DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

who is this guy?

Go down 
+11
loazis
Matty-E
Kosburn59
steady now steady now
PFREEZY
fullcollapse
Shrewsbury_Stars
ral
IKeeptheDiner
Gaslight_Fan
Daire
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

who is this guy? Empty
PostSubject: who is this guy?   who is this guy? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:28 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslight_anthem#Band_members

Some guy who just added his own name to their wiki? Or did I miss somthing?

Last edited by Daire on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gaslight_Fan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

who is this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: who is this guy?   who is this guy? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 1:28 am

I was thinking this also, but I did some research on the guy and apparently he just recently started out. He is this guy from Montreal that supplies Gaslight with some of there vocals and writes some songs. He will be on a few of the upcoming tracks. I hope this helps.

He had also been writing for this band from Kingston, ON called the Benjamin Lewis Band which has been linked to Gaslight.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

who is this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: who is this guy?   who is this guy? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 3:40 pm

This is strange.....

not a bad thing. just sudden and i did some research and can't find much. as long as it works.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

who is this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: who is this guy?   who is this guy? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:01 pm

Gaslight_Mod wrote:
I was thinking this also, but I did some research on the guy and apparently he just recently started out. He is this guy from Montreal that supplies Gaslight with some of there vocals and writes some songs. He will be on a few of the upcoming tracks. I hope this helps.

He had also been writing for this band from Kingston, ON called the Benjamin Lewis Band which has been linked to Gaslight.

Source for any of this? I'll go ahead and call BS now. The person that made the entry on Wiki also added his band to the SideOne lineup page but there are literally no other pages found referencing them when you search Google. Also, unless I missed something, a seach for the Benjamin Lewis Band and Gaslight reveals no connection.

I'm inclined to agree with the original poster that someone's adding their own name to Wiki.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

who is this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: who is this guy?   who is this guy? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:53 pm

ral wrote:
Gaslight_Mod wrote:

Source for any of this? I'll go ahead and call BS now. The person that made the entry on Wiki also added his band to the SideOne lineup page but there are literally no other pages found referencing them when you search Google. Also, unless I missed something, a seach for the Benjamin Lewis Band and Gaslight reveals no connection.

I'm inclined to agree with the original poster that someone's adding their own name to Wiki.

How can this be BS? Someone made their very first post on this board to verify the information. I'm sold.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

who is this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: who is this guy?   who is this guy? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 1:31 am

Gaslight_Mod wrote:

Yeah, because Gaslight REALLY needs/wants other people for them to write songs for them.

Adding "mod" to you name will not make us think anything of you. Not knowing which form of "their" to use will make you look like you're six years old. Gaslight is not Celine Dion; they write their own songs.
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

who is this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: who is this guy?   who is this guy? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 11:42 am

Gaslight Mod, brilliant.
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

who is this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: who is this guy?   who is this guy? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 11:54 am

Seems it's someone trying to get some cheap hits off GA so I took his name out of the title.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

who is this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: who is this guy?   who is this guy? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 4:46 pm

Daire wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslight_anthem#Band_members

Some guy who just added his own name to their wiki? Or did I miss somthing?

He has already been deleted from the Wikipedia entry. If any such person had been a touring member, I'm sure we'd all know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

who is this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: who is this guy?   who is this guy? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 4:50 pm

PFREEZY wrote:
Gaslight Mod, brilliant.

I'ver changed the user name to Gaslight_Fan and will keep an eye on posts. I think we can safely ignore the trolling nonsense about writing songs with/for TGA, blah blah blah. drunken
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

who is this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: who is this guy?   who is this guy? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 5:17 pm

Gaslight trolling....I thought I'd never have to see the day. lol.
Back to top Go down
Matty-E
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

who is this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: who is this guy?   who is this guy? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 9:22 am

Isn't he the guitar tech/ the guy that Brian is doing The Horrible Crows side project with? I'm pretty sure I've seem him in a few live videos where Brian wants to move around on stage so he just sings, and he plays guitar instead.

