DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE

Go down 
+11
brucesboots
Joe Jack
Gaslight23
LittleSkill
Johnxazn
IKeeptheDiner
xorcist
fullcollapse
Shrewsbury_Stars
bmk
e7c
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE   SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 7:32 pm

brucesboots wrote:
yes , at least you know it went to a good if not poor home now. i played credit card chicken and had fingers littlebit burnt . great to have the holy grail lo. Where will next one go lo? I figure not many left up for sale ?

Congratulations, yeah at least it went to a good home, I got paid today and if I would of won with my bid I would have spent the whole of my wages and I have no credit card so would of had to survive off about £10 for a whole month haha Yeah my thoughts are that there wont be many left for sale, so I have going to pay whatever it takes to get my hands on it next time, I will be starting to save my money now! Congratualtions again, even though I am very jealous haha have you got any plans for what you are going to do with it? Frame it?
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE   SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 7:42 pm

Gaslight23 wrote:
brucesboots wrote:
yes , at least you know it went to a good if not poor home now. i played credit card chicken and had fingers littlebit burnt . great to have the holy grail lo. Where will next one go lo? I figure not many left up for sale ?

Congratulations, yeah at least it went to a good home, I got paid today and if I would of won with my bid I would have spent the whole of my wages and I have no credit card so would of had to survive off about £10 for a whole month haha Yeah my thoughts are that there wont be many left for sale, so I have going to pay whatever it takes to get my hands on it next time, I will be starting to save my money now! Congratualtions again, even though I am very jealous haha have you got any plans for what you are going to do with it? Frame it?

Benny told me in Hamburg that its his fault there was only 100, so I will get him to sign it. then I will maybe frame it and my credit card bill......yes im MAD
Back to top Go down
bmk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE   SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 7:49 pm

i thought i sent this before but i guess it didnt go through.

congrats on the win dude!

i sent you an invoice on ebay and i attached a note about shipping. let me know what you would like to do Smile
Back to top Go down
bmk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE   SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 7:54 pm

Bruce when you have Benny sign it - tell him that you aquired it from Barry Kaplan. and make sure to tell him that ill buy him a beer the next time i see him.
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE   SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 8:01 pm

brucesboots wrote:
Gaslight23 wrote:
brucesboots wrote:

Benny told me in Hamburg that its his fault there was only 100, so I will get him to sign it. then I will maybe frame it and my credit card bill......yes im MAD

Sounds like a pretty good plan to me
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE   SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 8:01 pm

Gaslight23 wrote:
brucesboots wrote:
Gaslight23 wrote:
brucesboots wrote:

Sounds like a pretty good plan to me

Would be good to see a picture of it once you have it signed and framed
Back to top Go down
Jase
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE   SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 4:14 am

WOW!

I have a copy of the black SOS, and for these kinds of prices i'm willing to sell.

If the admin could get in touch with me via PM or email me to confirm my copy as legit i'll let the bidding begin.

I'd also be happy to have some kind of payment plan so any willing buyer could pay an amount over a couple of weeks if that would help.

Last edited by Jase on Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE   SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 4:20 am

This is mindblowing. As someone who is having, uh, extreme financial difficulties lately, the idea of having my black SoS pay my rent for a month is tempting... but alas, I'd rather invest in a tarp to protect my collection from the rain once I am homeless.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE   SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 5:42 am

Jase wrote:
WOW!

I have a copy of the black SOS, and for these kinds of prices i'm willing to sell.

If the admin could get in touch with me via PM or email me jase17021981@gmail.com to confirm my copy as legit i'll let the bidding begin.

I'd also be happy to have some kind of payment plan so any willing buyer could pay an amount over a couple of weeks if that would help.

just send a pm to 'e7c' with the details he requested at the top of this thread
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE   SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 5:44 am

drunken you're all insane Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Jase
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE   SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 6:15 am

AHA! good idea, stupid me not thinking after a couple of lovely afternoon beers
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE   SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 12:03 pm

An observation on price here.

I've always said that a fair price is usually whatever the buyer is willing to pay. Sometimes, however, a handful of buyers can drive the price far beyond what the rest of the market would be willing to pay. When this happens, the price may be subjectively "fair" to the buyer but it is nonetheless disconnected from the rest of the market.

I think this is what happened here. Looking at the bidding history, it appears that after the price hit $450, only brucesboots and Gaslight 23 kept bidding. Their resulting bidding war is what drove the price to nearly $800. In other words, if Gaslight 23 stopped bidding after the price hit $455, that would have been the end of it.

Although Gaslight23 seems to be willing to pay a price similar to what brucesboots paid, I would honestly be surprised if there are many (or any) other people willing to go that high.

I guess the long and the short of what I'm saying is that I think it would be a mistake to assume that $790 (or any price close to that) represents the actual "market price" for this record as opposed to a fluke.

To be clear, I'm NOT telling anyone how to spend their money. I actually tip my hat to bruceboots for doing whatever it took to land this record. I'm just saying that I think others shouldn't assume that they'll need to pay the same price to get a copy. And of course, I could also be completely wrong and the next one could sell for $1,000.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE   SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 2:32 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
An observation on price here.

I've always said that a fair price is usually whatever the buyer is willing to pay. Sometimes, however, a handful of buyers can drive the price far beyond what the rest of the market would be willing to pay. When this happens, the price may be subjectively "fair" to the buyer but it is nonetheless disconnected from the rest of the market.

I think this is what happened here. Looking at the bidding history, it appears that after the price hit $450, only brucesboots and Gaslight 23 kept bidding. Their resulting bidding war is what drove the price to nearly $800. In other words, if Gaslight 23 stopped bidding after the price hit $455, that would have been the end of it.

Although Gaslight23 seems to be willing to pay a price similar to what brucesboots paid, I would honestly be surprised if there are many (or any) other people willing to go that high.

I guess the long and the short of what I'm saying is that I think it would be a mistake to assume that $790 (or any price close to that) represents the actual "market price" for this record as opposed to a fluke.

To be clear, I'm NOT telling anyone how to spend their money. I actually tip my hat to bruceboots for doing whatever it took to land this record. I'm just saying that I think others shouldn't assume that they'll need to pay the same price to get a copy. And of course, I could also be completely wrong and the next one could sell for $1,000.

To be honest i would totally agree with you, after the last one went for $407 I kinda knew that there would be at least 3 others in for this one apart from myself,rather than getting mixed up in a frantic bidding war in the last few minutes I took a gamble with my credit card and bid very high and to be honest even at the end there was still quite a gap from my highest bid to what it sold for but I do think I got my fingers burned a little by taking the risk, I had made my mind up i was going to win the record and worry about the money side after, i guess I am out of the game now for a couple of months while I pay my credit card off .
I think I was expecting the record to go for around the $500 -$550 mark, the only thing I would say is I cant see many more turning up, as i think most are in Gaslight collectors homes now. A lot depends on if the band go up to the next level or if they just fade into the past, if it turns out the later a good few of us will see the value of our collections plummit.
Cant wait to get the record in my hands now, its going to be a nervy wait on the postman.
Back to top Go down
kcdc
A Contender
A Contender
kcdc

PostSubject: Re: SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE   SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 2:39 am

Congrats on snapping up a copy!!!

I don't think I'll ever sell my copy on black even if I was in dire need of cash; I know if I let it go; it would be highly unlikely to re-obtain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deadformat.net/tradelist/kcdc
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE   SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 1:09 pm

have the record in my hands . Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

PostSubject: Re: SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE   SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 1:30 pm

Look after it! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE   SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SOS 1ST Press, Black on eBay, auction ends 24JUNE
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2