DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos

Go down 
+23
MKULTRA
Bea
MariaCasanova
loazis
Atlantis
IKeeptheDiner
plugga
Harbortown
Debonair
acousticbandit
Sally
StopAndSlideToTheRight
J.B.R.
riversedge
Shrewsbury_Stars
TGAFAN25
40 Miler
steffuhnee
Gaslight23
Jerseyrain
steady now steady now
NeverTrustAJunkie
enola
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 9:34 pm

How about... it's ok if you like her, and it's ok if you don't.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 9:35 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
How about... it's ok if you like her, and it's ok if you don't.
Nice try!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 9:39 pm

Back on topic... if anyone else comes across more photos of the show I'd love to see them. I hate seeing bunches of photographers at shows and then never being able to see what they shot. I always wonder who they're shooting for and what happens to these photos they took!
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 2:09 am

she does have the nice breasts
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 2:25 am

WingsForWheels wrote:
she does have the nice breasts
They're her best quality.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 6:30 pm

Just found a video of Ladykiller incl. The Cure's Pictures Of You ending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xui-aVWOUM8
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 7:56 pm

enola wrote:

YES!
Back to top Go down
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 8:18 pm

enola wrote:

Cool! Ladykiller is definitely my favorite.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 8:45 pm

Maybe most have been posted but ap.net did a nice collective here

http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2434262
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 12:14 am

One thing I forgot to mention was I happened to get a pick from the show, not sure who's because the help just threw it during clean up, and also the concert posters (which were being sold)are hand numbered at the bottom in pencil, my brother and I got/38 and 39
Back to top Go down
Atlantis
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 12:54 am

Debonair wrote:
One thing I forgot to mention was I happened to get a pick from the show, not sure who's because the help just threw it during clean up, and also the concert posters (which were being sold)are hand numbered at the bottom in pencil, my brother and I got/38 and 39

Oh wow.. We just missed each other then.. I got 34, 35, and 36.. (one for me, my GF, and a friend who couldn't be there.
Back to top Go down
LoboJones
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
LoboJones

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 11:03 am

The show was truly fantastic. For those wondering if the live band was just thrown together for the show, have no fear the band was totally rehearsed and you would be hard pressed to argue that hadn't they been playing together for years. By now everyone has mentioned the covers and suprises so I'll just share a link to my pics from the evening.

http://lobojonesphoto.blogspot.com/2011/09/photos-horrible-crowes-bowery-ballroom.html

Also I recently opened a print shop. So if you are interested in photographs from Asbury Park, all 8x12 prints are now only $20 with FREE shipping.

You can check them out here:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/LoboJonesPhotography?ref=pr_shop
Back to top Go down
http://www.lobojones.com
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 8:23 pm

I've only gotten a few comments on the YouTube videos I posted but so far the reaction is positive. Unless of course it's you guys. But still. Glad they're going over well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:41 am

Its funny, I've been reading some of the comments on YouTube and people are like "what the hell, people are singing so loud" or "shut up your suppose to listen to the music" the funny thing is we really weren't singing to loud, and actually only a hand full of people actually knew the lyrics

Mainly the issue is you have hand held video recordings(most likely cell phone) in the crowd that doesn't pick up sound too well, basically, more than a couple of feet in front of you. So to the people who are saying someone is maybe having a conversation to loud. They really weren't.(believe me I was there) its just a shitty camera picking up shitty audio, that's it.

So instead of complaining how you can't get to hear it live, how about you show up to the concert and hear it for your self. It will sound ten times better and you'll see, people actually arnt singing over the music, its just the shitty cameras. Also you will be singing to when your there. Very Happy

Also if you just stood there for the first show of a new band and not showing any sign(like singing) that you like it besides at the end of the song,(clapping) the artist is going to think, well they don't like the music. Or the show isn't going to well. They use the first show and the response of the crowed to work on the others and fix what needs fixing .And we would not want Brian to think that we didnt think the show was awesome now would we.

I'm sure Brian was like" man they are really rocking this thing out look at them their really enjoying it"

Not- "I hope the YouTube listeners will be able to hear this OK, they're singing pretty darn loud"

Brian actually stated at the show that he hates the internet so much. To which I respond "yeah but the internet loves you." And he said "yeah I know its crazy"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:20 am

LoboJones wrote:
The show was truly fantastic. For those wondering if the live band was just thrown together for the show, have no fear the band was totally rehearsed and you would be hard pressed to argue that hadn't they been playing together for years. By now everyone has mentioned the covers and suprises so I'll just share a link to my pics from the evening.

http://lobojonesphoto.blogspot.com/2011/09/photos-horrible-crowes-bowery-ballroom.html

Also I recently opened a print shop. So if you are interested in photographs from Asbury Park, all 8x12 prints are now only $20 with FREE shipping.

You can check them out here:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/LoboJonesPhotography?ref=pr_shop

Great pics!!! Your blog is awesome, too. Love the interview with Ryan Russel! He seems like such a rad dude.
Back to top Go down
efofex
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
efofex

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:46 am

Were there any opening acts? How long does the entire show go until? Have to plan ahead, y'all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:56 am

punk news review

http://www.punknews.org/review/10572
Back to top Go down
Atlantis
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 9:16 pm

Debonair wrote:
Its funny, I've been reading some of the comments on YouTube and people are like "what the hell, people are singing so loud" or "shut up your suppose to listen to the music" the funny thing is we really weren't singing to loud, and actually only a hand full of people actually knew the lyrics

Mainly the issue is you have hand held video recordings(most likely cell phone) in the crowd that doesn't pick up sound too well, basically, more than a couple of feet in front of you. So to the people who are saying someone is maybe having a conversation to loud. They really weren't.(believe me I was there) its just a shitty camera picking up shitty audio, that's it.

You know that's a great point on the cell phone recordings..
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 12:00 pm

HOLY SHIT! Tiwards the end of Ladykiller he plays pictures of you by the cure!!! My heart just melted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos   THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THC at The Bowery Ballroom, NYC - Sep 8 - reports & photos
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4