DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog in

 

 Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Empty
PostSubject: Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder   Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 7:28 pm

Tweeted by Spiro Agnew

link: http://bottomfeedernj.bandcamp.com/
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

Posts : 439
Join date : 2009-09-26
Age : 26
Location : Edmonton, AB

Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder   Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 7:40 pm

sounds lovely
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Posts : 6728
Join date : 2011-04-13
Age : 30
Location : Kingdom of the Swedes

Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder   Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 8:40 pm

Wow, this is Benny's band? Awesome.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

Posts : 601
Join date : 2009-12-12
Age : 27
Location : Downstate, NY

Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder   Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 8:59 pm

sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder   Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 1:47 am

according to punknews.org the members are:

"Cory Perez of Let Me Run and Benjamin Horowitz of the Gaslight Anthem, along with friends Dan and Mike from Gates, and another pal Derek."
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

Posts : 577
Join date : 2009-02-06
Age : 32
Location : The Netherlands

Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder   Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 5:08 am

I like the music, but not a fan of the vocals..
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Posts : 3277
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder   Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 5:51 am

Prisoner wrote:
I like the music, but not a fan of the vocals..

same here; I prefer this sort of thing when there are some clear vocals as well, like with 'In Flames'

but at least Benny gets to let rip

also, here's Benny's related blog post and the bands Facebook

http://ohlookhoworiginal.blogspot.com/2011/08/shameless-self-promotion.html

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bottomfeeder/219810618039694

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org    |    www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Guest
Guest



Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder   Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 10:58 pm

Not my type of music, but it's not bad. Would probably be super fun to play in a band like this, though!
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Posts : 1983
Join date : 2009-07-03
Age : 28
Location : Columbia, Missouri

Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder   Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 2:43 am

I like it.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Posts : 6728
Join date : 2011-04-13
Age : 30
Location : Kingdom of the Swedes

Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder   Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 1:53 pm

I would have expected there to be more hardcore fans on this forum.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Posts : 1983
Join date : 2009-07-03
Age : 28
Location : Columbia, Missouri

Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder   Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 2:10 pm

Honestly the vocals are kinda clear as far as this style of music goes. I didn't have any problem understanding the words which is usually the toughest thing with hardcore.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

Posts : 577
Join date : 2009-02-06
Age : 32
Location : The Netherlands

Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder   Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 6:11 pm

I'm a fan of hardcore, but mostly the oldschool stuff where the singer shouts in his normal voice.
Not a fan of this type of singing.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody


Posts : 965
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 58
Location : midlands uk

Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder   Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 3:14 am

Its a bit to heavy for me , music is ok but I dont like the voice to much, im not sure about all the side projects going on, seems very odd timeing to me, the next album could really make or break them after the success of Slang, by playing more or less just festivals this year after a fantastic 2010 , I think maybe all the work should have been on the next album, talking to guys at work who ive gotten to be fringe fans , they kinda dont get the side projects at this stage at all.Seems like the foot has come off the gas a bit.
Back to top Go down
nebraska
A Contender
A Contender
nebraska

Posts : 151
Join date : 2011-05-15
Age : 29
Location : Chile

Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder   Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 3:56 am

I love it! sounds like the carrier. I love this kind of hardcore
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Posts : 6728
Join date : 2011-04-13
Age : 30
Location : Kingdom of the Swedes

Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder   Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 6:00 am

brucesboots wrote:
Its a bit to heavy for me , music is ok but I dont like the voice to much, im not sure about all the side projects going on, seems very odd timeing to me, the next album could really make or break them after the success of Slang, by playing more or less just festivals this year after a fantastic 2010 , I think maybe all the work should have been on the next album, talking to guys at work who ive gotten to be fringe fans , they kinda dont get the side projects at this stage at all.Seems like the foot has come off the gas a bit.
Why do you have to put such a serious label on the word sideproject?

He's just having fun playing some hardcore, man. It doesn't take that much time and effort to write two songs, rehearse them and record them. They're musicians first and foremost, not employees of Gaslight Anthem Inc. or anything.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody


Posts : 965
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 58
Location : midlands uk

Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder   Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 7:54 am

Harbortown wrote:
brucesboots wrote:
Its a bit to heavy for me , music is ok but I dont like the voice to much, im not sure about all the side projects going on, seems very odd timeing to me, the next album could really make or break them after the success of Slang, by playing more or less just festivals this year after a fantastic 2010 , I think maybe all the work should have been on the next album, talking to guys at work who ive gotten to be fringe fans , they kinda dont get the side projects at this stage at all.Seems like the foot has come off the gas a bit.
Why do you have to put such a serious label on the word sideproject?

