DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!!

Go down 
+3
Stalls_Standing
Jukebox Romeo
liveit
7 posters
AuthorMessage
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!! Empty
PostSubject: TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!!   TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 10:50 pm

Awesome awesome awesome!!!

http://www.rollingstone.com/blogs/breaking/2008/09/breaking-gas-light-anthem.php#
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!!   TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 11:23 pm

Sick dude. The in-studio stuff coulda been better, but it was still cool. I like how they ended with the acoustic version. Good stuff.

what were the other two write-ups?
Back to top Go down
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!!   TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 11:27 pm

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
Sick dude. The in-studio stuff coulda been better, but it was still cool. I like how they ended with the acoustic version. Good stuff.

what were the other two write-ups?

They weren't really write-ups so to speak, more of just little clips (which I still thought was awesome)- SideOneDummy really does a great job at keeping up with the press. I check there often-

http://sideonedummy.com/press.php?band_name=The_Gaslight_Anthem
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!!   TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:27 am

I love in-studio videos!
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!!   TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 11:03 am

Make sure you guys add some comments to that page... we need to let Rolling Stone know that people are interested in this band
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!!   TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 11:18 am

tga army time to strike
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!!   TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 12:00 pm

Attack!
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!!   TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 12:12 pm

Damn, The 59 Sound on acoustic is so good
Back to top Go down
MCStevepants
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MCStevepants

PostSubject: Re: TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!!   TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 7:47 pm

Hah, i never realized that about 'no surrender, my bobby jean'
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!!   TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:47 am

they get bigger every day! it's so exciting! good for them! i can't help but feel that we've done our part by showing everyone we know their music.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!!   TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 12:26 pm

dude your avatar scares me.

but yes, I would like to think that we had something to do with it. I think the early TGA Army campaigns may have really helped... I remember after the Wardrobe Malfunction at the Superbowl (stay with me, this will be relevant) there was an interview with the FCC where he stated that they got more letters complaining about that then anything ever! How many letters did they recieve? a million? nope ...a hundred thousand? nope ...even a thousand? nope. 300 letters. That's it.

So things like having 50+ reviews on iTunes certainly helps. I don't want to over state our accomplishments, the true success is due to a kick ass bunch of guys writing great music.

I really am proud to be a fan of this band.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!!   TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 6:34 pm

e6c wrote:

but yes, I would like to think that we had something to do with it. I think the early TGA Army campaigns may have really helped... I remember after the Wardrobe Malfunction at the Superbowl (stay with me, this will be relevant) there was an interview with the FCC where he stated that they got more letters complaining about that then anything ever! How many letters did they recieve? a million? nope ...a hundred thousand? nope ...even a thousand? nope. 300 letters. That's it.

So things like having 50+ reviews on iTunes certainly helps. I don't want to over state our accomplishments, the true success is due to a kick ass bunch of guys writing great music.

I couldnt agree more
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!!   TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 9:05 pm

e6c wrote:

very well put. i agree 100%
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!!   TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TGA hits Rolling Stone for the third time!!
Page 1 of 1