups   Guitar sound - 59 Sound Pickups Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 5:03 pm

Jealousy!
Back to top Go down
I am Incinerator
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound Pickups   Guitar sound - 59 Sound Pickups Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:54 pm

I do count my lucky stars!
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound Pickups   Guitar sound - 59 Sound Pickups Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 4:30 pm

Also check out Lollar pickups , they make pickups for Nash Telecasters , an Ian Perkins recommendation too!!

http://www.lollarguitars.com/mm5/merchant.mvc
Back to top Go down
I am Incinerator
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound Pickups   Guitar sound - 59 Sound Pickups Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 3:35 pm

The pickups arrived over the weekend!

The attention to detail is uncanny! I geek out hard over the details, especially with guitar gear. These things are crafted to be rock solid. Eric definitely knows his stuff!

I still have to get them put in. I will wait until I get a new wiring harness with better quality pots, switch, jack, and tone cap.

I was surprised to see the DC resistance on these, the bridge pickup is at 7.7 something ohms and the neck is about 7.5ish ohms...the exact numbers are on the box at home.

Oh yeah, Lollar pickups are great stuff. Lots of builders use them for their OEM pickups. I would like to check out some of his pickups some day.
Back to top Go down
Blue_Collar_Man
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Blue_Collar_Man

PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound Pickups   Guitar sound - 59 Sound Pickups Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 6:28 am

I had the pick-ups put in at the local shop here.
Together with new wiring.

The sounds is nasty, it's vintage, it's got 'balls'... A very good investment and something very special.

And indeed, nice details !

Back to top Go down
I am Incinerator
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound Pickups   Guitar sound - 59 Sound Pickups Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 11:31 am

sounds great! I'm looking forward to getting mine in. I ordered a new wiring harness from Eric per his reccomendations for the 59 sound set, so once that comes in I will get everything into my Tele.
Back to top Go down
tyoac
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound Pickups   Guitar sound - 59 Sound Pickups Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 12:24 pm

hey guys,

any update here? im thinking about upgrading my 80s tokai tele. thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 59 Sound Pickups   Guitar sound - 59 Sound Pickups Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

59 Sound Pickups
Page 1 of 1