DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How many times have you seen TGA live?

Go down 
+73
NeverTrustAJunkie
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Bartolo
Yozzy
BrannThePirate
LittleSkill
BuddyHolly
mingus
janiejones
deadstar
luckyman
IKeeptheDiner
Kosburn59
Hirti
LuceroDiehard
brucesboots
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Angry Johnny Revue
Daire
loazis
frecklemooey
fullcollapse
TGAFAN25
JJW319
Ryan
simo
brianisbae
Down by the Mersey
Gaslight23
LoisPennycandy
Shipyards
PFREEZY
KittyKat
paratrooper
massie1903
boxofsaltines
steph
Stevearm
Asleepontheforestfloor
colmillionaire
LBAZ
Vibes
geezfools
ktp
Prisoner
BxNeurotic
Jukebox Romeo
vamike
rosstbh
Ed von Schleck
The Major
Matt Days
hyperballad
hostutca
tomttt
CABBAGEDoVD!
ksupilot
lbw87
PatientFabiWheel
againstmax
kieran
stephendgaf
LittleJonnyHormone
liveit
Stalls_Standing
Forum Owner
laurendelore
e7c
billy pilgrim
JoshRaymond
Garish
dandangoose
xstevenbx
77 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ryan
A Contender
A Contender
Ryan

How many times have you seen TGA live? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen TGA live?   How many times have you seen TGA live? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 8:31 pm

Just the once In Belfast, November last year. Think I'll have to travel over to England next time they tour to catch a few shows over there.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen TGA live?   How many times have you seen TGA live? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 11:04 pm

Now I'm at 15 times since I last posted in this thread.

Asbury Lanes 5/30/08 with The Riot Before, Scream Hello and some other band
Knitting Factory (The '59 Sound Record Release) 8/16/08 with Polar Bear Club and We're All Broken
Cook Campus Center - Rutgers University 9/12/08 with Let Me Run and The King Left (PBC cancelled)
Grand Arcade @ Conventional Hall 12/28/08 with the Bouncing Souls, Let Me Run and Gimme Drugs
Webster Hall 3/27/09 with Good Old War and Heartless Bastards
Trocadero Theatre 3/28/09 with Good Old War and Heartless Bastards
Berbati's Pan 4/13/09 with Cage The Elephant, A Death in the Family, and Heartless Bastards
Sasquatch! Festival 5/23-25/09 with tons of awesome bands
Brooklyn Bowl 10/16/09 with Broadway Calls, Jesse Malin, and Murder By Death
Trocadero Theatre 10/18/09 with Broadway Calls, The Loved Ones, and Murder By Death
Trocadero Theatre 10/19/09 with Broadway Calls, The Loved Ones, and Murder By Death
Wellmont Theatre 12/11/09 with Vision, Communication Redlight, and The Holdouts
Irving Plaza (American Slang Record Release) 6/15/10 with Rival Schools and Tim Barry
Stone Pony Summerstage 8/5/10 with William Elliot Whitmore and Frank Turner
Crystal Ballroom 9/14/10 with The Menzingers and Fake Problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen TGA live?   How many times have you seen TGA live? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 12:37 am

Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen TGA live?   How many times have you seen TGA live? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 1:35 am

6!

930 club, radio city, wellmont theater, brian fallon solo IN LA, richmond and baltimore!
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen TGA live?   How many times have you seen TGA live? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 6:42 am

Only at 8 so far, detailed in my sig. I was all set to get that number up to at least 15 this year because I was SO sure they'd be busy... ha, that won't be happening! ah well.

Chicago is a pretty great location for going elsewhere so I'll be branching out a bit next time around. No idea why I haven't really done that in the past.
Back to top Go down
frecklemooey
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
frecklemooey

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen TGA live?   How many times have you seen TGA live? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 9:02 am

Once....*sigh* it sucks living in Australia...oh well I guess better than 0
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen TGA live?   How many times have you seen TGA live? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 9:59 am

Twice Neutral
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen TGA live?   How many times have you seen TGA live? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 10:20 am

Twice.

Once at a festival when they were great. And once w/Chuck Ragan and Sharks when they were not so great.
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen TGA live?   How many times have you seen TGA live? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 10:27 am

Daire wrote:
Twice.

Once at a festival when they were great. And once w/Chuck Ragan and Sharks when they were not so great.

Where did you see them with Chuck and Sharks, I saw them 3 times on that tour and they were great everytime. How come they werent that great when you saw them?
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen TGA live?   How many times have you seen TGA live? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 11:02 am

Saw them in Dublin. They just seemed tired, and they flew through the set with little or no crowd interaction. Maybe I just had high hopes from when I'd seen them before, like I saw them at a festival so I presumed their own show, indoors, would be even better but it just seemed a bit flat. The msot enjoyable parts of their set for me was when they came out to 'The Boys Are Back in Town' (and I don't even particularly like Thin Lizzy) and when Chuck Ragan came out and sang the 59 Sound with them.

Chuck was definitly better than them that night, and Sharks were at least as good as them.

Having said that, the bootleg of the show sounds very good.
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen TGA live?   How many times have you seen TGA live? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 11:08 am

That sounds odd for them to not interact with the crowd, maybe as you say they were tired. Hopefully next time you see them they will perform to their best
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen TGA live?   How many times have you seen TGA live? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 8:13 pm

Last year around October Against Me! Cancelled and TGA were schedualed to play a few days later and for some stupid reason my very metalhead friend convinced me to swap my ticket for a Dillinger Escape Plan ticket.

Needless to say, WORST DECISION OF MY LIFE.