*edit* Here it is, playing at Area 4 2010 <iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OmwToQr1LQk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by Matty-E on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

who is this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: who is this guy?   who is this guy? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 9:23 am

Matty-E wrote:
Isn't he the guitar tech/ the guy that Brian is doing The Horrible Crows side project with? I'm pretty sure I've seem him in a few live videos where Brian wants to move around on stage so he just sings, and he plays guitar instead.
That's Ian.
Back to top Go down
Matty-E
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

who is this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: who is this guy?   who is this guy? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 9:26 am

loazis wrote:
Matty-E wrote:
That's Ian.

Yeah? That's what the wikipedia page said unless it had another name too and was removed before I saw it.
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

who is this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: who is this guy?   who is this guy? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 11:36 am

Matty-E wrote:
loazis wrote:
Matty-E wrote:
That's Ian.

Yeah? That's what the wikipedia page said unless it had another name too and was removed before I saw it.

It had another name that was removed before you saw it because it was bullshit.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

who is this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: who is this guy?   who is this guy? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 6:00 pm

Wow, so this tool edited Ian out of the wiki? There's no room for that crap in this fandom, plain and simple.

Ian Perkins is definitely the guitar tech/guy you've seen on stage/the other half of Horrible Crowes.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

who is this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: who is this guy?   who is this guy? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 6:28 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
Wow, so this tool edited Ian out of the wiki? There's no room for that crap in this fandom, plain and simple.

Ian Perkins is definitely the guitar tech/guy you've seen on stage/the other half of Horrible Crowes.

guys, guys, this is way out of control and half of you have no idea what went on or how to use/check Wikipedia Evil or Very Mad

the offending section of the 8 March version read:

Touring members
Derek Grant - guitar, backing vocals (October 2008)
Ian Perkins - guitar (2010)
Greg Kates - vocals (2010)

both Derek Grant and Greg Kates (the fake/troll) have since been deleted by someone (Wiki tools don't edit this kind of thing)

Ian still has his rightful place (he had actually been added by myself some time ago)

so everybody calm down and get back to what you were doing ... Smile
Back to top Go down
SkullyScott
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SkullyScott

who is this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: who is this guy?   who is this guy? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 4:02 pm

P.S. someone did it again. Ian is off and some new 2 people who are apparently brothers, and play alto sax and triangle for the gaslight anthem are now on there. wtf is this bs? cant people just be mature?
]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslight_anthem#Band_members[/url]
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001088589555
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

who is this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: who is this guy?   who is this guy? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 4:11 pm

hahaha now this is just hilarious. Someone's just having fun at this point.

Tempted to throw myself in there as the band's offical tattoo-getter and, uh... coat rack!
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

who is this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: who is this guy?   who is this guy? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 4:14 pm

i added Ian and deleted the other two guys, let's see how long it lasts this time..
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

who is this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: who is this guy?   who is this guy? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 4:18 pm

lol but seriously people, this is hilarious
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

who is this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: who is this guy?   who is this guy? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 5:04 pm

Didn;t Derek Grant actually tour with Gaslight for a while though?
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

who is this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: who is this guy?   who is this guy? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 6:20 pm

Touring members

* Matt Kates - triangle (2010)

: DDDD
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

who is this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: who is this guy?   who is this guy? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 3:44 am

Bea wrote:
i added Ian and deleted the other two guys, let's see how long it lasts this time..

you only need to 'revert' other people's changes, which also tells others that it's probably a case of vandalism
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

who is this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: who is this guy?   who is this guy? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 4:34 am

steady now steady now wrote:
Bea wrote:

you only need to 'revert' other people's changes, which also tells others that it's probably a case of vandalism
you do it next time Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

who is this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: who is this guy?   who is this guy? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

who is this guy?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Gaslight Anthem :: Discussion About The Band-
Jump to: