DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gaslight Anthem at West Coast Riot festival, Gothenburg, Sweden (WITH PICTURES!!!)

Go down 
+2
enola
Harbortown
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Gaslight Anthem at West Coast Riot festival, Gothenburg, Sweden (WITH PICTURES!!!) Empty
PostSubject: Gaslight Anthem at West Coast Riot festival, Gothenburg, Sweden (WITH PICTURES!!!)   Gaslight Anthem at West Coast Riot festival, Gothenburg, Sweden (WITH PICTURES!!!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 6:04 pm

So this year was the fourth annual West Coast Riot, a punk/rock festival having booked several great acts throughout the years such as Social Distortion, NOFX, Bad Religion, Tiger Army, Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly and more. 2011 was kind of a disappointment as far as the lineup is concerned but Gaslight Anthem were booked so obviously I went there, and truth to be told they were (to me) the only interesting band.
I saw them at West Coast Riot 2009. Back then I wasn't a fan but when I saw the show I became one, so this year's show was my first one as a fan, so I was pretty damn excited.

They started the gig with Orphans, which I don't really think is the best opening song but it's excellent anyway so who cares, right?
They followed that one up with American Slang and oh boy, that made me so happy I nearly wept right there and then. Not that I didn't expect them to play it, it just sounded so good.

The rest of the songs (Not in the correct order):
'59 Sound
Film Noir
We came to dance
Wherefore art thou, Elvis?
The Diamond church street choir
Queen of lower Chelsea
Old white Lincoln
Great expectations
Wooderson
Boomboxes and dictionaries
High lonesome
Even cowgirls get the blues
The Backseat

At one point Brian found a Sum 41 pick on the stage floor (They had been playing there about an hour earlier), after which he had a several minute talk about Canada being a great place, he also said that he'd write the entire next album with that pick and that L.A sucks.

Best songs:
American Slang - Always pumps me up and it sounded terrific live, all I'd ever hoped it would be.
Queen of lower Chelsea - I'm not a dancing man but this song made me dance. And sing, obviously.
Even cowgirls get the blues - There was something about the slow songs, they just sounded amazing.
The Backseat - You just gotta love that finisher.
Wooderson - I haven't even listened to this song that much but holy shit they pulled that one off well.

It's wrong to say "Worst songs" but here's the ones I didn't like to hear that much:
We came to dance
Boomboxes and dictionaries
Wherefore art though, Elvis?

Not because they're bad songs, I just don't know the lyrics that well.

Here's a bunch of pictures. Some of them didn't turn out too well, but it's hard to take good pictures when you're in a shaky live crowd and all you have is a mediocre cellphone camera.

Gaslight Anthem at West Coast Riot festival, Gothenburg, Sweden (WITH PICTURES!!!) Jkwq8
Gaslight Anthem at West Coast Riot festival, Gothenburg, Sweden (WITH PICTURES!!!) SDQnX
Gaslight Anthem at West Coast Riot festival, Gothenburg, Sweden (WITH PICTURES!!!) CSduH
Gaslight Anthem at West Coast Riot festival, Gothenburg, Sweden (WITH PICTURES!!!) 2aJMS
Gaslight Anthem at West Coast Riot festival, Gothenburg, Sweden (WITH PICTURES!!!) LPvTf
Gaslight Anthem at West Coast Riot festival, Gothenburg, Sweden (WITH PICTURES!!!) NRXM4
Gaslight Anthem at West Coast Riot festival, Gothenburg, Sweden (WITH PICTURES!!!) EtM1N
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

Gaslight Anthem at West Coast Riot festival, Gothenburg, Sweden (WITH PICTURES!!!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem at West Coast Riot festival, Gothenburg, Sweden (WITH PICTURES!!!)   Gaslight Anthem at West Coast Riot festival, Gothenburg, Sweden (WITH PICTURES!!!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 6:32 pm

Wow those are gret pics!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem at West Coast Riot festival, Gothenburg, Sweden (WITH PICTURES!!!)   Gaslight Anthem at West Coast Riot festival, Gothenburg, Sweden (WITH PICTURES!!!) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:52 am

Nice pics! Not really my favourite setlist though
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem at West Coast Riot festival, Gothenburg, Sweden (WITH PICTURES!!!)   Gaslight Anthem at West Coast Riot festival, Gothenburg, Sweden (WITH PICTURES!!!) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 1:21 pm

I saw Sum 41 mention Gaslight o Twitter! That's cool, they're one of my favorite bands.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem at West Coast Riot festival, Gothenburg, Sweden (WITH PICTURES!!!)   Gaslight Anthem at West Coast Riot festival, Gothenburg, Sweden (WITH PICTURES!!!) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Those pics are pretty good considering they're from a cell phone! I understand about not knowing the lyrics affecting enjoyment. When I don't know the lyrics to a song a band is playing, I tend to space out a little bit.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNjcFYnrC8g Here's them using Orphans as an opening.
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem at West Coast Riot festival, Gothenburg, Sweden (WITH PICTURES!!!)   Gaslight Anthem at West Coast Riot festival, Gothenburg, Sweden (WITH PICTURES!!!) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 1:48 pm

Nice pics! Gaslight were great. The crowd was kind of lame though. I'm pleased with the setlist, - got to hear three songs that they didn't play the last time I saw them (Boomboxes, Elvis & High Lonesome).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem at West Coast Riot festival, Gothenburg, Sweden (WITH PICTURES!!!)   Gaslight Anthem at West Coast Riot festival, Gothenburg, Sweden (WITH PICTURES!!!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaslight Anthem at West Coast Riot festival, Gothenburg, Sweden (WITH PICTURES!!!)
Page 1 of 1