DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Elsie' pre-order news

Go down 
+43
Debonair
simo
Angry Johnny
fullcollapse
Down by the Mersey
Prisoner
eagles1139
Bea
carryon820
BuddyHolly
riversedge
oh_megan
Silver
markbarlow
madsmom
acousticbandit
Mipi
40 Miler
J.B.R.
stephendgaf
Mechamunky
bobbyjames
azlisa
NJsoul
CluckyB
IKeeptheDiner
thomas94
Shrewsbury_Stars
ral
Joe Jack
brucesboots
steady now steady now
TGAFAN25
Kosburn59
The Boxer
StopAndSlideToTheRight
enola
loazis
plugga
Gaslight23
El Jefe
JJW319
RobertODonnell
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:46 pm

How fast is priority mail? If mine shipped this morning, when will it get here? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 2:27 pm

Probably 2 or 3 days, depending how far it has to go.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 7:06 pm

My brother and I just got one of the delux posters we ordered, and let me say it looks fucking awesome, definately framing

We order 2 delux packages but only got this one poster so far, but they did ship two packages and the other one is still on the way, so I hope the second poster shirts, vinyls and everything else are coming in that one.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 12:16 am

I just noticed the poster isn't hand numbered as they promised, I sent them an email but, did anyone else experience this? I'm kinda a little pissed off
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 3:01 am

THIS UP ON SIDEONEDUMMY.

..ATTN: Customers of The Horrible Crowes & Chuck Ragan Pre-Orders
SlyOneDummy | Sep 02, 2011

Here are a few bits of information we feel is necessary for you to know about your orders:

All Horrible Crowes orders have been shipped. All of them. Every last one of them. Well, except for the ones that have come in while we type this and post it.
The 7” for all the Horrible Crowes Exclusive Bundles have not shipped and won’t ship for another 2 weeks. That was mentioned in the item description since day 1.
The posters for the Horrible Crowes Exclusive Bundles ship in a nice tube to avoid them getting jacked up in transit and more than likely will arrive before the rest of your order. Stare at the poster while you wait for your record/CD to arrive. It’s pretty.
If you pre-ordered both The Horrible Crowes AND Chuck Ragan, they were probably shipped together. Lucky you.
VERY IMPORTANT: If your order does not arrive on street date, do not freak out. It’s on its way. Once we drop off orders at the post office, it is up to them to get it to your doorstep in a timely manner. We can offer to track it and see what’s the deal with it but we can’t speed up the process of delivery. Some of you will not get it by street date. That’s just the reality of it but the wait is well worth it. We feel this worth mentioning to avoid mean emails sent us about orders not arriving on time. Mean emails are hurtful and make people cry. Cry = no good. We ship everything on time in the hopes things arrive on time but by you pre-ordering it, you agree to our terms that it will arrive “on or AROUND street date.” So be cool…chill out…and if you’re bummed because everyone is talking about how great it is, don’t feel sad that it’s not in your hands yet, think of it as something great to look forward to.
If this does not answer any or all of your questions, please feel free to email us at orders@sideonedummy.com and we’ll get back to you when our warehouse guy finds time between shipping Chuck Ragan pre-orders. And if you do need to e-mail him, his name is Alex. He’s an awesome dude and will do everything he can to help you, so be nice

Sincerely,
The SideOneDummies

Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 4:02 am

So nobody has received the full deluxe bundle yet?
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 5:09 am

StopAndSlideToTheRight wrote:
So nobody has received the full deluxe bundle yet?

If shipping dont start for another 2 weeks on the 7" , im guessing it will be about a month from now before everything has landed in Europe. Im bit gutted but they did say it from the start.
Also explains why postage was so high.
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 7:04 am

What really pisses me off is that I have to pay around 20 dollars import tax per Item recieved by post. Which means that if the 7", the poster, and the rest are shipped in 3 Packages, I'll owe the man 60 Big ones. Plus The fact that I already spent 45$ on Shipping.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 7:15 am

StopAndSlideToTheRight wrote:
What really pisses me off is that I have to pay around 20 dollars import tax per Item recieved by post. Which means that if the 7", the poster, and the rest are shipped in 3 Packages, I'll owe the man 60 Big ones. Plus The fact that I already spent 45$ on Shipping.

You might get away with it, in all the pre-sale madness I ordered the regular black LP before the bundle was released like 30 minutes later , my regular LP arrived Tuesday and on the import customs label , sideone had marked that the item was a sampler item only worth $1, so no customs charges, if they have done that with the bundles aswell we are all good on no charges.
Only thing what worries me , if they have shipped my Chuck Ragan bundle in with the HC stuff I might get stung, also if customs do get hold of the parcel it will slow it down a good few days aswell..
Bit naughty lo charging postage for THC and CR then posting together even more so if customs to wack on a charge because the value of the package has gone up, then again if everything lands safe I dont care.
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 8:41 am

Problem is, I don't just get taxed on value, I get taxed on size too Sad It's really confusing. I've had to pay 10 dollars on a thin parcel containing 10 LPs (worth about 150$ total) and 40$ and I've had to pay 45$ Tax on a big package containing 2 20$ pairs of trousers. It's really odd.
Back to top Go down
Angry Johnny
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Angry Johnny

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 2:36 pm

glad i picked up the red vinyl yesterday at my local record shop. mail just came and still nothing....also just remembered monday is a holiday so it wont me coming till tuesday earliest at this point. doesnt really matter since i already have the album, but i was looking forward to the new chuck ragan album that was shipped with my order.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 2:53 pm

I think my elsie got lost in the mail...

Tracker said it was out for delivery on Wednesday, then it never arrived, tracker status has never updated...

Not looking good....
Back to top Go down
carryon820
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 3:16 pm

Damn, my preorder didn't arrive today and as stated above, that means that at the absolute earliest, I won't get it until Tuesday. I did recieve the Horrible Crowes poster today though, which makes no sense to me.......if that arrived why not the rest of the preorder? TBH, I'm about fed up with preorders in general; I bet that literally the last 5 or so preorders that I've ordered have actually arrived after the release date of the album, some WAY after, and one was so late that I actually went out and purchased the album again elsewhere just because I wanted to hear the damn album. I'd just really like to hear the album under ideal listening conditions. I recieved an email a few days ago that it shipped so it probably should've of been here by now, but hopefully tuesday.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 4:03 pm

brucesboots wrote:
THIS UP ON SIDEONEDUMMY.

..ATTN: Customers of The Horrible Crowes & Chuck Ragan Pre-Orders
SlyOneDummy | Sep 02, 2011

Here are a few bits of information we feel is necessary for you to know about your orders:

All Horrible Crowes orders have been shipped. All of them. Every last one of them. Well, except for the ones that have come in while we type this and post it.
The 7” for all the Horrible Crowes Exclusive Bundles have not shipped and won’t ship for another 2 weeks. That was mentioned in the item description since day 1.
The posters for the Horrible Crowes Exclusive Bundles ship in a nice tube to avoid them getting jacked up in transit and more than likely will arrive before the rest of your order. Stare at the poster while you wait for your record/CD to arrive. It’s pretty.
If you pre-ordered both The Horrible Crowes AND Chuck Ragan, they were probably shipped together. Lucky you.
VERY IMPORTANT: If your order does not arrive on street date, do not freak out. It’s on its way. Once we drop off orders at the post office, it is up to them to get it to your doorstep in a timely manner. We can offer to track it and see what’s the deal with it but we can’t speed up the process of delivery. Some of you will not get it by street date. That’s just the reality of it but the wait is well worth it. We feel this worth mentioning to avoid mean emails sent us about orders not arriving on time. Mean emails are hurtful and make people cry. Cry = no good. We ship everything on time in the hopes things arrive on time but by you pre-ordering it, you agree to our terms that it will arrive “on or AROUND street date.” So be cool…chill out…and if you’re bummed because everyone is talking about how great it is, don’t feel sad that it’s not in your hands yet, think of it as something great to look forward to.
If this does not answer any or all of your questions, please feel free to email us at orders@sideonedummy.com and we’ll get back to you when our warehouse guy finds time between shipping Chuck Ragan pre-orders. And if you do need to e-mail him, his name is Alex. He’s an awesome dude and will do everything he can to help you, so be nice

Sincerely,
The SideOneDummies

late or not, SideOneDummy post really nice messages Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 4:32 pm

Debonair wrote:
I just noticed the poster isn't hand numbered as they promised, I sent them an email but, did anyone else experience this? I'm kinda a little pissed off

The poster is amazing, but you're right. Mine wasn't hand numbered either. So far that's the only part of the pre- order I've received. I just wanna listen to the vinyl already!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 6:52 pm

Quote :
The poster is amazing, but you're right. Mine wasn't hand numbered either. So far that's the only part of the pre- order I've received. I just wanna listen to the vinyl already!

Glad to hear it wasn't just me, like I said I shot them an email about it so I'll post what I hear back when I get it, still is a little disappointing though
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 7:05 pm

Yep, mine is lacking a number as well.

Reminds me of when I paid $70 for a "reissue" (after it sold out initially at least) of the big yellow Queen of Lower Chelsea (I think it had a name? Too tired to remember!) poster, the gorgeous one with a bazillion colors. The "perk" was that for $70 it would come with a custom hand drawing from El Jefe. My husband and I scoured the poster and found no such thing.

I'm starting to question things, at least. I know it's not a huge deal for a drawing or hand number, but it's the fact that that's what is described, what we think we're paying for... it just really rubs me the wrong way and I'm really just kinda disappointed.
Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 7:13 pm

I'm sure this poster will be everywhere. They make it seem like it's exclusive to this pre order so people think it's limited. Look at the " pre order" poster for American Slang...it's still in the S1D store..two years later. Prob can't even give these away now!
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 7:19 pm

19thirty wrote:
I'm sure this poster will be everywhere. They make it seem like it's exclusive to this pre order so people think it's limited. Look at the " pre order" poster for American Slang...it's still in the S1D store..two years later. Prob can't even give these away now!

Yeah, that's a good point. Bit of false advertising going on.

Edit: What's next? "This record is limited to 100 copies on blue, so jump on it quickly" while pressing 2000 of them on blue? (hypothetical, please don't cone at me saying I promised a blue Elsie, lmao)
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 7:28 pm

Well I saved a photo of the page, just in case they tried saying they didn't say that(don't think it will come to that but you never know lol) it seems like they did it to everyone so I don't know how or if they could make it up. Still is a nice poster, bringing it to NYC show to get it signed and then framing. That should make up for the value lost on the hand number

Edit: yeah thought you were saying blue Elsie lol, I was like WTF WHERE!!!!!!!!, i smell a rumor coming......but yeah still fuck all this false crap, what ya gonna do right, it is, what it is, im making the best of it with the signatures
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 8:00 pm

I'm not really concerned with value, exactly... I mean, in a sense, because I don't want to pay a lot for something and have it be provided with false stats. Like, we're all pretty certain that the black pressing of SoS is limited to 100.. I paid $280 for it last year because of this. If something is made and sold as limited to X, there will of course be people who buy it to flip or fans who buy it and later decide that they need money badly. People will pay more for something if it is (or they think it is) out of 100, and less if they think it's out of 2000. If a company right off the bat tells us it's limited, that sets the tone. Know what I mean?

But I'm not looking to get things that will be high in value, or to increase the value--some things I will NEVER sell, which includes my gaslight collection! Especially signed things that I personally get signed. I have some signed items from the Manic Srreet Preachers, like a 7" from 1991. Got it signed in 2009 when they came over to the US for the first time in 10 years. Even unsigned, I could sell it for several hundred. It will never leave my possession.

Definitely NOT saying you want to increase the value for sale, though! Just explaining why I don't really feel like getting it signed is compensation for an item not being as limited as described in the initial offering.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 8:17 pm

Well I was going to get either that or the blood red vinyl signed(both if at all possible) just because, probly never going to sell those unless they went for some relatively rediculous amount(like some tga stuff can, but who knows) I was mainly saying the signature could make it a little more rare since its not numbered that's all, not really looking to sell it unless previously mentioned.

Like we've said we paid a higher price for something we didn't get and that shouldn't have been done(or ever should be done to anyone) and I'm just hoping to restore some value to it(basically to make my self feel better over the loss of it) as well as so I have the memory of that night hanging in my room
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 8:39 pm

Anyone have a picture of their preorder shirt?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 8:46 pm

Quote :
Anyone have a picture of their preorder shirt?

As previously posted side one said most likely only the posters would come this week for the deluxe(paraphraseing) so I'm guessing not, and plus its a holiday weekend so we'll get it most likely later than sooner. But who know maybe some one does but I'm guessing? Probly not yet...bet u I'll be eating those words
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:32 am

Checked my mail and like twoish today, was nothing there. Assumed it already came. Then was bored and checked it again...

omg omg omg!!!!

I guess to be nice I'll take pictures of the t-shirt before curling up and listening to this thing. just gimme a few seconds.

on second though. I appear to have lost my camera to computer cable. I'll look for it/figure out some other way of getting the pictures off the camera later, but no dice for now =( *hadn't used camera since moving so is worried the cable is lost... but I'm gonna stop worrying and go spin elsie now*

Last edited by CluckyB on Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Elsie' pre-order news
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next