DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Report from Aarhus, Denmark

Go down 
+6
joshyboytyler
Sinngh
plugga
enola
IKeeptheDiner
chickenman
10 posters
AuthorMessage
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

Report from Aarhus, Denmark Empty
PostSubject: Report from Aarhus, Denmark   Report from Aarhus, Denmark Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 11:35 am

Hi

Just thought I should share a few notes from a friend of mine who went to Gaslights show in Aarhus on Wednesday. Setlist seems not to be complete, but HEY, it's better than nothing at all. Very Happy
Oh, and she had a spot in the front row right in front of Brian.

The Gaslight Anthem
Voxhall, Aarhus, june 15th 2011

A Drunken Mans 'Darkness....'

Setlist (it is not complete, I'm sure they also played "Here's Lookin' at You Kid" and "Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts")

Intro "You Can't Always Get What You Want"
Orphans
Even Cowgirls Get The Blues
The Diamond Church Street Choir
Old White Lincoln.

Bring It On
The '59 Sound
Miles Davis & The Cool

Fallon talks about his old apartment in Brooklyn where he had a see-through shower curtain with a map of the world. Something about scary Norwegian black metal, a general disappointment of the lack of public nudity in Europe and an anecdote about a phone call from Bruce Springsteen.
During Fallons talk a guy from the audience repeatedly keeps shouting out for "Darkness on the Edge of Town". Fallon
explains that against peoples general believe he doesn’t know how to play every Bruce Springsteen song.

Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?
Film Noir
Queen Of Low Chelsea
Great Expectations

"Come up here and play it yourself"
The guy from before keeps shouting for "Darkness On The Edge Of Town". Fallon says he doesn’t remember how to play it but that the guy can borrow his guitar and play it himself. The guy (think he is called Søren) hesitates but end up on stage and plays a drunken mans version of the first verse of Darkness.

The Backseats

ENCORE
Señor and The Queen
We Did It When We Were Young

Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Report from Aarhus, Denmark   Report from Aarhus, Denmark Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 11:37 am

Thats funny with the drunk Darkness guy. But I can see where its really really annoying as having to deal with drunk people during my sets as well. One hell of an encore though.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Report from Aarhus, Denmark   Report from Aarhus, Denmark Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 12:12 pm

Thanks for sharing this, chickenman.
Interesting that they kept "We Did It When We Were Young" on the setlist when they were so hesitant to play it in Hamburg Smile And I really don't get why Biloxi Parish only gets played at festivals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Report from Aarhus, Denmark   Report from Aarhus, Denmark Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 12:17 pm

Quote :
explains that against peoples general believe he doesn’t know how to play every Bruce Springsteen song.

LMAO.
I agree, the encore looks amazing. Hopefully there are videos hmm
Back to top Go down
Sinngh
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Sinngh

PostSubject: Re: Report from Aarhus, Denmark   Report from Aarhus, Denmark Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 12:34 pm

chickenman wrote:

Intro "You Can't Always Get What You Want"
The Stones song? I thought they settled on AC/DC's Hell's Bells, at least they did the last 2 times I saw them.
Back to top Go down
joshyboytyler
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
joshyboytyler

PostSubject: Re: Report from Aarhus, Denmark   Report from Aarhus, Denmark Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 2:45 pm

Any videos of that guy? Brian shudda kicked his ass
Back to top Go down
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

PostSubject: Re: Report from Aarhus, Denmark   Report from Aarhus, Denmark Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 3:30 pm

enola wrote:
And I really don't get why Biloxi Parish only gets played at festivals.

I'm pretty sure that's not a coomplete setlist, no American Slang or We Came To Dance. I guess they could've dropped one of them, but not both at the same gig, right...?
Back to top Go down
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

PostSubject: Re: Report from Aarhus, Denmark   Report from Aarhus, Denmark Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 3:32 pm

joshyboytyler wrote:
Any videos of that guy? Brian the guys around him shudda kicked his ass

Fixed it for ya.
Back to top Go down
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

PostSubject: Re: Report from Aarhus, Denmark   Report from Aarhus, Denmark Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 3:44 pm

joshyboytyler wrote:
Any videos of that guy? Brian shudda kicked his ass

Found it. You are always responsible for your own actions in this life, and that applies when watching this clip as well.

Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Report from Aarhus, Denmark   Report from Aarhus, Denmark Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:13 pm

that was hilarious.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Report from Aarhus, Denmark   Report from Aarhus, Denmark Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:24 pm

Sure takes a lot of guts to go up on stage and do this.
But still, I prefer Brian on stage singing Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: Report from Aarhus, Denmark   Report from Aarhus, Denmark Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:49 pm

Is it just me, or are fans a lot more apparent with shouting shit out during Gaslight shows over any others? I've been to tons, and Gaslight is the only band that always has that one moron who keeps shouting out some song title repeatedly - in ATL, there's this guy who just keeps saying, "1930!!!!!" over and over and over again. I've been to their shows and dealt with this guy in each of the three shows I've gone to. >.<
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Report from Aarhus, Denmark   Report from Aarhus, Denmark Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:53 pm

Every band has that group of "old-schoolers." For instance, I''ve never been to a Thrice show and not heard someone shout DEADBOLT!!!! Or sometimes at Bruce shows you'll get the one guy shouting Thunder Road. Every musical acts got em. Whether you agree or not, they'll be there, if they dont play it, well their loss cause they paid for it.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Report from Aarhus, Denmark   Report from Aarhus, Denmark Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:56 pm

ahahah brian is the most adorable human being on the planet, if I was him I'd have probably punched him in the face lol
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Report from Aarhus, Denmark   Report from Aarhus, Denmark Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:49 am

That video is hilarious Smile

Here's Looking At You, Kid seems to disappear from setlists more and more Sad And no Blue Jeans & White T-shirts either but then ending with We Did It When We Were Young? Their constant changes in setlists are sometimes frustrating, but on the other hand: it makes every gig exciting. I'm seeing them again in less than two weeks and couldn't be more excited Smile
Back to top Go down
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

PostSubject: Re: Report from Aarhus, Denmark   Report from Aarhus, Denmark Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 12:38 pm

@fluppebxl:

chickenman wrote:
Setlist (it is not complete, I'm sure they also played "Here's Lookin' at You Kid" and "Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts")

What part of this did you not understand? Very Happy Wink
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Report from Aarhus, Denmark   Report from Aarhus, Denmark Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 2:21 pm

Lol, my enthusiasm obviously hindered my reading skills, sorry Smile
Back to top Go down
joshyboytyler
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
joshyboytyler

PostSubject: Re: Report from Aarhus, Denmark   Report from Aarhus, Denmark Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:35 am

The blokes just an embarrassing Dad lol - I think TGA suffer worse from ''hecklers'' cos of the Springsteen thing - there's always one bloke crying out for Atlantic City or Backstreets or something or other - shows what great guys they are tho the way they treated this bloke
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Report from Aarhus, Denmark   Report from Aarhus, Denmark Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:19 pm

Wow, this guy has definitely created his digital footprint, and not in a good way.

While it may be annoying if somebody keeps shouting "1930", yelling for a cover song is absolutely rude to the band in my opinion. If he so wanted to hear Darkness, he could have made himself comfortable with his six-pack and watched a Bruce DVD at home instead.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Report from Aarhus, Denmark   Report from Aarhus, Denmark Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:45 pm

I had this group of people shouting "FIFTY NINE SOUND FIFTY NINE SOUND" around me first time I saw them live. Like huh? First of all it's annoying and secondly as if they weren't gonna play their 'biggest hit' without some people screaming all night long.

That video is pretty damn funny though : D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Report from Aarhus, Denmark   Report from Aarhus, Denmark Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Report from Aarhus, Denmark
Page 1 of 1