DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The National

Go down 
+23
HorribleCrowe
eagles1139
Holland
Jack
Harbortown
Gaslight23
joe
colmillionaire
Camus
DeathoftheCool
Christophe
JJW319
Stalls_Standing
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Kilgore Trout
drifter69
riversedge
Joe Jack
03aarm
plugga
Bea
Jukebox Romeo
CluckyB
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

The National - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The National   The National - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 6:27 am

I am a huge fan. haha
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: The National   The National - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 5:32 am

You guys, Trouble Will Find Me leaked recently and it is so good. Feel like it's their best and smoothest album. Sorry for spamming up the forum but this simply must be said. The National are a fuckin excellent band in my book. Get excited for this album
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: The National   The National - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 1:35 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
You guys, Trouble Will Find Me leaked recently and it is so good. Feel like it's their best and smoothest album. Sorry for spamming up the forum but this simply must be said. The National are a fuckin excellent band in my book. Get excited for this album

I'm with you. Easily my next favorite band after Gaslight. This might be their best album, and that's a lot for me to say because Alligator and Boxer are 2 of my favorite albums ever.

Jesus, the lyrics on this album. Berninger is really the best American songwriter going right now.

Graceless is one of their all time best songs. But every song is fantastic, Hard to Find is the only one not hitting me yet.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: The National   The National - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 1:42 pm

I don't listen to leaks but yeah everything I've heard about this record is good. Hope they steam it sometime next week. Don't Swallow the Cap is probably one of my five favorite songs they've ever done though.

And like, TWY and Captain this week. Front Bottoms and the National next week. From what I've heard, all four are pretty excellent and can at least atest to the first two. Anyone who says who wished they lived in the 60s or 70s for the musical scene because there isn't any good new music is flat out wrong.
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: The National   The National - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 4:51 pm

I was pumped about it after the first few songs spinning around on tumblr.

After listening to the whole album two times my high hopes have been taken down, also this "down" is somewhere up with the gaslight stuff and maybe above Boxer, High Violet, Alligator and their two older albums.
So all in all it's a fuckn fantastic record!

"I Need My Girl" is my favorite now but i think the other songs will grow on me through late night car drives Smile
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: The National   The National - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 6:20 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:

I'm with you. Easily my next favorite band after Gaslight. This might be their best album, and that's a lot for me to say because Alligator and Boxer are 2 of my favorite albums ever.

Jesus, the lyrics on this album. Berninger is really the best American songwriter going right now.

Graceless is one of their all time best songs. But every song is fantastic, Hard to Find is the only one not hitting me yet.

I agree with you, Hard To Find is the only one i don't love. I Should Live in Salt, Demons, Slipped, I Need My Girl, Humiliation, and Pink Rabbits are incredible
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: The National   The National - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 8:28 pm

I don't know if Trouble Will Find Me will end up topping Alligator or High Violet for me but it's pretty great. I'll be pretty surprised if it's not my favorite album of the year.

As a couple people said before, nearly every track is solid but Graceless, Slipped, and Sea of Love are my top 3 thus far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The National   The National - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 5:54 am

waiting till Tuesday to hear but....the wait is sooo hard
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The National   The National - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 7:07 pm

Hopefully picking up my copy tomorrow now that it's out here in the UK. I have HIGH expectations Smile
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: The National   The National - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 9:49 am

europe/uk summer tour between the festivals anyone?!
they've announced a warsaw, cologne and dublin gig in june/ july till now.
i still have'nt seen them live also they're high up on my must-see-live-list Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The National   The National - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 12:18 pm

I've just watched the 'Mistaken for Strangers' film and I must say it is pretty great. I didn't read anything about the movie so was completely blown away by the comedy and emotion in it. For what is basically just over one hour I highly recommend it.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: The National   The National - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 6:18 pm

The Last Jukebox Romeo wrote:
I've just watched the 'Mistaken for Strangers' film and I must say it is pretty great. I didn't read anything about the movie so was completely blown away by the comedy and emotion in it. For what is basically just over one hour I highly recommend it.

Just checked it out as well. A fine film indeed
Back to top Go down
SarahSarahSarah
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SarahSarahSarah

PostSubject: Re: The National   The National - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 2:21 pm

Anybody here have a chance to listen to the new album yet? I'm just getting acquainted but haven't fully formed an opinion yet. The opening track is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: The National   The National - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 5:37 pm

Yeah I gave it two or three listens.
It doesn't feel as organic (for lack of a better word) as I would expect from a National record. Big, cloudy (again with the fucking words) arrangements of piano and drums, some soft guitars in the background. It's more electronic, I guess?

I reaaaaally love Dark side of the gym, though. It's sweet.
Back to top Go down
SarahSarahSarah
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SarahSarahSarah

PostSubject: Re: The National   The National - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 6:47 pm

For sure. Definitely more electronic on this record than past ones have been. Which I don't dislike, but it's taking me a second to get used to it. I feel like the members have gotten some influence/inspiration from their side projects and such.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The National   The National - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The National
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4