DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TGA Live in NJ this Dec......

Go down 
+80
theBasemen
wolfpac2056
dustinpardue
Proteus
LoboJones
Mechamunky
thebar1963
dbzgtom
semrad8
Admodieus
Bea
mingus
joshyboytyler
Down by the Mersey
Jerseyrain
rem999
JimmyB
MKULTRA
Jack
SirBrad
plugga
jonnyz83
cristinaevelyn
CluckyB
turnitin2004
IrishNameAndAnInjury
rumham
DrockNJ
Gumption
No Retreat
Velocity
SouthJerseyTGA
Holland
simo
backseat99
The Angry Johnny Revue
westcountryeastcoast
riversedge
Phil Rockabill
ozfacter
thebends
TGA30
prettyontheinsidex
eddiecash
Christophe
steph
kupe
SaintSaturn
sentrand
bt211
pookieray
Harbortown
jerzshore732
B701
Hirti
Gaslight23
enola
moosicmaniac
LuceroDiehard
Rizz
NeverTrustAJunkie
luckysparks
JukeboxJuliet
TGAFAN25
mercyandaminute
KittyKat
built2last25
big blue
Debonair
chickenman
spgilbert
Kosburn59
vince
J.B.R.
fullcollapse
colmillionaire
acousticbandit
Shrewsbury_Stars
IKeeptheDiner
swampdevil
84 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:28 pm

[quote="J.B.R."][quote="Gumption"]
JimmyB wrote:
If you don't like people dancing/moshing then go in the back or buy the upper level seats.

No no. Thats not how it works. I am allowed to buy a ticket where ever I'd like. I am also allowed to stand there and enjoy the show.

If you would like to dance and "mosh" that is fine. But the second I am getting pushed or shoved to the the ground, or having people spill beer on me, then it becomes assault. I shouldn't have to buy bad tickets to avoid getting shoved. That's not how life works.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:34 pm

I do not mind The average pit...But I have no desire to get beat up while trying to enjoy a concert.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 1:44 am

Certain facts of concert life when you stand in the middle-front of a rock show:

1. There will be mosh pits.
2. There will be drunk people who show up at the last minute and try to fight you for your spot you've been standing in for the last two hours.
3. There will be shoving.
4. There will be crowdsurfing and you will probably get kicked in the head.
5. If the drummer throws a drumstick to you, someone will try to rip it out of your hands.

As I said- stand off to the side. Your chances of getting roughed up will be lowered by a lot.

Does it make sense people mosh at a Gaslight show? Not totally. But it has happened enough times that I'm not surprised when one erupts out of nowhere.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 4:19 am

Never been to a Gaslight concert where there wasn't a moshpit....
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 5:22 am

"No no. Thats not how it works. I am allowed to buy a ticket where ever I'd like. I am also allowed to stand there and enjoy the show.

If you would like to dance and "mosh" that is fine. But the second I am getting pushed or shoved to the the ground, or having people spill beer on me, then it becomes assault. I shouldn't have to buy bad tickets to avoid getting shoved. That's not how life works."

-------------------------- I don't know how to properly use the quoting thing, but I am responding to the quote above ^^^^

and people like you are exactly what's wrong with the world today. You're no better than the lady who spilled coffee on herself then sued mcdonalds for it being hot...

there is an inherent risk posed when going to a GA show, which is that a mosh pit might form... you WILL get pushed or shoved, beer MAY be spilled on you.

This is not assault, this is what is to be expected when going to a rock show. you won't be babied in the pit, if you don't like it, get out.

No, I don't enjoy elbows in the face, or beer on my shirt, or drunk assholes fumbling through the words of songs that we all know, but assault? jesus christ man, what is wrong with you? go seat up in the bleachers if you can't stand it...

PS. If you stand your ground when shoved, or lean against the people with you in the pit, they'll support you. We're all in this together, we don't want to see anyone go down, that's why it's okay when people cram against us, or shove us, or use us as a support....
Back to top Go down
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 10:59 am

[quote="turnitin2004"][quote="J.B.R."]
Gumption wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
If you don't like people dancing/moshing then go in the back or buy the upper level seats.

No no. Thats not how it works. I am allowed to buy a ticket where ever I'd like. I am also allowed to stand there and enjoy the show.

