DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Vaccines

Go down 
+4
shuffle
Rock bus
drifter69
ThisMachineKillsFascists
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

The Vaccines Empty
PostSubject: The Vaccines   The Vaccines Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 6:47 pm

Great band. Can't stop listening to their album.

Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

The Vaccines Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vaccines   The Vaccines Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:04 pm

heard the album yesterday and i love it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
Rock bus
A Contender
A Contender

The Vaccines Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vaccines   The Vaccines Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:22 pm

Totally over hyped here in the UK but the album is really good
Just great fun quick songs -whats not to like !
Back to top Go down
shuffle
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

The Vaccines Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vaccines   The Vaccines Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 8:22 am

Yeah, they're definitely overhyped, but that doesn't change the fact that they actually deliver - unlike most British hype bands. I enjoy their debut album, and they're a really good live act too (seen them live twice, once a few weeks ago here in Stockholm and once in London in October last year, but they only played three songs then, and two were covers). You can watch their performance at AOL's Pop-Up Show Series at SXSW here and if you haven't heard their debut album I'd suggest you check it out, you can stream it .here
Back to top Go down
http://birdsneedfeet.blogspot.com/
sweetpaul
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

The Vaccines Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vaccines   The Vaccines Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:14 pm

To think Justin was quite reverred as a songwriter and has turned to what sounds like Phil Spector producing indie landfill. Nothing memorable about it but fun.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

The Vaccines Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vaccines   The Vaccines Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:19 pm

can't stop listening to norgaard!
Back to top Go down
shuffle
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

The Vaccines Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vaccines   The Vaccines Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:25 pm

I prefer his work as Jay Jay Pistolet to The Vaccines...hopefully he'll release some more stuff later on, perhaps as a side-project, but I kinda doubt it.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

The Vaccines Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vaccines   The Vaccines Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:15 pm

I really dont see the hype its proper indie filler what is it that is supposed to make people like them? This is genuine question not snobbery.

Its the same with Yuck who are also getting lots of hype they just sound like Dinosaur Jr nothing exciting about it.
Back to top Go down
shuffle
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

The Vaccines Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vaccines   The Vaccines Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 8:04 pm

They've got better songs than most other NME hyped indie bands, but still, there's nothing that exciting about them. A friend of mine completely adores them though...I don't get it, but whatever. I'm happy they'll put something listenable on when I hang out with them instead of the usually crap.

Yuck on the other hand are pretty great. I didn't like them much at all when I first heard them, I figured they were just Dinosaur Jr./Pavement clones without any originality or quality but they've grown on me a lot since I first heard their record in early January. They've got really good songs, and the sound is great. Original? Not at all, but I don't really care about originality as long as it's good.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

The Vaccines Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vaccines   The Vaccines Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 8:51 pm

Guess I need to listen more to Yuck then and see if it grows on me. I just on initial listening I was just thinking I would be better of just sticking on you're living all over me or slanted and enchanted but will give it anther shot.
Back to top Go down
shuffle
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

The Vaccines Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vaccines   The Vaccines Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:07 pm

That's pretty much what I thought too...although I'd go with Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain instead Wink

I don't even know why I kept listening to it, but whatever reason it worked. Hope it'll do so for you to...otherwise I just wasted your time Laughing
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

The Vaccines Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vaccines   The Vaccines Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:53 pm

new album out in september but it has leaked, aint heard it yet, gonna wait a few weeks, still listening to handwritten too much!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
FelixMA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
FelixMA

The Vaccines Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vaccines   The Vaccines Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 1:56 pm

The Vaccines are just landfill indie-pop but they're good landfill indie-pop. They're probably not gonna be remembered for doing great things but they know how to write catchy little pop songs. Wrecking Bar and Norgaard are decent little songs and I'd say their albums worth a listen. HOWEVER Yuck are fantastic and I recommend you give them another listen!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Vaccines Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vaccines   The Vaccines Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Vaccines
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Other Bands-
Jump to: