DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album

Go down 
+18
DeathoftheCool
Shrewsbury_Stars
madsmom
Ghost
bringiton_ty
jdc
henn
TGAFAN25
A_Regular
StitchesOnTheRadio
rumham
Klown
plugga
enola
JimmyB
fullcollapse
Joe Jack
LuceroDiehard
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 12:25 pm

The Horrible Crowes concert at the Bowery was incredible, just an amazing vibe, very special night....

I'm excited for them to tour again and see another show.... I'm sure the music will be great because it feels like Brian really lets anything go into the HC songs, allowing different sounds and intstruments than gaslight uses which really opens up great potential for the new songs
Back to top Go down
madsmom
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
madsmom

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 12:32 pm

I was at the troubadour show & the fingerprints shows I loved the vibe at both shows , can't wait for a new Horrible Crowes album & a tour !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 12:36 pm

Ghost wrote:
bringiton_ty wrote:
I have serious mixed feelings. Elsie was an incredible work of art. Perfect in every way. Topping that is not going to be easy and everyones expectations are going to be set very high with good reason. Id love to hear new stuff but cant help wodering how it could ever match Elsie.

I kind of get what you mean, as Elsie was a one-off album is perfect (except maybe the lyrics to Crush...one tiny thing Wink). Thing is though, if/when they do release a second one, even if it doesn't match Elsie but still has some good songs on it (which let's face it, it will do, it's Brian Fallon), still a good thing right? And doesn't stop Elsie being perfect Smile.

Although the lyrics to Crush seem pretty cheesy at first blush, there was a method to Brian's madness.

Check out this youtube clip from the Bowery Ballroom show. Brian's explains what he was doing lyrically quite well.

The first part of the song (with the cheesy lyrics) represents the silly, whimsical things people say when they're in love. By contrast the second part of the song represents what they're really (and irrationally) thinking ("If you leave me, I will die.").

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsrMEH9Zp_0
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 12:40 pm

I also think we should take all this news of a new Crowes record and tour with a large grain of salt.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 1:17 pm

agreed there
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 5:18 pm

as for the moby and gorillaz thing, i think he means drum loops!
Back to top Go down
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
A Contender
A Contender
sandyangryjohnnyormary?

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 7:55 pm

I don't anything about the Gorillaz, but I do like the Horrible Crowes. cheers
Back to top Go down
lostintheflood
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 6:03 am

Crush has bad lyrics? My foot.
Back to top Go down
http://brailleclub.bandcamp.com
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 7:09 am

lostintheflood wrote:
Crush has bad lyrics? My foot.

I like the second part a lot. Just...

"I know a secret everybody tell
Who goes to heaven, who goes to hell
And I know one thing sure is true
I never kept a secret
I got a crush on you"

I mean that could be Carly Rae Jepson or something :p.

However...

Quote :
The first part of the song (with the cheesy lyrics) represents the silly, whimsical things people say when they're in love. By contrast the second part of the song represents what they're really (and irrationally) thinking ("If you leave me, I will die.").

This makes a lot of sense. Thanks for helping me see the song in a different light Smile.
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:10 am

I put this in the thread in the main section, but i'll repeat it here...

Did anyone see Brian's tweet yesterday?
Quote :
Why does it look like demos are being made in here?#acousticguitarsandharmonicas
If that's not a clear hint that THC demos are being made, i don't know what is.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 12:03 pm

CapedAvenger wrote:
I put this in the thread in the main section, but i'll repeat it here...

Did anyone see Brian's tweet yesterday?
Quote :
Why does it look like demos are being made in here?#acousticguitarsandharmonicas
If that's not a clear hint that THC demos are being made, i don't know what is.

Who's to say it's not TGA demos though?
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Who's to say he's not hanging out at his living room at his house and simply forgot to put away his guitar and harmonica?

lol... I hope it's demos but it oculd be anything
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 2:11 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
Who's to say he's not hanging out at his living room at his house and simply forgot to put away his guitar and harmonica?

Yup.
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 2:49 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:

Nothing, i simply assumed it would be THC demos, based on what's been said elsewhere about them putting a new album out this year. And i would've thought harmonicas would be better suited to THC than TGA. And it would be a bit offside to tweet about demos if they're not actually making any.

But, as you say, it could be anything. THC demos, TGA demos, solo demos (!!!), or nothing whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 3:54 pm

CapedAvenger wrote:
rkirkpatrick25 wrote:

Nothing, i simply assumed it would be THC demos, based on what's been said elsewhere about them putting a new album out this year. And i would've thought harmonicas would be better suited to THC than TGA. And it would be a bit offside to tweet about demos if they're not actually making any.

But, as you say, it could be anything. THC demos, TGA demos, solo demos (!!!), or nothing whatsoever.

To be honest, I think the prospect of a new Crowes record this year is pretty far-fetched. I recently read an interview with Brian in which he said Gaslight would continue touring for quite some time and then get to work on a new TGA record. I don't see him recording of a side project before then. I don't doubt that Brian and Ian said this to Zach/yankeesfan but I think it was more wishful thinking than concrete plans.

Let's be honest, Brian has a history of talking about things that don't ultimately materialize (Remeber the album he and Chuck Ragan were going to do together?). We'll see though. I would love a new HC album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 6:59 pm

maybe the new THC album him and Ian were referring to is the live album coming out soonish?
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 7:08 pm

no
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 7:12 pm

lol highly likely blugel
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 11:24 pm

Soon would be nice, but I won't get my hope up. haha Still pretty awesome it's something they're planning on.

...okay, I don't know what I'm talking about. BUT, I'll cross my fingers for a live (future) album. Smile
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 1:37 am

I don't think the new one was referring to the live album. I mean if it is, it's pretty shitty of them to call it a "new album" and mislead someone. The word "new" should not apply. Of course this depends on their wording. But I'm not gonna get my hopes up for anything until we get something else that indicates that they're working on stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2