If you would like to dance and "mosh" that is fine. But the second I am getting pushed or shoved to the the ground, or having people spill beer on me, then it becomes assault. I shouldn't have to buy bad tickets to avoid getting shoved. That's not how life works.

LOL Dude! Then just don't go and enjoy shows from your home theather so you won't get beer spilled on you. I bet you're the type who over reacts (and start fights) when being pushed by "accident"? I hope not. There's too many people like that at rock/punk shows.

But i'm totally against those who "mosh" too hard with their elbows up in your face and kicking you in the back or the nuts. Or those who are seeking for "revenge" because you "hit" them good and are kinda pissed. If your EGO is too big for this kinda shit, then just stay away from the pits.

You guys should just stick to the back or the sides.
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 11:56 am

[quote="Phil Rockabill"][quote="turnitin2004"]
J.B.R. wrote:
Gumption wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

LOL Dude! Then just don't go and enjoy shows from your home theather so you won't get beer spilled on you. I bet you're the type who over reacts (and start fights) when being pushed by "accident"? I hope not. There's too many people like that at rock/punk shows.

But i'm totally against those who "mosh" too hard with their elbows up in your face and kicking you in the back or the nuts. Or those who are seeking for "revenge" because you "hit" them good and are kinda pissed. If your EGO is too big for this kinda shit, then just stay away from the pits.

You guys should just stick to the back or the sides.

You really don't get it do you.

It's not a little beer. If thats accidental then whatever. But if I'm standing there watching the show, and someone purposely shoves me to the ground thats not allowed. I'm not sure what world you live in where thats okay. If you idiots want to go into the pit and push eachother and kill eachother great, I'd be glad to watch all of you leave with concussions. Mosh all youd like. But the second that one of you pushes me on purpose for not being in the pit then it becomes a problem.

At the show I was standing there minding my own business when one of the moshers was pushed out of the circle. On his way back into the circle he decided to shove me almost to the ground. I'm 6'4 210 pounds...its not easy to shove me to the ground, you have to be trying.

I'm not sure what type of society you grew up in, but in my world you're not allowed to shove me. Mosh all you'd like with the rest of the idiots, leave me out of it.
Back to top Go down
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 12:06 pm

Two peanuts walked into a gaslight show, and one was a-salted
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 12:33 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:

"No no. Thats not how it works. I am allowed to buy a ticket where ever I'd like. I am also allowed to stand there and enjoy the show.

If you would like to dance and "mosh" that is fine. But the second I am getting pushed or shoved to the the ground, or having people spill beer on me, then it becomes assault. I shouldn't have to buy bad tickets to avoid getting shoved. That's not how life works."

-------------------------- I don't know how to properly use the quoting thing, but I am responding to the quote above ^^^^

and people like you are exactly what's wrong with the world today. You're no better than the lady who spilled coffee on herself then sued mcdonalds for it being hot...

Those aren't really close to the same thing. Someone spilling coffee ON THEMSELVES, and me going to a concert and getting an elbow to the eye FROM SOMEONE ELSE are different.

Why shouldn't I be allowed to go to a concert and stand there and enjoy myself listening to the music without getting shoved? Please just tell me that.

I am not standing in the middle of the pit. I was at the beginning, the pit formed, and I moved to the side of it to avoid idiots. One of the idiots got pushed out of the circle knocking over some highschool girl. Thats okay? On his way back into the pit, apparently mad he was pushed out of the pit he decided to shove me from the side into the pit, where I had to extract myself once again.

How is it possible that the "moshers" are in the right, and that I need to stay home. I'm not allowed to go enjoy a show because people are going to be idiots? That sounds fair to you?
Back to top Go down
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 12:37 pm

Wait so you actually got elbowed in the eye?

People getting knocked over is an "occupational hazard". Like we all said and admitted before, there will always be that one or two people being idiots, just like every situation in life. Your job, school, life in general you can't avoid running into these types of people. But to cry "assault" is really not called for.
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 12:40 pm

I didn't cry assault. It's not like I went and found a cop, or security over it. I know its going to happen, and as long as it isn't too bad its fine. Technically it probably is assault.

yes I took an elbow right under the eye, basically above my cheek but below my eye. it wasn't that bad, but who knows next time it might be.

