DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Imelda May

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rock bus
A Contender
A Contender

Imelda May Empty
PostSubject: Imelda May   Imelda May Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 4:58 pm

May be a bit left of centre for some GA fans but Imelda May is a fantastic Singer

Somebody commented on another thread how her set was the best at Glastonbury this year and I would definitely agree she blew every one away (including GA Embarassed )

Hard to describe but sort of a female rockabilly singer with a bit of punk, soul, Jazz thrown in ?!?!? Absolutely amazing voice

Anyhow if you havent heard her give either her albums a listen

If you do know her PLEASE let me know of any similar acts
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

Imelda May Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imelda May   Imelda May Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 5:00 pm

Rock bus wrote:
May be a bit left of centre for some GA fans but Imelda May is a fantastic Singer

Somebody commented on another thread how her set was the best at Glastonbury this year and I would definitely agree she blew every one away (including GA Embarassed )

Hard to describe but sort of a female rockabilly singer with a bit of punk, soul, Jazz thrown in ?!?!? Absolutely amazing voice

Anyhow if you havent heard her give either her albums a listen

If you do know her PLEASE let me know of any similar acts

I have listened to a few of her songs before and really like them, I was looking forward to seeing her at London Feis festival, but she pulled out for some reason I don't know
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

Imelda May Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imelda May   Imelda May Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 2:51 am

She reminds me a bit of a more out there version of canadian singer Kathleen Edwards.... I like her stuff that's not quite as far out there... Eagle and the Wolf is pretty cool!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Imelda May Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imelda May   Imelda May Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Imelda May
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Other Bands-
Jump to: