DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Theory of a Deadman

Go down 
+2
drifter69
LuceroDiehard
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

Theory of a Deadman  Empty
PostSubject: Theory of a Deadman    Theory of a Deadman  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:44 pm

Here is their latest video shot right here in Jacksonvlle. Fla

Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: Theory of a Deadman    Theory of a Deadman  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 7:15 pm

great band.this video is simply amazing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Theory of a Deadman    Theory of a Deadman  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 7:23 pm

drifter69 wrote:
great band.this video is simply amazing.

I was at the video shoot; they are all nice guys and paid some locals to be extras in the vid.

I took several pics at the shoot

Theory of a Deadman  IMAG0134-1
Theory of a Deadman  IMAG0133-1
Theory of a Deadman  IMAG0132
Theory of a Deadman  IMAG0130-1
Theory of a Deadman  IMAG0131-1
Theory of a Deadman  242765_1529315211957_1807046270_949865_3923880_o
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Theory of a Deadman    Theory of a Deadman  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 8:47 pm

This band come from the Nickelback school of terrible lyrics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theory of a Deadman    Theory of a Deadman  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 8:56 pm

Judging from that song off the video, they sounds like another radio rock act.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Theory of a Deadman    Theory of a Deadman  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:23 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
Judging from that song off the video, they sounds like another radio rock act.

I agree. I listen to them now and then but think that TGA has much more talent and better song writing ability. I think that TGA should be followed by more people than TOADM., but . . .
Back to top Go down
sweetpaul
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Theory of a Deadman    Theory of a Deadman  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 5:10 am

Holland wrote:
This band come from the Nickelback school of terrible lyrics.

+ 1

I rember when that song with all the f**ks came out here, I went "huh, Nickleback with swears".
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Theory of a Deadman    Theory of a Deadman  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 5:54 am

When Theory first begun I'm pretty sure there were actually Nickelback members in the band! The singer is also present in the song (and video) of Chad Kroeger's Hero, the one from the original Spiderman film. They were actually a pretty good, although generic, rock band when they first begun. But they sadly have got worse with every album. Hopefully the new one will be a return to form.

Sometimes brainless hard rock is a good thing. Say what you like about Nickelback, they put on one of the best live shows you'll ever see.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Theory of a Deadman    Theory of a Deadman  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 7:31 am

I agree on both points--many of their songs sound a lot like Nickleback and their first CDs were there best but the radio stations love their latest stuff.
Back to top Go down
The Boxer
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Theory of a Deadman    Theory of a Deadman  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:25 pm

Ghost wrote:
When Theory first begun I'm pretty sure there were actually Nickelback members in the band! The singer is also present in the song (and video) of Chad Kroeger's Hero, the one from the original Spiderman film. They were actually a pretty good, although generic, rock band when they first begun. But they sadly have got worse with every album. Hopefully the new one will be a return to form.

Sometimes brainless hard rock is a good thing. Say what you like about Nickelback, they put on one of the best live shows you'll ever see.

I think you are getting Josey Scott of Saliva confused with TOAD here... Scott was on the Hero song for Spiderman w/Kroeger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theory of a Deadman    Theory of a Deadman  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:33 pm

The first 50 seconds or so were okay. Other than that, I'd just like to forget I heard it... but whatever, to each their own. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Theory of a Deadman    Theory of a Deadman  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 4:16 pm

The Boxer wrote:
Ghost wrote:

I think you are getting Josey Scott of Saliva confused with TOAD here... Scott was on the Hero song for Spiderman w/Kroeger

Nope, Josey Scott was the other vocalist, but the TOAD singer is definitely lead guitarist from the track.

From Wiki: "Kroeger, along with Saliva vocalist Josey Scott, Theory of a Deadman lead vocalist (serving as guitarist for this track) Tyler Connolly and Our Lady Peace drummer Jeremy Taggart, performed the theme song titled "Hero" for the hit movie Spider-Man in 2002." Also if you watch the video, he's clearly in the band on the rooftop Smile.

But it turns out my "fact" of other Nickelback members in the band was wrong...Kroeger was the producer, that's where I was getting muddled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theory of a Deadman    Theory of a Deadman  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 6:43 pm

Just curious Bobbyw24, if you agree that they are crap then why create this thread?
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Theory of a Deadman    Theory of a Deadman  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 7:13 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
Just curious Bobbyw24, if you agree that they are crap then why create this thread?

I would not say they are crap. The have some good songs and put on a great live show.

I just think TGA is a lot better and wanted to see what people here thought of them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theory of a Deadman    Theory of a Deadman  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theory of a Deadman
Page 1 of 1