All i'm saying it we are all there to enjoy the concert. I don't plan on ruining your time, so do your best to be considerate of me as well. thats all.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 12:44 pm

turnitin2004 wrote:
rkirkpatrick25 wrote:

Those aren't really close to the same thing. Someone spilling coffee ON THEMSELVES, and me going to a concert and getting an elbow to the eye FROM SOMEONE ELSE are different.

Why shouldn't I be allowed to go to a concert and stand there and enjoy myself listening to the music without getting shoved? Please just tell me that.

I am not standing in the middle of the pit. I was at the beginning, the pit formed, and I moved to the side of it to avoid idiots. One of the idiots got pushed out of the circle knocking over some highschool girl. Thats okay? On his way back into the pit, apparently mad he was pushed out of the pit he decided to shove me from the side into the pit, where I had to extract myself once again.

How is it possible that the "moshers" are in the right, and that I need to stay home. I'm not allowed to go enjoy a show because people are going to be idiots? That sounds fair to you?

Agreed...

kind of ridiculous that moshers think their fun should take precedent over the rest of us trying to enjoy the show...

is gaslight's music really that aggressive for mosh pits ? At least to me it's definitely sing along with Brian and dance. Not really pushing strangers around to rock on, but maybe i'm wrong...
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 12:57 pm

chanter wrote:
turnitin2004 wrote:
rkirkpatrick25 wrote:

Agreed...

kind of ridiculous that moshers think their fun should take precedent over the rest of us trying to enjoy the show...

is gaslight's music really that aggressive for mosh pits ? At least to me it's definitely sing along with Brian and dance. Not really pushing strangers around to rock on, but maybe i'm wrong...

I never really understood why people mosh at gaslight shows either, but I've got to accept it for what it is and learn to deal with it by protecting myself, elbows in and flowing with the movement of the crowd.

There are assholes out there who will try to knock you down, etc. but that's just a part of going to a show.

Now having said that, I've found that shows in NJ are the ones that have the most intense mosh pits. The shows I've seen in CA, D.C., Richmond and Baltimore were nowhere near as violent, more of a jumping, fist pumping and singing along kind of vibe, not elbows flaring vibe.

Last edited by rkirkpatrick25 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 1:02 pm

I was on the rail right in front of Brian the past 2 shows in Boston... the girl I was with both years got injured. The first time it was a concussion from a crowdsurfer's boot to the head, which warranted 3 ER visits over the next 8 days. The second time a crowdsurfer fell on her and she got bent over the rail. It sucks that you have to deal with that after waiting out for 8 hours to see your favorite band.
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 1:37 pm

turnitin2004 wrote:

someone getting pushed out of a pit doesn't necessarily make that person an idiot. that said, shoving someone INTO a pit definitely does.

moosicmaniac wrote:
I was on the rail right in front of Brian the past 2 shows in Boston... the girl I was with both years got injured. The first time it was a concussion from a crowdsurfer's boot to the head, which warranted 3 ER visits over the next 8 days. The second time a crowdsurfer fell on her and she got bent over the rail. It sucks that you have to deal with that after waiting out for 8 hours to see your favorite band.

let's end this debate by all just agreeing that crowdsurfing is the absolute worst.

and in terms of gaslight being moshable, i enjoy moshing for the faster sink or swim songs but i agree that most of it is not moshable.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 1:43 pm

you guys would've loved fugazi.
Back to top Go down
dustinpardue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 2:05 pm

I don't post a lot here, mainly just read. However this was an amazing show. Beer spill or no beer spill!

http://www.examiner.com/music-in-winstonsalem/the-future-of-rock-emerges-the-gaslight-anthem-12-9-11-asbury-park-nj-review?CID=examiner_alerts_article
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 2:41 pm

great review man, thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 3:04 pm

turnitin2004 wrote:

If you idiots want to go into the pit and push eachother and kill eachother great, I'd be glad to watch all of you leave with concussions.
TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 20 H6i38
TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 20 Mi3EB

take a chill pill, dude
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 4:10 pm

I accept going into every show that I attend that a mosh pit may form. So I pick a spot to stand that's off to the side. Because 9 times out of 10, the pits form in the middle of the floor.

No it's not a mosher's right to shove the rest of us around or even their right to mosh exactly, but it happens anyway. To be honest I've never had a psycho mosher drag me into the pit unwillingly or been over-the-top shoved where I considered it assault.

There's a weird trust in a mosh pit, like picking each other up if you fall and also the understanding that if you don't want to be in it, they're not going to shove you when it's obvious you don't want to be a part of it. Of course there will be a few straggler jackasses who go against this but they'll get it in the end when someone fights back and knocks them to the ground. This brings to mind one time when Billie Joe (Green Day) brought up a kid from the crowd and had him stagedive. The kid, who was old enough to know better, went FEET FIRST into the crowd, so naturally the seas parted and he landed on his ass. Billie Joe said something like "That's what happens when you decide to be an asshole."

Honestly, the worst violence I've seen happens when people try to shove their way down front. Those are the people I just want to throttle because they're so obnoxious. But usually they end up pissing off so many people that security kicks them out anyway.

Look, wherever there's loud, fast music, beer and people with mental issues, something's gonna happen. If you can't deal with it, then yeah, stay home. I know plenty of people who don't like concerts altogether for all these reasons so they don't even go. I kinda like the chaos I guess. And in the end, when I have a night like Friday, it's all worth putting up with.

/dissertation

PS Hello fellow Examiner!
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 8:32 pm

Although at first I was a little pissed when the pit started as I've said before I was in the perfect spot to see and hear everything before it happened, I don't think for one minute that the moshers are out to hurt anyone. Last year I was at a Dillinger Escape Plan gig (of all bands) and found myself unfortunately caught on the edge of the pit and was knocked over, but everyone immediately stopped to pick me up and check if I was all right.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 8:42 pm

How about this- one night I was enjoying adult beverages and lost my balance when a mosher knocked into me. I was literally sitting on the floor in the middle of the pit looking up at everyone. I didn't even get hurt. They just kinda danced around me instead. Then my friends yanked me out because they are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 1:17 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I accept going into every show that I attend that a mosh pit may form. So I pick a spot to stand that's off to the side. Because 9 times out of 10, the pits form in the middle of the floor.

No it's not a mosher's right to shove the rest of us around or even their right to mosh exactly, but it happens anyway. To be honest I've never had a psycho mosher drag me into the pit unwillingly or been over-the-top shoved where I considered it assault.

There's a weird trust in a mosh pit, like picking each other up if you fall and also the understanding that if you don't want to be in it, they're not going to shove you when it's obvious you don't want to be a part of it. Of course there will be a few straggler jackasses who go against this but they'll get it in the end when someone fights back and knocks them to the ground. This brings to mind one time when Billie Joe (Green Day) brought up a kid from the crowd and had him stagedive. The kid, who was old enough to know better, went FEET FIRST into the crowd, so naturally the seas parted and he landed on his ass. Billie Joe said something like "That's what happens when you decide to be an asshole."

Honestly, the worst violence I've seen happens when people try to shove their way down front. Those are the people I just want to throttle because they're so obnoxious. But usually they end up pissing off so many people that security kicks them out anyway.

Look, wherever there's loud, fast music, beer and people with mental issues, something's gonna happen. If you can't deal with it, then yeah, stay home. I know plenty of people who don't like concerts altogether for all these reasons so they don't even go. I kinda like the chaos I guess. And in the end, when I have a night like Friday, it's all worth putting up with.

/dissertation

PS Hello fellow Examiner!

Very well said, sir.

I'd also like to add that a lot of new gaslight fans aren't from the "punk scene" and aren't really used to all the moshing at shows. It seems like they the ones who complains the most. Like someone said previously, TGA have punk roots.
Back to top Go down
wolfpac2056
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Asbury Show Audio?    TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 4:59 pm

I followed the links to download the audio of the show and both links provide "samples." Does anyone know of a link to get the full show?
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:51 pm

The Dime link is for a torrent. Here's a Mediafire link. It's a lot simpler unless you want FLAC files, in which case you'll need to use a torrent program. But most people just want MP3, so here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?ozafarecv6vl1de
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TGA Live in NJ this Dec......
Page 20 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next