DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Apple technology to prevent use of smartphones at concerts - WTF?

Go down 
+2
StopAndSlideToTheRight
steady now steady now
6 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Apple technology to prevent use of smartphones at concerts - WTF? Empty
PostSubject: Apple technology to prevent use of smartphones at concerts - WTF?   Apple technology to prevent use of smartphones at concerts - WTF? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 4:50 pm

Gig goers and bootlegers! Check out what Apple is up to now. WTF?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/13814378

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2387143,00.asp
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Apple technology to prevent use of smartphones at concerts - WTF?   Apple technology to prevent use of smartphones at concerts - WTF? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 5:14 pm

But couldn't the artists decide whether or not to employ the technology at their gig?
Back to top Go down
ozfacter
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Apple technology to prevent use of smartphones at concerts - WTF?   Apple technology to prevent use of smartphones at concerts - WTF? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 5:21 pm

fuck that! i dont always record at shows but theres been plenty of times i have. if its some one i see on a "regular" basis i will record the show or at least my favorite songs. hell, my friend puts them all on youtube (yourportablej) which plenty of you have seen - hause/fallon/loved ones/gaslight. im still enjoying myself, hell, you can usually hear me screaming along to the songs. i guess its a good thing im moving back to philly in 2 weeks so i can see the smaller shows where i wont have to worry about the infrared lights ever showing up- when it eventually happens.

StopAndSlideToTheRight wrote:
But couldn't the artists decide whether or not to employ the technology at their gig?

about a month or so ago, hause took my friends phone and put it in his pocket (still recording) and told her that hes been wanting to do that us for a while. gave it back to her a min later and told her to keep going cos he doesnt care. they sent me the video and it was funny as hell.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Apple technology to prevent use of smartphones at concerts - WTF?   Apple technology to prevent use of smartphones at concerts - WTF? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 5:37 pm

the artists, the promoters, the venue?

but there's also the bigger picture; one of the articles mentions that museums could use it to prevent photography; next thing though governments will use it to prevent you filming the police/army beating up protesters, and so on (phone footage evidence has been crucial from the London G20 'riots' to the 'Arab Spring')

at least we've not all been microchipped yet, or the machines could one day just switch off the lot of us
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Apple technology to prevent use of smartphones at concerts - WTF?   Apple technology to prevent use of smartphones at concerts - WTF? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 5:17 am

Wow of all the people I expected to be against this move by Apple Tinie Tempah was not on that list.

Its good promo as already mentioned and tonnes of good movies etc have been made with fan footage the first two that spring to mind is the ATP festival documentary and the Beastie Boys live film.

What I also dont like is the idea that images that are allowed to be taken will be watermarked. Its not their content to watermark and copyright brand like that fuck that shit.

Also the implications of this are immense who will it be regulated by is my first concern along side the spread into other aspects of our lives as has already been mentioned. Its all a bit orwellian.

EDIT: Another point is who is going to pay for this tech it wont be cheap and venues are going to have to cough up the readies so concerts are likely to get more expensive than they already are.
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: Apple technology to prevent use of smartphones at concerts - WTF?   Apple technology to prevent use of smartphones at concerts - WTF? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 2:22 pm

ozfacter wrote:
fuck that! i dont always record at shows but theres been plenty of times i have. if its some one i see on a "regular" basis i will record the show or at least my favorite songs. hell, my friend puts them all on youtube (yourportablej) which plenty of you have seen - hause/fallon/loved ones/gaslight. im still enjoying myself, hell, you can usually hear me screaming along to the songs. i guess its a good thing im moving back to philly in 2 weeks so i can see the smaller shows where i wont have to worry about the infrared lights ever showing up- when it eventually happens.

about a month or so ago, hause took my friends phone and put it in his pocket (still recording) and told her that hes been wanting to do that us for a while. gave it back to her a min later and told her to keep going cos he doesnt care. they sent me the video and it was funny as hell.

when i saw the Loved Ones he did that... except the girl was texting and he kept it for most of the set.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Apple technology to prevent use of smartphones at concerts - WTF?   Apple technology to prevent use of smartphones at concerts - WTF? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 7:12 pm

The thing to remember is this is only a patent at the moment. Apple files lots of patents for things that are never used.

But I will say that if this happens I would get rid of my iPhone in a hurry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apple technology to prevent use of smartphones at concerts - WTF?   Apple technology to prevent use of smartphones at concerts - WTF? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apple technology to prevent use of smartphones at concerts - WTF?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: General Chat & Discussions-
Jump to: