DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi everybody, here Italy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
EvilHead
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
EvilHead

Hi everybody, here Italy Empty
PostSubject: Hi everybody, here Italy   Hi everybody, here Italy Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 11:22 am

Hi everybody in the forum. My name is Giulio and I live in Venice, Italy. I heard for the first time TGA when they played togheter with The Boss in Hyde Park. I really love the band because Brian's voice is so full of passion. Actually, I hate punk music but I think that TGA's music is not punk but is something different, and I think that such as great songwriters such as Bruce Springsteen or Willie Nile (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qKjUeGji78) they can really transmit the real NYC feelings.

Hope to enjoy here.

Giulio
Back to top Go down
IFeelBlue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
IFeelBlue

PostSubject: Re: Hi everybody, here Italy   Hi everybody, here Italy Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 1:52 pm

Heilà ! Benvenuto amico Wink
Back to top Go down
EvilHead
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
EvilHead

PostSubject: Re: Hi everybody, here Italy   Hi everybody, here Italy Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 2:00 pm

IFeelBlue wrote:
Heilà ! Benvenuto amico Wink

grazie! è bello trovare un conterraneo e coetaneo!!
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Hi everybody, here Italy   Hi everybody, here Italy Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:16 pm

You can't hate punk man, you just shouldn't!

Welcome to the boards though.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Hi everybody, here Italy   Hi everybody, here Italy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 4:58 am

you hate punk...

meep meep meep...

does not compute!
Back to top Go down
EvilHead
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
EvilHead

PostSubject: Re: Hi everybody, here Italy   Hi everybody, here Italy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 11:07 am

steph wrote:
you hate punk...

meep meep meep...

does not compute!

I think it's a kind of a music too simple. Everyone with a guitar can play this, you should only play 3 chords. There's no technique behind that! That's qhat I think!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Hi everybody, here Italy   Hi everybody, here Italy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 5:07 pm

EvilHead wrote:
steph wrote:
you hate punk...

meep meep meep...

does not compute!

I think it's a kind of a music too simple. Everyone with a guitar can play this, you should only play 3 chords. There's no technique behind that! That's qhat I think!
If you want to talk about technique being a necessity for quality, why do you like Gaslight Anthem? Anyone with some basic knowledge in music can play their songs backwards in their sleep.

I don't mind that you have different musical preferences, but you should broaden your horizon. A good song is a good song, regardless of its level of musicianship.

Born in the USA only has two chords.

Rant aside, welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
EvilHead
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
EvilHead

PostSubject: Re: Hi everybody, here Italy   Hi everybody, here Italy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 4:18 am

Harbortown wrote:
EvilHead wrote:
steph wrote:
you hate punk...

meep meep meep...

does not compute!

If you want to talk about technique being a necessity for quality, why do you like Gaslight Anthem? Anyone with some basic knowledge in music can play their songs backwards in their sleep.

I don't mind that you have different musical preferences, but you should broaden your horizon. A good song is a good song, regardless of its level of musicianship.

Yeah, i know! But actually gaslight have also great lyrycs and Brian's voice is something special! I think there are two kind of musicians: great musicians in terms of technique and great musicians in terms of songwritings. In my opinion TGA and Bruce are in the second category! But this is what I think! We should respect all musical preferences. And I apologize if i hurt someone whit my words against punk! Wink
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Hi everybody, here Italy   Hi everybody, here Italy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 7:55 am

EvilHead wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
EvilHead wrote:
steph wrote:
you hate punk...

meep meep meep...

does not compute!

Yeah, i know! But actually gaslight have also great lyrycs and Brian's voice is something special! I think there are two kind of musicians: great musicians in terms of technique and great musicians in terms of songwritings. In my opinion TGA and Bruce are in the second category! But this is what I think! We should respect all musical preferences. And I apologize if i hurt someone whit my words against punk! Wink
Nah that's cool, I actually see where you're coming from. There's tons of punk out there that in my opinion deserves its poor reputation, but then there's also a fair deal of goodies out there too: Bad Religion, Social Distortion, Dropkick Murphys, Rancid etc, although the latter takes some time getting into.
Back to top Go down
EvilHead
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
EvilHead

PostSubject: Re: Hi everybody, here Italy   Hi everybody, here Italy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 11:26 am

Harbortown wrote:
EvilHead wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
EvilHead wrote:
steph wrote:
you hate punk...

meep meep meep...

does not compute!

Nah that's cool, I actually see where you're coming from. There's tons of punk out there that in my opinion deserves its poor reputation, but then there's also a fair deal of goodies out there too: Bad Religion, Social Distortion, Dropkick Murphys, Rancid etc, although the latter takes some time getting into.

DKM are a good band, they give you a lot of energy. I love their celtic attitude!! I heard that Social Distorion just realsed a great album but not yet listen to it!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Hi everybody, here Italy   Hi everybody, here Italy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 11:49 am

I'll give you some examples of good songs by the other bands mentioned!

Rancid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P9QMkm9Eew
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BWBrcF7sWQ

Bad Religion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31eMO9TlKT4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxoD9zWY9Rg

Social Distortion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQOJY4NXYzM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy6iJGqRA48
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi everybody, here Italy   Hi everybody, here Italy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi everybody, here Italy
Page 1 of 1