Also Brian's back in my town with the revival toor in September but the cruel irony is I'm moving in August Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen TGA live?   How many times have you seen TGA live? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 10:39 am

8 if you count Brian's solo performances:

(1) December 2008: Concert for Hope Benefit @ Count Basie Theater, Red Bank, NJ featuring Brian Fallon, Gary US Bonds, Jesse Malin, Southside Johnny & the Asbury Jukes, Bon Jovi, and Bruce Springsteen

(2) October 2009: @ Terminal 5 NYC

(3) December 2009: @ Wellmont Theater, Montclair, NJ (final show of 59 Sound tour; featured premier of Bring it On)

(4) January 2010: @ Bowery Ballroom NYC (Brian solo)

(5) June 2010: @ Irving Plaza NYC (American Slang record release show)

(6) August 2010: @ Stone Pony, Asbury Park, NJ

(7) September 2010: @ Radio City NYC

(8 ) December 2010: @ Roseland NYC (opening, unfortunately, for My Chemical Romance)
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen TGA live?   How many times have you seen TGA live? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 11:00 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
8 if you count Brian's solo performances:

(1) December 2008: Concert for Hope Benefit @ Count Basie Theater, Red Bank, NJ featuring Brian Fallon, Gary US Bonds, Jesse Malin, Southside Johnny & the Asbury Jukes, Bon Jovi, and Bruce Springsteen

(2) October 2009: @ Terminal 5 NYC

(3) December 2009: @ Wellmont Theater, Montclair, NJ (final show of 59 Sound tour; featured premier of Bring it On)

(4) January 2010: @ Bowery Ballroom NYC (Brian solo)

(5) June 2010: @ Irving Plaza NYC (American Slang record release show)

(6) August 2010: @ Stone Pony, Asbury Park, NJ

(7) September 2010: @ Radio City NYC

(8 ) December 2010: @ Roseland NYC (opening, unfortunately, for My Chemical Romance)

Looks like you have been to some pretty special shows Smile
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen TGA live?   How many times have you seen TGA live? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 12:41 pm

The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:
my very metalhead friend convinced me to swap my ticket for a Dillinger Escape Plan ticket.

DEP puts on one of the best live shows I've ever seen. But that is a pretty unfair trade.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen TGA live?   How many times have you seen TGA live? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 1:26 pm

Hamburg will be my 14th time, getting excited now.
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen TGA live?   How many times have you seen TGA live? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 1:29 pm

brucesboots wrote:

Nice Smile When was the first time you saw them?
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen TGA live?   How many times have you seen TGA live? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 1:30 pm

Gaslight23 wrote:
brucesboots wrote:

Nottingham on the first tour
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen TGA live?   How many times have you seen TGA live? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 1:50 pm

brucesboots wrote:
Gaslight23 wrote:
brucesboots wrote:

Was that the 2009 tour or had they been to Nottingham before that. If it was the 2009 tour it was the day after I first saw them, you have been to loads of shows in quite a short space of time, I would of been to more if I had been able to drive longer and had more money
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen TGA live?   How many times have you seen TGA live? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 2:10 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
my very metalhead friend convinced me to swap my ticket for a Dillinger Escape Plan ticket.

DEP puts on one of the best live shows I've ever seen. But that is a pretty unfair trade.

TBH they seemed tired and it was a fairly rushed set. Thought things would pick up half way through the set when they played Black Bubblegum gum but alas it did not. There was also a Radiohead cover promised on the setlist but that fell through as well.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen TGA live?   How many times have you seen TGA live? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 3:18 pm

Gaslight23 wrote:
brucesboots wrote:
Gaslight23 wrote:
brucesboots wrote:

Was that the 2009 tour or had they been to Nottingham before that. If it was the 2009 tour it was the day after I first saw them, you have been to loads of shows in quite a short space of time, I would of been to more if I had been able to drive longer and had more money

27th Aug 2008 on the small stage at Rock city Nottingham then see them a few weeks later in Birmingham , just a few months after that they were back at Rock city but on the big stage. The rest is history Bruce and all.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen TGA live?   How many times have you seen TGA live? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 11:16 am

3 Times:

Orlando HOB Oct 4 2010
Gainesville, Fla. Oct 5 2010
Bamboozle Apr 29 2011
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Hirti
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen TGA live?   How many times have you seen TGA live? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 4:23 pm

4 times:

Neuhausen 18.06.10
London 25.06.10
London 26.06.10
Vienna 07.11.10

Smile
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen TGA live?   How many times have you seen TGA live? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 5:13 pm

I've seen them three times.

1st: May 5th, 2009, bottom level (Hell) of the Masquerade. ATL, Georgia
2nd: Fall of 2010, up in Heaven of the same venue. The crowd was like, twice as big!
3rd: October 3rd of last year, same venue, same top level. Definitely the best one so far because of the opening bands (FAKE PROBLEMS Very Happy) and I also brought along a six-feet long River's Edge sign that the crowd held up. It was massive fun. Andy Diamond got a kick out of that sign, too. I was a tad giddy. :]
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen TGA live?   How many times have you seen TGA live? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 6:27 pm

Last year around October Against Me! Cancelled and TGA were scheduled to play a few days later and for some stupid reason my very metalhead friend convinced me to swap my ticket for a Dillinger Escape Plan ticket.

Also Brian's back in my town with the revival toor in September but the cruel irony is I'm moving in August Crying or Very sad

Just to further this I'm moving to the US soon and was wondering does anyone know if TGA play in Connecticut very often?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many times have you seen TGA live?   How many times have you seen TGA live? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many times have you seen TGA live?
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next