DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2!

Go down 
+18
kuruptlon
enola
Jay
JJW319
Down by the Mersey
ral
carryon820
Shrewsbury_Stars
908-Billy
19thirty
TGAFAN25
Harbortown
Bea
simo
plugga
AngryJohnnyN1930
steady now steady now
CluckyB
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2! Empty
PostSubject: The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2!   The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 10:54 pm

The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2! Tga10

Get your DVR/Tivo ready
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2!   The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 11:04 pm

Wow. Thats last minute and fully awesome =D

/me still hoping they decide to do an EP this winter rather than waiting till 2012 for a while new record
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2!   The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 5:38 am

Looking forward to it, but wondering whether it's ususal for bands to kind of relaunch an album which is now nearly a year old. Talk shows, new video, festival tour.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender
AngryJohnnyN1930

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2!   The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 1:20 am

steady now steady now wrote:
Looking forward to it, but wondering whether it's ususal for bands to kind of relaunch an album which is now nearly a year old. Talk shows, new video, festival tour.

My thoughts as well...

Letterman has a pretty good rep as far as sound quality goes so this should be sweet. That's where they where when Rollingstone Magazine gave em that "infamous" quote.
"band of our generation..." Smile
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2!   The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 10:39 am

someone should rec this and the mark hoppus thing with brian!
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2!   The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 2:22 pm

They're playing Bring It On...
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2!   The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 2:26 pm

simo wrote:
They're playing Bring It On...
great -.-
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2!   The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 2:38 pm

It's not really that strange that they're playing Bring it On, seeing as they're releasing it (Or recently have released it) as their single.

Quote :
great -.-
What's wrong with that?
It's one of American Slang's greatest songs in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2!   The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 6:42 pm

it's a great song, don't get me wrong. but i don't really like seeing the same thing over and over again. meaning that in my opinion it would be much cooler if, since they already played Bring It On on Kimmel, they'd play something else now... not that it would make sense if they would, but i'd just find it more interesting and exciting Smile
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2!   The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 2:56 am

Seeing as they're making a video for Bring It On, and they played it the last time on National TV, I think it's pretty clear they're trying to push Bring It On as a single, SO LETS BACK OUR BOYS UP!!!

CANT WAIT!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2!   The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 4:37 am

they looked good. I enjoyed it
Alex Levine add some new ink to his left arm.
Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2!   The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 8:20 am

Alex got on my nerves for some reason...his voice sounded like shit and that shirt he was wearing was weird. That shirt was way too tight! I could see if it was a tee but those kinda shirts shouldn't be that tight! Sorry felt like being a fashion critic!!
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2!   The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 8:26 am

Thought it sounded great except for the back-up vocals, my friends loved it aside from that too...

Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2!   The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 8:30 am

hmmm no video yet?
Back to top Go down
908-Billy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
908-Billy

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2!   The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 8:41 am

I missed it. I was at work. Did anyone record it? And what about Brian talking with Hoppus?
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2!   The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 9:24 am

Bea wrote:
it's a great song, don't get me wrong. but i don't really like seeing the same thing over and over again. meaning that in my opinion it would be much cooler if, since they already played Bring It On on Kimmel, they'd play something else now... not that it would make sense if they would, but i'd just find it more interesting and exciting Smile

I was thinking the same thing but last night's performance was SO much better than Kimmel it was almost like a different song.
Back to top Go down
carryon820
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2!   The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 10:00 am

I have similar thoughts........the performance was great, but damn the background vocals were pretty bad and sounded so cheesey. For some reason, I'm always conflicted about Alex's live performaces/on stage presence . I go back and forth with him getting on my nerves to at the same time finding myself really liking something about him on stage. However, last night there wasn't much "going back and forth", I kind of stayed on the side of him getting on my nerves/being annoyed. I hate when I allow something like that to take away from an otherwise great performance.............I wonder how many others did?
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2!   The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 10:10 am

here's a quick encode (720x400, 85MB) of the OTA broadcast - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OT1ZCLTV. should play fine in most media players but works in VLC for sure.

if there's demand, I could probably upload a higher quality version too.
Back to top Go down
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2!   The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 10:15 am

http://theaudioperv.com/2011/04/16/the-gaslight-anthem-bright-it-on-415-letterman/

Hope this works for everyone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2!   The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 10:21 am

it works, THANK YOU : )
I'm a fan of those new tattoos
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2!   The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 12:16 pm

I liked the performance. Also noticed the tats!

Last edited by JJW319 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2!   The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 12:17 pm

he wears them all the time, honestly, what's wrong with that one? : D
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2!   The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 1:05 pm

Pretty good performance I would say.

I didn't think the backup vocals were that bad either.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2!   The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 3:19 pm

Down by the Mersey wrote:
http://theaudioperv.com/2011/04/16/the-gaslight-anthem-bright-it-on-415-letterman/
Hope this works for everyone.

Works just fine .. thank you!!
I think it was much better than the Kimmel performance (soundwise) and they seemed again very confident with being on a TV show ...
Not sure about Alex's shirt, though ;o)
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2!   The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 3:21 pm

Why does anyone care what clothing the guys are wearing? This is really an honest question.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2!   The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gaslight Anthem on David Letterman Rd2!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next