He's just having fun playing some hardcore, man. It doesn't take that much time and effort to write two songs, rehearse them and record them. They're musicians first and foremost, not employees of Gaslight Anthem Inc. or anything.

For a bit of fun , yepp fine , I guess the internet has made life much more different for the music buisness these days , in the past you more than likely wouldnt of even heard it, im just a little concerned that the momentum has been a little lost this year with no headline tour etc, the next album is going to be a massive statement to where TGA are going. The next 12 months could make or break them, at the end of 2010 they were touching distance to going up to a new level , I just hope that by the release of the next album the fringe fans are still hanging around . And I agree first and foremost they are musicians , but im sure that the sort of $$$$ they could earn as TGA is important aswell.
Back to top Go down
Crockin
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Crockin

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-08-02
Age : 29
Location : Small town in the middle of the UK

Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder   Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 11:36 am

I really really like it. Been listening to a lot of hardcore recently though. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/crockin
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Posts : 3277
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder   Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 1:39 pm

brucesboots wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
brucesboots wrote:
Its a bit to heavy for me , music is ok but I dont like the voice to much, im not sure about all the side projects going on, seems very odd timeing to me, the next album could really make or break them after the success of Slang, by playing more or less just festivals this year after a fantastic 2010 , I think maybe all the work should have been on the next album, talking to guys at work who ive gotten to be fringe fans , they kinda dont get the side projects at this stage at all.Seems like the foot has come off the gas a bit.
Why do you have to put such a serious label on the word sideproject?

He's just having fun playing some hardcore, man. It doesn't take that much time and effort to write two songs, rehearse them and record them. They're musicians first and foremost, not employees of Gaslight Anthem Inc. or anything.

For a bit of fun , yepp fine , I guess the internet has made life much more different for the music buisness these days , in the past you more than likely wouldnt of even heard it, im just a little concerned that the momentum has been a little lost this year with no headline tour etc, the next album is going to be a massive statement to where TGA are going. The next 12 months could make or break them, at the end of 2010 they were touching distance to going up to a new level , I just hope that by the release of the next album the fringe fans are still hanging around . And I agree first and foremost they are musicians , but im sure that the sort of $$$$ they could earn as TGA is important aswell.

It is clear from Benny's latest blog entry, which mentions both the Bottomfeeder, the Spiro Agnew gig, and work on the next Gaslight Anthem album, that while the first two of these are fun, Gaslight Anthem is the big one. At least that's how I read it. Bottomfeeder and Spiro Agnew aren't really goining anywhere just now (and possibly aren't even intended to). What will happen with Brian's 'Elise' is quite another thing.

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org    |    www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Posts : 1580
Join date : 2009-05-31
Age : 30
Location : Philadelphia, PA

Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder   Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:36 pm

sweet playing a show 15 mins away:

Saturday
September 24, 2011

Lansdale VFW
805 W. 2nd Street
Lansdale, PA
19446

BOTTOMFEEDER (tri-state)
FIGHT IT OUT (michigan)
SHADES OF RED (michigan)
NEW MISERIES (stroudsburg)
HOLLENLARM (philly suburbs)

6 pm - probably like $7 with an early bird rate of $5 before 7
ALL AGES, 21+ to drink
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Posts : 1580
Join date : 2009-05-31
Age : 30
Location : Philadelphia, PA

Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder   Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 10:12 pm

oops looks like its a different hardcore band with the exact same name.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Posts : 1983
Join date : 2009-07-03
Age : 28
Location : Columbia, Missouri

Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder   Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 11:43 pm

There were like 3 bands of that name on the Last.fm page.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Posts : 3277
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder   Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 6:07 am

Live at the Court Tavern on 1 October 2011


Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder 316444_2418599351609_1450159976_2739152_1516248320_n

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org    |    www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
MxBx!
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MxBx!

Posts : 19
Join date : 2010-10-20
Age : 30
Location : Brighton, UK

Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder   Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:15 pm

This is awesome stuff. Do you know if they have any plans for releasing it on any format? Digital only sucks!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harker/120725651345443?sk=app_1780
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Posts : 3277
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder   Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 5:34 pm

Bottomfeeder will be releasing a 4 song 10" on Human Blood Records (Alex Rosamilla's label) on 16 December.

I'll post further details as I get them.

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org    |    www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Posts : 3277
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder   Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 5:36 pm

Pressing info:

Black Vinyl - 100
Blue/Grey splatter - 400


Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Bottomfeeder%20vinyl

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org    |    www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Sponsored content




Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder   Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Benny's new project: Bottomfeeder
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Side Projects & Earlier Bands :: Side Projects (TGA era, excl. THC)-
Jump to: