DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Win a Horrible Crowes poster!

Go down 
+13
IKeeptheDiner
Shrewsbury_Stars
fullcollapse
Gaslight23
RobertODonnell
Kosburn59
enola
spgilbert
Bea
steady now steady now
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Debonair
El Jefe
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

Win a Horrible Crowes poster! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Win a Horrible Crowes poster!   Win a Horrible Crowes poster! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 6:46 pm

nightmre1225 wrote:
It's don't forget to drink your ovaltine

A crummy commercial? Son of a bitch!
Back to top Go down
nightmre1225
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Win a Horrible Crowes poster!   Win a Horrible Crowes poster! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 2:51 pm

I got second place!!!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Win a Horrible Crowes poster!   Win a Horrible Crowes poster! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 3:14 pm

El jefe just anounced on his twitter the answer is "lady killer" "Elsie" written in Morse code right beneath the birder cage

I don't know morse code so i had no chance Razz oh well, I already have both posters so it never really mattered, Congrats to the winner(s)
Back to top Go down
spgilbert
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Win a Horrible Crowes poster!   Win a Horrible Crowes poster! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 3:19 pm

i thought it was morse code, but when i tried to translate, it just became a random jumble of letters.
Back to top Go down
El Jefe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Win a Horrible Crowes poster!   Win a Horrible Crowes poster! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 3:21 pm

I did a Car Talk contest - ever right answer had a chance to be randomly selected. Thanks everyone who took a stab at this right or wrong. Hope it makes the poster a little cooler. You wouldn't believe what I put into the pre-order one...
Back to top Go down
http://www.eljefedesign.com
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Win a Horrible Crowes poster!   Win a Horrible Crowes poster! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 3:22 pm

spgilbert wrote:
i thought it was morse code, but when i tried to translate, it just became a random jumble of letters.

Same here, I got something like NQTUIE on the first line and then stopped trying.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Win a Horrible Crowes poster!   Win a Horrible Crowes poster! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 3:23 pm

El jefe, Is it Morse code as well? Or am I going to have to stare at my poster for 30 hours? Another contest?
Back to top Go down
spgilbert
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Win a Horrible Crowes poster!   Win a Horrible Crowes poster! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 3:24 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
spgilbert wrote:

Same here, I got something like NQTUIE on the first line and then stopped trying.

LOL....i got the exact same thing.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Win a Horrible Crowes poster!   Win a Horrible Crowes poster! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 3:28 pm

spgilbert wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
spgilbert wrote:

Yep, same. The second line I got "EIFF L" but the one before the L had no translation.
Back to top Go down
El Jefe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Win a Horrible Crowes poster!   Win a Horrible Crowes poster! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 3:33 pm

Tiy may be doing the wrong dots and dashes. some did the black, some people did the grey. That said, I got the coding off of googled translator and verified it from another site so I should be right. I also got ten right answers so SOME people out there could get it.
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Win a Horrible Crowes poster!   Win a Horrible Crowes poster! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 3:37 pm

El Jefe wrote:
You wouldn't believe what I put into the pre-order one...

Damn you! I'll never look at that poster the same way again!
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Win a Horrible Crowes poster!   Win a Horrible Crowes poster! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 3:47 pm

El Jefe wrote:
Tiy may be doing the wrong dots and dashes. some did the black, some people did the grey. That said, I got the coding off of googled translator and verified it from another site so I should be right. I also got ten right answers so SOME people out there could get it.

Should I have been looking at the black? I definitely did the gray. I also looked up 2 different morse code alphabets... apparently there's something like American or English, and then there's International...? No idea, but it was driving me crazy!
Back to top Go down
spgilbert
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Win a Horrible Crowes poster!   Win a Horrible Crowes poster! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 3:49 pm

hahahaha.....i was looking at the grey. i just translated using the black spaces. now i feel REALLY dumb. Smile
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Win a Horrible Crowes poster!   Win a Horrible Crowes poster! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 4:32 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
spgilbert wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
spgilbert wrote:

Yep, same. The second line I got "EIFF L" but the one before the L had no translation.

join the club; I thought it was that Eiffel fellow, but as the rest made no sense ... anyway, I ordered one of them posters
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Win a Horrible Crowes poster!   Win a Horrible Crowes poster! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 4:40 pm

Since I already have both posters, I was just trying to crack the code for fun. I'm glad I at least figured out where the message was and that it was morse code.

Thanks Jefe for letting us have a bit of fun.

So if Elsie is a ladykiller, does that mean she's into girls?
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Win a Horrible Crowes poster!   Win a Horrible Crowes poster! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 8:31 pm

Debonair wrote:
El jefe just anounced on his twitter the answer is "lady killer" "Elsie" written in Morse code right beneath the birder cage
what?? no way! that's the first thing i tried and i got some random letters that didn't mean anything, so i moved on to something else (staring at that damn bird without any results..). that sucks... well, whatever, let's try again next time study
Back to top Go down
El Jefe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Win a Horrible Crowes poster!   Win a Horrible Crowes poster! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 9:14 pm

She swings how she wants...
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Win a Horrible Crowes poster!   Win a Horrible Crowes poster! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 9:41 pm

Yeah I tried the morse code thing as well and got a bunch of gibberish. Oh well, glad to know I had the right idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Win a Horrible Crowes poster!   Win a Horrible Crowes poster! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 9:59 pm

Man, I looked at that for a bit but didn't dig any deeper. Oh, well. Guess I'll just have to buy it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Win a Horrible Crowes poster!   Win a Horrible Crowes poster! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Win a Horrible Crowes poster!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2