DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE)

Go down 
+17
40 Miler
ral
Vibes
Joe Jack
StopAndSlideToTheRight
acousticbandit
carryon820
Prisoner
riversedge
steady now steady now
MKULTRA
simo
Jay
IKeeptheDiner
Gaslight23
Bea
LuceroDiehard
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE)   benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 2:20 pm

Joe Jack wrote:
Seeing how it ends with the intro to Great Expectations, it might have been the first song on the album. Bands have done odder intros so I guess it's not too much of a stretch.

Seeing as it's a demo, they may have recorded the tracks in a different order.
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE)   benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 3:40 pm

could also have been an outro song...

for the loved ones fans of the board, recall the end of keep your heart where dave belts out the chorus to suture self as an outro to the album. i thought it was an awesome idea. it gave the album closure and always made me want to listen to the whole thing over again!!!
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE)   benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 6:32 pm

I wonder if they recorded this before Great Expectations with that piece of the outro, scrapped the song, kept the outro and wrote Great Expectations?
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE)   benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 7:13 pm

riversedge wrote:
Prisoner wrote:
I really dig this track! Too bad it didn't end up on the '59 Sound

Think it would of fit?

If you've ever seen the outtakes for Springsteen's Darkness on the Edge album, there's so many of them but listening to them all (mainly on the promise) none of them fit on the album. But maybe it's just because you've already listened to the record how it is.

Hmm maybe not, although this sounds the closest to something from 1959 than anything on the '59 Sound

This song could be amazing if polished up and stronger whoahs.
The following lyric could be amazing live: 'Every man, every woman with a burden raise your hands'

and it's nice to hear a different chord progression from the band
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: temp   benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 8:16 pm

Prisoner wrote:
riversedge wrote:
Prisoner wrote:
I really dig this track! Too bad it didn't end up on the '59 Sound

Think it would of fit?

If you've ever seen the outtakes for Springsteen's Darkness on the Edge album, there's so many of them but listening to them all (mainly on the promise) none of them fit on the album. But maybe it's just because you've already listened to the record how it is.

Hmm maybe not, although this sounds the closest to something from 1959 than anything on the '59 Sound

This song could be amazing if polished up and stronger whoahs.
The following lyric could be amazing live: 'Every man, every woman with a burden raise your hands'

and it's nice to hear a different chord progression from the band

Yeah I was going to say, I love the chord progression on this. Reminds a bit at the start of having a party by Sam Cooke
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE)   benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 9:16 pm

I'm not asking for a rip. If one happened to show up in my inbox I wouldn't be angry though...
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE)   benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 9:35 pm

Vibes wrote:
I'm not asking for a rip. If one happened to show up in my inbox I wouldn't be angry though...

You can listen to it for free online - if you want the MP3, then go and pay your $8 - it's a charity release, for goodness sake!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE)   benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 9:55 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
Vibes wrote:

You can listen to it for free online - if you want the MP3, then go and pay your $8 - it's a charity release, for goodness sake!!

seriously.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE)   benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 10:43 pm

I'm not home. I will when I get there Smile
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE)   benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 11:13 pm

I wish you could buy individual tracks off of it for $1. Are the other bands/songs good? Not really familiar with any of them.
Back to top Go down
40 Miler
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE)   benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 7:05 am

If they put this up for $1 i'd buy it but i can't afford to buy the whole album.
Back to top Go down
Blue_Collar_Man
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Blue_Collar_Man

PostSubject: Re: benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE)   benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 9:35 am

Nah, wouldn't fit the album, I think

BUT, I like it. Has a good twang in it and good build-up.
It's a cool extra, maybe something we should shout for it while standing in front of a stage during one of the shows Very Happy

Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE)   benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 5:46 pm

I think that the moment towards the end when he sings "we are our fathers' sons" and the song kicks off would be amazing live.
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE)   benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 12:55 pm

The first 30 seconds kind of sounder like a Lucero to me. This song has already weaseled itself into my top 10 gaslight songs, let's see where it gets to from there. Would have prefered this to Backsat in all honesty if it had been stuck on at the end of 59 sound.
Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

PostSubject: Re: benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE)   benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 5:27 pm

Just listened to Biloxi Parish agian and the wee speech/explaination thing Brian does at the start.

I think this is what he meant when he spoke of 'eye ball songs', songs that dont spound like the rest of the album
Back to top Go down
rapnati
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE)   benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 10:00 am

thanks for interesting post!))
Back to top Go down
http://essaywritingservices.org/book-report.php
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE)   benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

benefit release: The Gaslight Anthem - Our Father's Sons -'08 Demo (EXCLUSIVE)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2