DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SatQ pressing query

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

SatQ pressing query Empty
PostSubject: SatQ pressing query   SatQ pressing query Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 4:52 pm

Does anyone know which pressing of SatQ this is?

SatQ pressing query SatQmyst
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: SatQ pressing query   SatQ pressing query Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 5:05 pm

steady now steady now wrote:

SatQ pressing query SatQmyst

I'm fairly certain that's the current pressing. Sabot apparantly got rid of the "juke box" hole and changed the label a bit.
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: SatQ pressing query   SatQ pressing query Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 5:24 pm

That's so much nicer than the old one!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: SatQ pressing query   SatQ pressing query Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 5:27 pm

[quote="Shrewsbury_Stars"]

I'm fairly certain that's the current pressing. Sabot apparantly got rid of the "juke box" hole and changed the label a bit.

as the black US pressing is the unlimited one, would changing the label and 'hole' not make this a separate pressing?
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: SatQ pressing query   SatQ pressing query Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 12:56 pm

[quote="steady now steady now"]
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

as the black US pressing is the unlimited one, would changing the label and 'hole' not make this a separate pressing?

I think this is a question for the completists but I would think so.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: SatQ pressing query   SatQ pressing query Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 4:35 pm

I have now heard from Sabot about this.

The black vinyl shown above does indeed now replace the previous 'unlimited' version, of which they ended up pressing 3,551 copies. So that's a second black pressing then, though again nominally 'unlimited'.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: SatQ pressing query   SatQ pressing query Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 5:59 pm

The black vinyl shown above does indeed now replace the previous 'unlimited' version, of which they ended up pressing 3,551 copies. So that's a second black pressing then, though again nominally 'unlimited'.

Of the 3,551 previously pressed, I believe the first pressing of black was limited to 1,000. This is according to the 18milesaminute blog.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: SatQ pressing query   SatQ pressing query Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 3:49 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

Of the 3,551 previously pressed, I believe the first pressing of black was limited to 1,000. This is according to the 18milesaminute blog.

if that site was still up to date and accurate, I wouldn't have bothered basing my page on that info but updating and correcting it

that's why I don't show a limited first black pressing, because I understand that the black pressing in fact turned out to be the 'unlimited' one
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: SatQ pressing query   SatQ pressing query Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 8:17 am

so is this new pressing the one you would get from the Gaslight store ?
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: SatQ pressing query   SatQ pressing query Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 9:41 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

if that site was still up to date and accurate, I wouldn't have bothered basing my page on that info but updating and correcting it

that's why I don't show a limited first black pressing, because I understand that the black pressing in fact turned out to be the 'unlimited' one

Now I'm confused. Below is our exchange from another thread. What am I missing?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ouch!

generally speaking, first pressing rarity still stands, even if records are re-pressed in the same colour

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

That's fair enough. So for something like the black 2x7 pressing of S&TQ on black, would that still be considered a first press limited to 1000 even though Sabot has repressed the black version?

I realize what a nerd this makes me but I really enjoy discussing this stuff.

yes, the first press would still be limited, because the re-pressing is, after all, a second pressing

as for Elsie's second pressing of 500, as they don't seem to be sold with a 'second pressing' tag, are they really a separate pressing for collector's purposes?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: SatQ pressing query   SatQ pressing query Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 10:27 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

Now I'm confused. Below is our exchange from another thread. What am I missing?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ouch!

generally speaking, first pressing rarity still stands, even if records are re-pressed in the same colour

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

That's fair enough. So for something like the black 2x7 pressing of S&TQ on black, would that still be considered a first press limited to 1000 even though Sabot has repressed the black version?

I realize what a nerd this makes me but I really enjoy discussing this stuff.

yes, the first press would still be limited, because the re-pressing is, after all, a second pressing

as for Elsie's second pressing of 500, as they don't seem to be sold with a 'second pressing' tag, are they really a separate pressing for collector's purposes?

oooo; now I've confused myself

I think when I answered I assumed that the re-pressing could be distinguished

oh man, and I don't even collect variants
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: SatQ pressing query   SatQ pressing query Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 12:34 pm

Are we agreed that the 1st press black had the large juke box hole and the new press has the small regular hole or have i missed something ?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: SatQ pressing query   SatQ pressing query Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 3:18 pm

brucesboots wrote:
Are we agreed that the 1st press black had the large juke box hole and the new press has the small regular hole or have i missed something ?

yes, we're agreed on that

large juke box hole: 3,551 pressed

regular hole: current 'unlimited' pressing
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: SatQ pressing query   SatQ pressing query Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 3:54 pm

brucesboots wrote:

yes, we're agreed on that

large juke box hole: 3,551 pressed

regular hole: current 'unlimited' pressing

Cheers......always said Bruce kept me poor.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: SatQ pressing query   SatQ pressing query Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:31 am

by the way, the release date for this pressing is July 2011
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SatQ pressing query   SatQ pressing query Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SatQ pressing query
Page 1 of 1