DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos!

Go down 
+10
stephendgaf
Bea
I am Incinerator
RobertODonnell
Harbortown
plugga
loazis
riversedge
StopAndSlideToTheRight
LuceroDiehard
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos! Empty
PostSubject: Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos!   Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:12 am

RT @briangaslight: Gaslight is cranking out new demos! I'm not gonna say what they sound like because I never stick to my comparisons! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos!   Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:44 am

bobbyw24 wrote:
RT @briangaslight: Gaslight is cranking out new demos! I'm not gonna say what they sound like because I never stick to my comparisons! Wink

Hahahhaa. So true about the comparisons. I think I'm gunna steer clear of all the previews for this gaslight album, like some people are doing for the crowes release.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos!   Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 12:39 pm

I think really he wants to say that he thinks there sounding killer really haha
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos!   Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 12:49 pm

It's gonna sound like Micheal Jackson jamming with Led Zep whilst Richard Wright is slammin' on the Hammond, Otis Redding and Gnarls Barkley doing the backing vocals and the lyrics are inspired by the Bloodhound Gang. Album cover will be a portrait of Bruce with a poorly photoshopped Dali moustache and a cowboy hat. It'll be called "Mac And Cheese If You Please".
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos!   Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 12:51 pm

loazis wrote:
It's gonna sound like Micheal Jackson jamming with Led Zep whilst Richard Wright is slammin' on the Hammond, Otis Redding and Gnarls Barkley doing the backing vocals and the lyrics are inspired by the Bloodhound Gang. Album cover will be a portrait of Bruce with a poorly photoshopped Dali moustache and a cowboy hat. It'll be called "Mac And Cheese If You Please".

Exactly what I had in mind.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos!   Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 12:54 pm

loazis wrote:

i'd buy it.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos!   Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 1:14 pm

Just bought the red vinyl Elsie. I dont even have a turntable and im still stoked
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos!   Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 1:15 pm

loazis wrote:
and the lyrics are inspired by the Bloodhound Gang.
hahahaha
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos!   Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 2:56 pm

StopAndSlideToTheRight wrote:
bobbyw24 wrote:

Hahahhaa. So true about the comparisons. I think I'm gunna steer clear of all the previews for this gaslight album, like some people are doing for the crowes release.
Well, I always say that I'm going to do that, but I never have to willpower to do it. I definitely won't download a leak, though.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos!   Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 6:42 pm

Cant believe the HC album hasn't leaked... brian must of scared them off Wink
Back to top Go down
I am Incinerator
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos!   Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 2:42 pm

I will be stoked if there is a B3 on this album. In my eyes that is an element that is missing from the songs, if done tastefully. If not a hammond, then a tasteful wurli or rhodes would be cool!

I'm just looking forward to some new tunes.

@ riversedge: You gotta get yourself a turntable. I wouldn't have half of the cool stuff I have with out a wicked vinyl collection., and I don't really even collect vinyl What a Face Needless to say, awesome score! cheers
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos!   Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 2:43 pm

I am Incinerator wrote:
I will be stoked if there is a B3 on this album. In my eyes that is an element that is missing from the songs, if done tastefully. If not a hammond, then a tasteful wurli or rhodes would be cool!

I'm just looking forward to some new tunes.

@ riversedge: You gotta get yourself a turntable. I wouldn't have half of the cool stuff I have with out a wicked vinyl collection., and I don't really even collect vinyl What a Face Needless to say, awesome score! cheers

Gaslight + Rhodes = awesome idea.

If you like rhodes check out The Whitest Boy Alive, they have some awesome tracks.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos!   Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 3:08 pm

If you like rhodes check out The Whitest Boy Alive, they have some awesome tracks.
am i the only one wondering what's up with all those names? The Whitest Boy Alive, The Tallest Man On Earth... what's next?

ps: @riversedge get a turntable! Wink
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos!   Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 4:07 pm

Bea wrote:
am i the only one wondering what's up with all those names? The Whitest Boy Alive, The Tallest Man On Earth... what's next?

ps: @riversedge get a turntable! Wink

Hahaha, well they're both amazing artists, maybe I should embark on a musical voyage under the name of the most annoying teen alive >< Seriously though, check them out. All Ears and Burning are good songs.

@riversedge How can you not have a turntable??!! It makes you fall in love with music all over again.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos!   Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 4:11 pm

All my friends are like "digital is so much better" so im in two minds!!!
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos!   Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 5:01 pm

may be in the minority but im much more excited about this new than the upcoming horrible crowes album.

@riversedge digital is better for well, the easiness of it but vinyl sounds so good. thats my 2cents.
Back to top Go down
spgilbert
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos!   Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 5:51 pm

i like vinyl....not just the sound, but the whole process and big album art and...well, pretty much everything about it.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos!   Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 6:15 pm

Yeah I love the whole process and what not of having a vinyl... i feel like i'd appreciate the sound more from a turntable rather than just buying something on itunes
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos!   Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 6:44 pm

spgilbert wrote:
i like vinyl....not just the sound, but the whole process and big album art and...well, pretty much everything about it.
yes, love the large album art. and sitting down and reading the lyric sheet while spinning it. good times.
Back to top Go down
I am Incinerator
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos!   Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:14 pm

I always feel like I cheat myself when I buy digitally formatted music. To me, the whole experience of an album from getting to walk into a brick and mortar music store thumbing through the selection or waiting patiently for that release day to come and catching a midnight sale or waiting in the parking lot. then getting home and opening the case/sleeve and put the record or disk in the player and sink in with the music with the album art and insert in your hand. Then when the album is over, put it back on to wrap your mind around it. I just read that the last "secondary" location of my favorite indie music store is closing. When 10-15 years ago there was atleast half a dozen store locations

I just can't do that with any itunes purchases I've made. Yes, sometimes itunes is necessary for somethings.
Back to top Go down
amberfoyd
A Contender
A Contender
amberfoyd

PostSubject: Re: Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos!   Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:15 am

stephendgaf wrote:
spgilbert wrote:
yes, love the large album art. and sitting down and reading the lyric sheet while spinning it. good times.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twiter.com/amberfoyd
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos!   Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 3:49 pm

When you listen to vinyl, you listen. Actively, not passively. Sure, I listen to my iPod on the train, but it just isn't the same. The whole ritual of putting on a record really grabs your attention and makes you focus on the music.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos!   Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 7:15 pm

Whenever I listen to music on my iPod, I listen actively. I can't see why you wouldn't.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos!   Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 7:33 pm

i do too, i listen to my ipod a lot and i actually pay attention to what i'm listening most of the time. on the other hand, i also like putting a record on the record player and have it playing as background music while i'm doing chores around the house, so obviously not every time i put a record on i sit down and listen actively.

i think the fact of having a physical copy of an album is something much more personal than just clicking a button and having some mp3 files on the computer. i love vinyl not because of how much or less attention you pay to the album that's playing (that obviously depends of the moment) or because of the sound quality or any of that, but because of the whole process of having the actual record and the artwork and everything in my hands.

but then again, to each its own. none of my friends have record players nor vinyl and it doesn't mean they appreciate music any less than i do.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos!   Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 7:46 pm

Theres various levels of listening , i do the same thing when cleaning dishes or something, when i am an the train i alternate between active listening and falling asleep but the most active is late at night with headphones on and the lyrics either from the booklet or online , i personally don't think that vinyl makes you listen more attentively or actively it depends more on the environment that you are in while you are listening.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos!   Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian tweets that Gaslight is cranking out new Demos!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next